Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Guest Markyblue
28 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Only if he partners a Scottish CB. We need to sign MacAdam from somewhere.

Went right over my head for a moment. 

Both the President and Vice President of Saint-Etienne want to do the deal, it’s literally just Puel getting in the way, do one you ****

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-asse-le-point-sur-le-dossier-fofana-518805

The Wesley Fofana case remains the subject of a heavy internal differential on the side of ASSE.

As revealed by le10sport.com, Roland Romeyer (Vice President) is ready to sell his young central defender at a high price, in order to bring into the coffers a sum of money likely to stabilize the financial situation of the club.

This position was further strengthened by the fact that after a first offer to 25 million euros, Leicester as expected increased its figures to 29 million, letting filter the message that it would probably not go higher.

But Romeyer's position, which Bernard Caïazzo (President) would also validate, comes up against a categorical refusal of Claude Puel, who blocks any possibility of Fofana's departure.

Edited by moore_94

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester now need to come out give them 24-48 hours to decide or go for Tah simple, it’s a bit like Puel is playing petty hard ball with us for sacking him That night not be the case but it comes across as pettiness on Puels part ?

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Leicester now need to come out give them 24-48 hours to decide or go for Tah simple, it’s a bit like Puel is playing petty hard ball with us for sacking him That night not be the case but it comes across as pettiness on Puels part ?

or, and imagine this...

Whatever the amount of money, he doesn't have a CB replacement of this lad's calibre, and even with dollar bills spilling out of his pocket they can't attract a replacement...

4 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Weirdly, that’s what I had for dinner last night!
Except mine was medium-rare. 
And only 8oz these days. 
And a fillet. 
And chicken, actually. 
But other than that, it was identical! 

Trent try it Blue next time, such a difference in taste & texture mmm making me even more craving for one now !!

Just now, sphericalfox said:

or, and imagine this...

Whatever the amount of money, he doesn't have a CB replacement of this lad's calibre, and even with dollar bills spilling out of his pocket they can't attract a replacement...

That’s his fault for being shit at Leicester and now managing at a level more suited to him.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

or, and imagine this...

Could be but don’t you think there’s a bit of bitterness and now he holds the key to someone we want?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I'm not sure about that. I think Claude just wants to keep his best players and/or force the price up. He's just acting in the best interests of his current club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Puel is doing absolutely the right thing by fighting to keep his player, especially with no replacement lined up.  But I don't quite understand how he has the power to stop a transfer if the board wants it.  Surely it's their decision, not his?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

if that's the case then surely the St Etienne hierarchy and Puel will thrash it out between themselves and agree a strategy of either to keep him or sell at a certain price. 

I think we're right to sit tight with our offer and see how this one plays out.