Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Am I missing something or will tier 1 folk be allowed to resume after Dec 2nd with up to 6 people including themselves from 6 different households all day everyday, switching and swapping which households they interact with then come 23rd Dec for 5 days they can only see 2 other households but not set to a max of 6 people and then after the 28th go back to multi mini House parties? Pretty fcukin wild as per usual.

Ring a Ring of roses protocol...innit.

Looking from outwards in...I am also sort of confused..

Though when I have reread  it, it might come clearer

Germany plans to relax rules,over Xmas & new year,Der 23- 1st Jan...> Not yet passed< 

# NO Blanket Ban on fireworks...But no public/organized Fireworks display.for new year..!!

# Christmas-period.. From known Friends & Extended family relations, 10 People Max  can gather in One Household

Including staying overnight....

my thought, even if the Governments allow it, and means I could see all my kids & gkids over the festive  days ,(like pre-Covid )and or a Family gathering

On my wifes's Birthday. 27th Dec.     But is it at a Good idea...Possibilty one or Two Family Member can Infect  the others,and innocently

force them into quarantine, Maybe also endangering their jobs...their mortgages..!!

This is the real,relevant.....'The Nation decides'

ie..One of my daughters, who lives with hubby in Switzerland ( The Dogs Pictures I post are from them)...

They will Stay with us,if they come, but when she Meets her Brother & Sisters ( with kids), any One of my children, could be putting their Sibblings health/ job existence /Mortgage in danger....Is it worth it..!!

The covid virus,looks like bagpipes,but should we allow it to potentially Jump over our house thresholds....

Just because some ASBOS & Sweet Innocents "might" break lockdown-rulings, why should the Governments give in to them..!!!

Is it a compromise Too far.....

What are  the thoughts & flexability of the small & Big Business towards  their employees,

not forgetting what do those individual workers in those Businesses think..!!

Their employees will have stepped out of their Routine bubbles,expanding their own potential problems...

This is a pandemic, we Shouldnt be supporting a "them n us"  attitudes.

Are we so stupid,& irresponsible that we will Just Fall back on blaming our Governments allowing us to be Prime idiots when it goes Tits up..!!!

We are not clever enough to be pragmatic,prudent  and Simply wise for a few months or 1-2 years..!!

Life has given us a couple of challenges, and asking hard questions in these last few years....

So far neither Goverments nor we  the individual- joes & Family have shown we can Work together  to get over this  shit.

The past Applaus for Health workers has just been hypocritical , contradictive crap..!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Well, we did have a pandemic test run, which highlighted a load of stuff (such as lack of PPE), that we could have prepared for, but didn't. 

I think it's perfectly relevant to point it out.

I fully agree with you that we didn't acknowledge the issues of the test run. And we should've had more reserves than we did have. 

I'm disagreeing with how the BBC protrayed that had we brought all the PPE needed a year ago we'd have saved billions. But that in itself brings other issues. 

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Early chat is that there'll be no region at all in the country that starts off in Tier 1...

The cynic in me says the Xmas news was released with them fully well knowing it'd just be Tier 2 or 3 from next week onwards. Almost like a sweetener before the shit news hits :dunno:

I think that Cornwall and somewhere else that’s away from anywhere inhabited could be tier 1 

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I fully agree with you that we didn't acknowledge the issues of the test run. And we should've had more reserves than we did have. 

I'm disagreeing with how the BBC protrayed that had we brought all the PPE needed a year ago we'd have saved billions. But that in itself brings other issues. 

Is that portrayal wrong? PPE would have been cheaper to source back then as there was no pandemic and less demand. If it was done off the back of no kind of test run or trial (in 2016?) then yeah its pretty pointless. But the fact there was a test run, and there seemingly wasn't any care for it in regards to PPE, makes it very relevant now. 

Kind of like the test run is now saying 'I told you so' and there isn't anything wrong with that. It's worth the government being held to account for it... 

• Like 3

Tier 3 likely

• Leicester: 454.8 cases per 100,00
  • Blaby: 424.5 cases per 100,000
  • Charnwood: 305.1 cases per 100,000

• Harborough: 314.5 cases per 100,000

• Hinckley and Bosworth: 292.6 cases per 100,000a

• Melton: 333.9 cases per 100,000

• North West Leicestershire: 346.5 cases per 100,000

• Oadby and Wigston: 459.5 cases per 100,000

According to the Merc (via Soulsby and other "officials"), we will be Tier 3. Not clear whether that will apply to the whole city and/or county but it would be difficult to differentiate specific areas. 

Very high rates in Blaby and O&W if you compare it to Leicester (city). 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is that portrayal wrong? PPE would have been cheaper to source back then as there was no pandemic and less demand. If it was done off the back of no kind of test run or trial (in 2016?) then yeah its pretty pointless. But the fact there was a test run, and there seemingly wasn't any care for it in regards to PPE, makes it very relevant now. 

Kind of like the test run is now saying 'I told you so' and there isn't anything wrong with that. It's worth the government being held to account for it... 

That doesn't even take into account the Billions spent on non-existant PPE manufactured by fake companies set up a few months ago and that all belong to Tory peers etc. Maybe if they had spent the money on actual real-life PPE from real companies that make it then we would have had plenty to go around.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 2

lets be honest, if Covid HADN'T have happened, we'd all be sitting here going "why on earth did the government spend £10bn on PPE equipment that it doesn't need just to stockpile it". 

hindsight makes it easy to pick holes. 

for the record, I think the government has made an absolute dogs dinner of the management of the pandemic, but I imagine you could pick fault with every single government in the world with how it's been done or what they could have done better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Tier 3 likely

• Leicester: 454.8 cases per 100,00
  • Blaby: 424.5 cases per 100,000
  • Charnwood: 305.1 cases per 100,000

• Harborough: 314.5 cases per 100,000

• Hinckley and Bosworth: 292.6 cases per 100,000a

• Melton: 333.9 cases per 100,000

• North West Leicestershire: 346.5 cases per 100,000

• Oadby and Wigston: 459.5 cases per 100,000

According to the Merc (via Soulsby and other "officials"), we will be Tier 3. Not clear whether that will apply to the whole city and/or county but it would be difficult to differentiate specific areas. 

Very high rates in Blaby and O&W if you compare it to Leicester (city). 

They were happy to differentiate specific areas a few months ago when Leicester stayed in lockdown & so did Oadby & Wigston, so they might do the same again. Also surprised Charnwood is that low, especially as Lough Uni is included in those figures.

Decent fake letter attempt. The deliberate misspelling of government and about are high points. Probably needed more thought on suggesting he knew Johnson should be capitalised but not the other proper nouns (including his own name), and the random capitalised If.

The hand sanitiser bit lol

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

I agree fully on the results of the test run being ignored as pointless and stupid. Frankly that isn't arguable, to ignore things flagged in a test run is pathetic.  

It's the way it was framed as "this time last year" rather than having much relation to the test run at all. 

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Decent fake letter attempt. The deliberate misspelling of government and about are high points. Probably needed more thought on suggesting he knew Johnson should be capitalised but not the other proper nouns (including his own name), and the random capitalised If.

monty.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Well, we did have a pandemic test run, which highlighted a load of stuff (such as lack of PPE), that we could have prepared for, but didn't. 

I think it's perfectly relevant to point it out.

A reasonable report would have said the missed saving was the recommended stockpile at last years rates. I am sure there is a huge gap between what a stockpile might have been and the actual usage this year.

11 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

lets be honest, if Covid HADN'T have happened, we'd all be sitting here going "why on earth did the government spend £10bn on PPE equipment that it doesn't need just to stockpile it". 

for the record, I think the government has made an absolute dogs dinner of the management of the pandemic, but I imagine you could pick fault with every single government in the world with how it's been done or what they could have done better.

Exactly.  There must be reports coming at government continuously asking for money to mitigate this and that risk.  You can't do them all, and even if they had bought more PPE the saving would have been small I am sure.  More to the point would be whether some of the healthcare workers who dies early on would be alive had they had access to more or better PPE earlier.

28 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Imagine the roar of outrage if we had hundreds of millions of pounds worth in stockpiled ppe, whilst "austerity" measures were still in place and it slipped by its expiry date without the first global pandemic in a hundred years. 

Ooof.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Imagine the roar of outrage if we had hundreds of millions of pounds worth in stockpiled ppe, whilst "austerity" measures were still in place and it slipped by its expiry date without the first global pandemic in a hundred years. 

Ooof.

I mean, I get annoyed with my wife when she buys too many onions for the same reason. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

The most telling bit that this a load of horse nonesense is that the child is called 'Monti'.

Only a privately educated Etonite could possibly think that there are Montis out in the wild atm.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Quite worrying that an eight year old still believes in Santa

3 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

Grrr..woof..wuf woof..grrrrr wuf....

Thats the Dog telling you,he reckons  Dogs winners are pretty well managed....This is England..!!