Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Spotted that this morning, hopefully a rarity but a bit of a depressing find if its more common than we think.

Yes woke up to this on my phone.Part of me thinks they throw these stories at us to keep us on our toes.Not a bad thing as such but reinfection has been reported before.

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Covid reinfection: Man gets Covid twice and second hit 'more severe'

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54512034

Saw that this morning. Could the first test have been a false positive?

Interesting that it was almost a month after his original symptoms that he got a positive result too.

• 25 March - First wave of symptoms, including sore throat, cough, headache, nausea and diarrhoea
  • 18 April - He tests positive for the first time

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

This all reminds me of a classic Yes Minister episode where they were congratulation themselves about a miraculously well run hospital with plenty of beds, state of the art equipment... yet no patients. 

This reminds me of that state of the art hospital they take tourists round in North Korea.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Spotted that this morning, hopefully a rarity but a bit of a depressing find if its more common than we think.

4 or 5 confirmed cases out of how many million you’d hope it’s an extremely rare occurrence, but of course that doesn’t quantify asymptomatic reinfections. About what I expected though, we probably aren’t ever exterminating this it’s just making sure we have it under wraps with effective enough treatment so that it can be relegated to another flavour of seasonal flu. 

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Interesting that it was almost a month after his original symptoms that he got a positive result too.

• 25 March - First wave of symptoms, including sore throat, cough, headache, nausea and diarrhoea

More than possible given it’s only 4 or 5 confirmed cases, that or they’re the unlucky one-in-a-million buggers who’ll probably get hit by lightning as they leave hospital! It’s also interesting to note these are all American cases minus one Ecuadorian bloke. 

Here’s the citated WebMD link if anyone fancies a read: 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201012/first-confirmed-us-case-of-covid-reinfections

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

It seriously baffles me how people have so much trust in mainstream news sites such as the BBC and SkyNews. Who is too say they are reliable and telling the truth? People just listen to everything being said without questioning. Has no one got a mind of their own?

I think ignorance is a choice these days.I’m not surprised that so many have gone down the various conspiracies route though.The MSM have fed us so much horse shite over the years it’s hardly surprising.They have a lot to answer for.This is the end result.

Guest Harrydc
2 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I think ignorance is a choice these days.I’m not surprised that so many have gone down the various conspiracies route though.The MSM have fed us so much horse shite over the years it’s hardly surprising.They have a lot to answer for.This is the end result.

Thats a good point. Like you said, so many have gone down the route of conspiracys, probably more with this than any incident in history. For me personally it's becoming increasingly difficult to think along the lines of a 'normal' person. Guess I'm just a no good nut job who has 'mastered the art' of spouting sh*t. 

49 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Where is the data for this? The ONS has only reported up to August 2020, and this was released 5 days ago as posted above. 

It is an ONS graph, look at the top , it tells you.

It is up to week 38, which I believe is September 14.

Edited by joachim1965
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

they have isolated the virus strain from both tests so can't be a false positive. i wonder if the first infection was the east Asian strain and the second the more virulent Italian ??   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

The unintentional irony at this stage is as staggering as it is comical. 

The irony is, of course that those who spout the "People blindly believe everything they read in MSM" are usually so deeply entrenched in their echo chamber of paranoia and conspiracy theory. You won't find them critically evaluating the things they agree with, let me tell you that.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Fktf said:

And at a point in time when they were showing symptoms. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up being kicked out of uni as well.

Good....!!

Show these charming arrogant know-alls ex future leaders...That the Cummins-Johnson way....is wrong & stinks...!!!

Their parents will now learn to pay for their kids actions....Taking The pss out of society has its costs...and all criminals have to carry those costs..

A Bit of naming & shaming would help....

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

The irony is, of course that those who spout the "People blindly believe everything they read in MSM" are usually so deeply entrenched in their echo chamber of paranoia and conspiracy theory. You won't find them critically evaluating the things they agree with, let me tell you that.

I randomly read that in a very loud northern accent :blush:

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wonder how long it'll be before they bring in age based restrictions. Seems the most obvious route to me at the moment if a there isn't a viable vaccine in the near future.

Such a system would be harsh in the extreme on fit 60 year olds who like to live a life. Imagine the mental torture on an active mid 60s person telling them they can’t do the things they used to do. 

3 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Such a system would be harsh in the extreme on fit 60 year olds who like to live a life. Imagine the mental torture on an active mid 60s person telling them they can’t do the things they used to do. 

I would start at 70-75 and see how it goes. Average death is 82.4, no need to go as low as 60 I dont think.

5 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Whatever age I think there’s going to be thousands of good for their age fit people who’d rather chance it and live a live their normal life rather than locking themselves away indefinitely.  

This would be OK if the 'chance' they were taking was purely for their own lives, but unfortunately it just doesn't work like that. There are millions of vulnerable people in the UK who are reliant on everyone taking responsibility for the reduction in risk, and this doesn't happen by people deciding to 'chance it'.

• Like 1