Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Puel is doing absolutely the right thing by fighting to keep his player, especially with no replacement lined up.  But I don't quite understand how he has the power to stop a transfer if the board wants it.  Surely it's their decision, not his?

Which is why I mentioned has he now a problem with us just a question or observation rather  than a statement ?

Edited by justfoxes

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Not making shit up just wondering why owners & board say yes but puels digging his feet in?

Maybe contractually he does have the FINAL say for transfers. Who knows. All this bs about Puel being spiteful is a nonsense when if it literally was any other manager or any other club with the same scenario, it woul dbe very simple that the manager is looking after the team's best interest, and a lack of replacement readily available for transfer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

if that's the case then surely the St Etienne hierarchy and Puel will thrash it out between themselves and agree a strategy of either to keep him or sell at a certain price. 

I think we're right to sit tight with our offer and see how this one plays out. 

It plays out when West Ham or Villa or Everton turn up with the readies. 

3 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Puel is probably the worst person that could be in charge for us to try and get this deal done.

a.) He's probably still bitter about being sacked

b.) He knows how we operate and how to squeeze more out of us

Puel also knows the owners have a ruthless streak and did not mess about showing him the door and paying out for a successor this could be about saving face with the fans  because if they are desperate for funds and we have a good deal on the table do they want to risk us moving on to other targets

Like I said before in this thread. Puel has shown himself to be a Grade A Twat again with this. He’s tried to bully both the club he works for and Fofana into getting his own way. He doesn’t want to sell to us and will do anything to stop it. He’s making the transfer unnecessarily difficult for all parties. Now the club have to go against their manager by selling a player for the pre-agreed sum after his tantrums in the media. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

€30m if accurate is a massive fee for a Ligue 1 club to turn down, if they do.

I hope we get this one done, and I suspect we will. Once Claude has time to digest it from the outside. Im sure he will know our transfer policy inside out, but Covid changes how far we are looking to go with deals I imagine.

3 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

He could threaten to resign, they may consider the loss of Puel as a bigger risk to the future of the club. Imagine that tough choice. 

Or they sack him for refusing to accept the board's decision. Especially if his current delaying tactics mean that if/when we do sign Fofana, they don't have enough time to sign a replacement with the money...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Like I said before in this thread. Puel has shown himself to be a Grade A Twat again with this. He’s tried to bully both the club he works for and Fofana into getting his own way. He doesn’t want to sell to us and will do anything to stop it. He’s making the transfer unnecessarily difficult for all parties. Now the club have to go against their manager by selling a player for the pre-agreed sum after his tantrums in the media. 

Rich.

• Haha 2

If the club want to sell, they will. They have been hit pretty badly by CV, and I don’t think it’s the clubs intention to keep him if they get an offer they can’t refuse. Puel’s opinion means Jack shit, he doesn’t invest into the club financially so if the price is right, he goes.

1 minute ago, 22BLUE said:

Rich.

I assume you are referring to Fofana? Put yourself in his shoes, how would you feel if the club you played for said you could move on to a bigger club, in a bigger league (with a substantial pay increase may I add) if the asking price is met. That asking price is then met and your manager does everything he can to stop it? Puel’s even refused to sit down like a decent human and discuss it with him to try and find a solution.