Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

14 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So being in tier 3 does that mean my brother isn't allowed to visit my house to watch the footie? 

Cba wading through the bullshit these days, if someone doesn't mind answering I'd appreciate it. Ta. 

Guidance for tier 3 is 'no household mixing indoors or outdoors' 

• Thanks 1

https://www.centreforcities.org/data/coronavirus-cases-uk-cities-large-towns/

This is an up to date list of covid rates, it seems anyone with an infection rate of over 200 per 100,000 is highest level although it's not quite as clear cut as that Warrington is middle tier.

This gives an indicator of where Leicester ranks in the covid league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So being in tier 3 does that mean my brother isn't allowed to visit my house to watch the footie? 

Cba wading through the bullshit these days, if someone doesn't mind answering I'd appreciate it. Ta. 

If one of you lives alone and doesn’t mix with anyone else then you can class as a support bubble and effectively make up one household between you.

If you’re both in multi-person households or another bubble, he’ll have to watch through the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Guidance for tier 3 is 'no household mixing indoors or outdoors' 

Im sure that’s changed slightly to no household mixing indoors and most outdoor settings. I think you can meet one other person in a public park for example, but not outdoors in a private garden. 

@Innovindil I think it’s only Tier 1 that allows others inside your home. 

• Thanks 1

Surely everyone knows household will still mix? Regardless of tiers and rules. I think those in charge use the no household mixing as a way of discourages big house parties and gatherings, completing understanding that families will meet each other on a small basis. Allowing shops to open makes a mockery of all other rules, and if it wasn't Christmas they wouldn't be opening. Too important to the economy to not have them open this time of year. Sacrificed hospitality. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

https://www.centreforcities.org/data/coronavirus-cases-uk-cities-large-towns/

This is an up to date list of covid rates, it seems anyone with an infection rate of over 200 per 100,000 is highest level although it's not quite as clear cut as that Warrington is middle tier.

This gives an indicator of where Leicester ranks in the covid league.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Has anyone seen any announcement as to when these Tiers could change (up or down)? Any idea on the thresholds for each? 

Nothing yet but the above link seems to suggest the cut off for tier 2/3 is around 200 per 100,000.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Has anyone seen any announcement as to when these Tiers could change (up or down)? Any idea on the thresholds for each? 

1 minute ago, stix said:

Review on 16th December

Then every two weeks onwards right?

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Has Liverpool been put into Tier 2 so they can say mass testing works? Or has it generally decreased to a lower level than the rest of the north? 

No surprise to see my area in Tier 3, despite cases apparently falling over the past few weeks. 

The figures posted by @Captain... below your post suggest that infections in Liverpool & Birkenhead have fallen to a much lower level than the rest of the NW - below 200.

So we can do pretty much everything on our own or in a bubble apart from;

eat indoors 

attend indoor leisure facilities

get a blowie at the gents club

exercise in classes indoors

play football indoors 

have sleep overs at your mates?

Otherwise I can go the the gym on my own? 

14 minutes ago, adam said:

Cant sit in a small restaurant 2 metres apart from everyone but can go shopping around the high cross with 100s of others. Makes sense. Its gonna be impossible to get out of tier 3. 

You must be able to see an epidemiological difference between sitting maskless in a closed environment and walking around an airy shopping centre with your mask on?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, adam said:

Cant sit in a small restaurant 2 metres apart from everyone but can go shopping around the high cross with 100s of others. Makes sense. Its gonna be impossible to get out of tier 3. 

We'll be like this for many weeks to come IMO. There might be a slight slow of spread at half term, but right in the middle of that you'll have multiple households mixing for Christmas.

7 minutes ago, adam said:

Because that is how it spreads small enclosed spaces. High cross is big and airy an asymptomatic covid spreader in High cross will be walking around with a mask and the amount of covid coming out their mouth will dilute to miniscule amounts in the atmosphere and everyone else wandering around with a mask will maybe get a tiny bit of it as they cross paths but not enough to catch covid. Of course nothing is guaranteed, you could be stuck in a queue at Boots with coughy Joe who doesn't like to wear a mask because it makes his face itch and you get covid, but it is all about minimising risk to a safe level.

Whereas if you are sitting downwind of a covid in a small or even large restaurant without a mask on you will constantly get small hits of covid that will build up over time until you have a substantial viral payload to take hold.

There is science behind this, it is not hard to find if you Google it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1