Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Quite worrying that an eight year old still believes in Santa

Really? Pretty sure I told my kids around age 9 or 10 he wasn't real. Their friends weren't sure about whether he was real then or not.

I think it's pretty common to still believe in him until you leave primary school.

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, String fellow said:

It's also quite worrying that an 8-year-old should have their name criticised.

No not really dont you understand the rules sounds posh even 8 years òld rip him, sounds ghetto poor child lovely name, makes you wonder whose the kids and whose the grown ups dont it.

8 minutes ago, String fellow said:

It's also quite worrying that an 8-year-old should have their name criticised.

4 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

No not really dont you understand the rules sounds posh even 8 years òld rip him, sounds ghetto poor child lovely name, makes you wonder whose the kids and whose the grown ups dont it.

I think you are both missing the point here.

@foxile5 is suggesting that the name is so unlikely as to evidence that the entire letter is a really lame and obvious fake (unless I'm very much mistaken, which is impossible).

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Exactly.  There must be reports coming at government continuously asking for money to mitigate this and that risk.  You can't do them all, and even if they had bought more PPE the saving would have been small I am sure.  More to the point would be whether some of the healthcare workers who dies early on would be alive had they had access to more or better PPE earlier.

It's a fair point. All governments have to choose what risk to carry.

I swear to god if I see one more person refer to this as a 'global pandemic', I am going to lose my sh*t.

I don't think the inner pedant can resist correction any more.

Edited by Nod.E

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

I swear to god if I see one more person refer to this as a 'global pandemic', I am going to lose my sh*t.

I don't think the inner pedant can resist correction any more.

Better than someone referring to it as a national pandemic.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Buce said:

I think you are both missing the point here.

@foxile5 is suggesting that the name is so unlikely as to evidence that the entire letter is a really lame and obvious fake (unless I'm very much mistaken, which is impossible).

And clearly, a fake by someone who does not know any names at all and doesn't understand how naming conventions work.

Do you genuinely believe that someone trying to deceive would be unable to invent a fake name?  The letter may fake, written (or "helped") by Monti's parents, but the child will be real.