Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Seems to be a lot of mention of the fact that Christmas is a religious festival that is going ahead ..  wonder where this one is going. 

well it's a stark contrast to how they treated Eid and Diwali for sure...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Soulsby banging on about hoping the government gives him the right tools to get out of tier 3 in his usual sarcastic manner ..  you’ve got the same tools as everyone else you plonker ! ..  so stop fvckin moaning and try and improve things to levels other parts of the country are achieving. 

Too busy planning closing lanes on the ring roads and implementing cycle lanes that hardly get used

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well, as far as I know Eid and Diwali went ahead but with restrictions on households and extended families meeting. I imagine the gov will try the same with the Christmas festival. But I also think that most of those restrictions will be ignored, as I imagine was the case during Eid and Diwali. As there was no open celebration of either of those festivals, a lot must have place taken behind closed doors and that will most likely be the case at Christmas. That said, the gov have said 3 households can meet at Christmas but they then must have no other contact afterwards for a set period of time which, agreed, is different to Eid and Diwali but I seriously doubt there's a racist motive. Maybe the gov learnt from those festivals?

Edited by Parafox

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And there you have it !!! ..  imo it may be historically based on a religious event but  is really a community festival that brings the whole country together and supplies a real feel good factor ..  and that’s why they are trying to get a work round for it to go ahead.  What happened during eid and Diwali is not comparable ..  but this will no doubt be mentioned ad infinitum. 

For what it’s worth I think if we do all start mixing it will set us back massively ..  might as well leave it to individuals to make their own minds up (like they do anyway) ..    but don’t start moaning when we get locked down again. 

21 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

And there you have it !!! ..  imo it may be historically based on a religious event but  is really a community festival that brings the whole country together and supplies a real feel good factor ..  and that’s why they are trying to get a work round for it to go ahead.  What happened during eid and Diwali is not comparable ..  but this will no doubt be mentioned ad infinitum. 

For what it’s worth I think if we do all start mixing it will set us back massively ..  might as well leave it to individuals to make their own minds up (like they do anyway) ..    but don’t start moaning when we get locked down again. 

Of course you 'have it'. Dare I say you wanted someone to mention it otherwise you wouldn't have posted about it in here :dunno:

My point being is that they specifically sent a message out in the lead up to the events towards those communities to restrict meeting cos of Eid/Diwali, reminding everyone about the punishments people could face if they met up and broke the rules. Now, for Christmas, restrictions have been dramatically relaxed.

All of this despite the fact that COVID literally couldn't give a shit whether you celebrate any of them... 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I find it amazing that people actually wait for government instruction/permission as to whether to see their parents or not at Xmas. 

Surely we all have enough info now to work out for ourselves what is and isn't safe?!

People are thick.

Look at what happened when Trump talked about drinking bleach/disinfectant. We've got to the point where people now are actively leaving their own personal decision making up to the Government.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

FB_IMG_1606246359378.thumb.jpg.6e8835ecdea78cd8f7e52d13fc2b7cea.jpg

And how much extra do the people of these countries contribute from their earnings to facilitate those figures. 

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

People are thick.

Look at what happened when Trump talked about drinking bleach/disinfectant. We've got to the point where people now are actively leaving their own personal decision making up to the Government.

I agree and as I'm sure you guessed, I was being rhetorical with my original post. 

I genuinely think we.must be by far the dimmest population in Europe by an absolute mile

Edit; just look.at.mynm sentence construction and grammar for proof!

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I wonder how much percentage of people celebrating Christmas have been to a church (other than for a wedding, funeral, etc) in the past year, compared to Eid/mosque and Diwali/temple?

Given that many, many, many people aren't celebrating Christmas for any religious reason and therefore the date really doesn't matter, why not just say, you know what, let everyone just celebrate it later when we're all in a better place.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Of course you 'have it'. Dare I say you wanted someone to mention it otherwise you wouldn't have posted about it in here :dunno:

My point being is that they specifically sent a message out in the lead up to the events towards those communities to restrict meeting cos of Eid/Diwali, reminding everyone about the punishments people could face if they met up and broke the rules. Now, for Christmas, restrictions have been dramatically relaxed.

All of this despite the fact that COVID literally couldn't give a shit whether you celebrate any of them... 

And my point is that the media is repeatedly calling Christmas a ‘religious festival’ encouraging conflict cus other religious festivals were restricted ..   imo most people in this country are not religious at all but do all like to celebrate the occasion of Christmas ..  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I wonder how much percentage of people celebrating Christmas have been to a church (other than for a wedding, funeral, etc) in the past year, compared to Eid/mosque and Diwali/temple?

Given that many, many, many people aren't celebrating Christmas for any religious reason and therefore the date really doesn't matter, why not just say, you know what, let's just celebrate it later when we're all in a better place.

The media is just being vexatious ..  as they are with everything ..  ‘Christmas’ is at the end of the year at a time when most people are off work and families get together ..  there is very little religious connotation to it at all. 

I'm so tired and unable to process information that I'm asking on a fans' forum for a provincial football team what the new rules actually are.

If me and the kids go to visit the in-laws, along with my brother in law, that's ok because that's three households. Does that mean that I cannot take my family to see MY folks during the Christmas period?

I'm asking this on the assumption that both sets of parents actually want us to visit, which is not a given

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If we got 2 bank holidays off for Diwali or Eid then I'd be right up for it.

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

People are thick.

Nothing to do with the shoe size IQ of the average Trump voter then? That's a completely false premise and a terrible example based upon a very dim and uneducated cohort of the American electorate which will be just as likely to be swayed and influenced by alt-right conspiracy theory, festering online holes such as parler and the abhorrent pages of Breitbart. Shall we now turn to all those buffoons that shun face masks because Pete Evans told them Covid-19 was a hoax? Or those that refuse to vaccinate their children because of Jenny McCarthy or Jim Carey's twitter feed? Nothing to do with any 'government' - you'll find that they are one of the same - scientifically illiterate dullards and precisely the same sections of society most likely to spurn expertise and government guidelines preferring the armchair overnight 'expertise' of a You Tube video or social media feed. 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

For fùck sake, now the in laws will be round ruining my day. That’s another Christmas ruined.

Thankfully, mine won't.

She wanted to but there's no room in the garage for her broomstick...

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Nothing to do with the shoe size IQ of the average Trump voter then? That's a completely false premise and a terrible example based upon a very dim and uneducated cohort of the American electorate which will be just as likely to be swayed and influenced by alt-right conspiracy theory, festering online holes such as parler and the abhorrent pages of Breitbart. Shall we now turn to all those buffoons that shun face masks because Pete Evans told them Covid-19 was a hoax? Or those that refuse to vaccinate their children because of Jenny McCarthy or Jim Carey's twitter feed? Nothing to do with any 'government' - you'll find that they are one of the same - scientifically illiterate dullards and precisely the same sections of society most likely to spurn expertise and government guidelines preferring the armchair overnight 'expertise' of a You Tube video or social media feed. 

So people are thick then?lol

If you need to wait for Boris to tell you it's ok to mix 3 households but will then not mix with a 4th because he said it's bad, then yeah you are thick.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So people are thick then?lol

If you need to wait for Boris to tell you it's ok to mix 3 households but will then not mix with a 4th because he said it's bad, then yeah you are thick.

Sigh. Did you not read my post? 

16 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm so tired and unable to process information that I'm asking on a fans' forum for a provincial football team what the new rules actually are.

If me and the kids go to visit the in-laws, along with my brother in law, that's ok because that's three households. Does that mean that I cannot take my family to see MY folks during the Christmas period?

I'm asking this on the assumption that both sets of parents actually want us to visit, which is not a given

Yeah I believe you’re encouraged to make a bubble of three households, and that bubble is the only one each household is allowed to be in. Once you see two other households, theoretically you can’t go and see another. I guess otherwise then if three households met, and then each of those households met another, then very soon the whole country would be in the same bubble. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

The media is just being vexatious ..  as they are with everything ..  ‘Christmas’ is at the end of the year at a time when most people are off work and families get together ..  there is very little religious connotation to it at all. 

I expect the Christians that make up half this country might disagree with you on that one.