Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So people are thick then?lol

If you need to wait for Boris to tell you it's ok to mix 3 households but will then not mix with a 4th because he said it's bad, then yeah you are thick.

I think it's unfair to label people that have followed the rules and guidelines throughout all this as thick. I would argue people that have ignored everything thick to be honest.

Most of us are somewhere in between, we've followed most things but occasionally bypassed certain aspects of the guidelines. I agree that people can manage their own risk but clearly a lot aren't.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think it's unfair to label people that have followed the rules and guidelines throughout all this as thick. I would argue people that have ignored everything thick to be honest.

Most of us are somewhere in between, we've followed most things but occasionally bypassed certain aspects of the guidelines. I agree that people can manage their own risk but clearly a lot aren't.

Within reason I agree.

People actually saying oh no we can't see both our parents now because you can't mix four households is just ridiculous, especially when the same kids who will be there for Christmas will be mixing with hundreds of people on a weekly basis.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

11299 cases today, 608 deaths.

I saw earlier that 150 deaths had been removed from previous totals, so not sure if they've been banged on to todays total or what.

The fax was 14 seconds late for yesterday's totals.

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

11299 cases today, 608 deaths.

I saw earlier that 150 deaths had been removed from previous totals, so not sure if they've been banged on to todays total or what.

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The fax was 14 seconds late for yesterday's totals.

Was there an issue with the spreadsheet again lol

40 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Yeah I believe you’re encouraged to make a bubble of three households, and that bubble is the only one each household is allowed to be in. Once you see two other households, theoretically you can’t go and see another. I guess otherwise then if three households met, and then each of those households met another, then very soon the whole country would be in the same bubble. 

Well in that case we're going to have to start some sort of bidding war between the two sets of parents.

They say you can't buy love but we'll see about that

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I expect the Christians that make up half this country might disagree with you on that one.

Depends on how you define 'Christian':

Only 33% of the nation identified as Christian in 2018, with circa 900,000 being regular churchgoers.

By either definition you are way off.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/369080/church-of-england-attendance-by-service-uk/#:~:text=Church attendance in England in,with two-thirds in 1983.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

Just seen Italy's numbers.

Only a few weeks ago people were saying they'd done a better job of controlling the virus than the UK, Spain, France and Germany, but now it's pretty clear its been worse.

Their 2nd wave deaths have now reached the same point as their first wave deaths and they accelerated way quicker than the other Western European countries too, that the curve looks pretty identical to the first wave.

There's definitely some kind of gerd immunity happening in New York and New Jersey though, those deaths haven't gone up as much as you'd think. And they're the regions with the highest percentage of deaths you can see on worldometer, with New Jersey having already had over 0.19% of it's population dying of covid, making it already pretty clear it's at least twice as deadly as flu.

It would definitely appear we've handled the second wave better than France and Italy. France case numbers were crazy a couple of weeks ago. 

I'm not sure about Spain - not seen their case numbers.

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

Depends on how you define 'Christian':

Only 33% of the nation identified as Christian in 2018, with circa 900,000 being regular churchgoers.

By either definition you are way off.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/369080/church-of-england-attendance-by-service-uk/#:~:text=Church attendance in England in,with two-thirds in 1983.

The specific proportion wasn't really the point of the post, but thanks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

But it was the point of your post ..   I said “very little” religious connotation and you said “half the country” would disagree. 

The point was that Christians might disagree that Christmas isnt religious. Whether that's 30%, 40%, 50% of the total population of the UK I dont really care, it's going to be more than enough to suggest that your post was overstated.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

The point was that Christians might disagree that Christmas isnt religious. Whether that's 30%, 40%, 50% of the total population of the UK I dont really care, it's going to be more than enough to suggest that your post was overstated.

A quick Google suggests nearly 60% of the UK population identify as Christian, or at least according to the most recent census information available. The stat Buce used was just C of E, not Christianity as a whole.

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

And how much extra do the people of these countries contribute from their earnings to facilitate those figures. 

I'm not an expert on German tax, but I just found a German tax calculator online, punched in the equivalent of my salary in euros and I'd come out with pretty much the same wage, or maybe a little more, I need to read up on it more, but I looks like it won't be less.

11 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

A quick Google suggests nearly 60% of the UK population identify as Christian, or at least according to the most recent census information available. The stat Buce used was just C of E, not Christianity as a whole.

Sorry, but you're mistaken.

The statistic for church attendance referred to C of E (thanks for the correction) but the statistic referring to 'identifying as Christian' made no reference to any specific denomination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Most people are only 'Christians' when it's suits them (like at Christmas :whistle:)

sort of Cherry-picking Christians....

Makes sense..

The burning Bush is Now After all These years, just a pile of ash....

The Sacred Tablets...After all the Medis I've had,it must of  been me that swallowed the lot,

No..!! lot turned to stone,when she turned & looked back at Gomarrha

& We all know Gomarrha never comes....

Oh well..!! Sodom is what I say..

I wonder if some orthadox-chrissies ,want my blaspheming head...

Jesus, you Couldnt make up a Cartoon about it...

Edited by fuchsntf

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

Sorry, but you're mistaken.

The statistic for church attendance referred to C of E (thanks for the correction) but the statistic referring to 'identifying as Christian' made no reference to any specific denomination.

Unfortunately I can't verify the source used for the info on the website you used without registering my details, but I would be interested to know where it comes from. The ONS are using the census from 2011, they don't appear to have anything more up to date. It's a massive decline in a relatively short space of time, too, but I wonder how many people just put a religion on the census form without really thinking about it?

The religion that the largest proportion of the populations in both England and Wales identified with was Christianity (59% and 58% respectively). Almost a third of the population of Wales (32%) and a quarter of the population of England (25%) did not identify with any religion.

Edited by FoxesDeb

15 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Unfortunately I can't verify the source used for the info on the website you used without registering my details, but I would be interested to know where it comes from. The ONS are using the census from 2011, they don't appear to have anything more up to date.

The religion that the largest proportion of the populations in both England and Wales identified with was Christianity (59% and 58% respectively). Almost a third of the population of Wales (32%) and a quarter of the population of England (25%) did not identify with any religion.

Where do these percentages come from...Take Another Cross section of People , or Another etc,etc and the % will change according to the registrars-choice Surely..

In my Travels I used to be Surprised how many Quiet young Christians I come across. Many have lost confidence in the 'church' but Not their  belief..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Am I missing something or will tier 1 folk be allowed to resume after Dec 2nd with up to 6 people including themselves from 6 different households all day everyday, switching and swapping which households they interact with then come 23rd Dec for 5 days they can only see 2 other households but not set to a max of 6 people and then after the 28th go back to multi mini House parties? Pretty fcukin wild as per usual.

Early chat is that there'll be no region at all in the country that starts off in Tier 1...

The cynic in me says the Xmas news was released with them fully well knowing it'd just be Tier 2 or 3 from next week onwards. Almost like a sweetener before the shit news hits :dunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm so tired and unable to process information that I'm asking on a fans' forum for a provincial football team what the new rules actually are.

If me and the kids go to visit the in-laws, along with my brother in law, that's ok because that's three households. Does that mean that I cannot take my family to see MY folks during the Christmas period?

I'm asking this on the assumption that both sets of parents actually want us to visit, which is not a given

Correct.  You cannot see your parents, your in-laws cannot see any of their other children if they have any, your brother-in-law cannot see his in-laws.  Or any grown-up children they may have.  The bubble is your household, your brother-in-laws, and your in-laws.  No-one else.

A person with three grown-up children can only see 2 of them, and that's only if those 2 haven't used their allocation on their own grown-up children or in-laws or other relatives.  The number of people who will be able to have anything like a normal Christmas with this three households rule, will be very small.  If Mr Smith and Mrs Jones live together and want to see both Mr Smith's parents and Mrs Jones' parents, then that is the bubble full - Mr Smith and Mrs Jones can't see their grown-up children.  The elderly Smiths are now in a bubble with their son and with Joneses who they hardly know, and so can't see their other son.  Ditto the elderly Joneses - the elderly Smiths are in their bubble so their other daughter has to stay away.

This rule will not be observed.  My brother has two grown up children who he wants to see, but my mother wants to see them too.  Too many households.  If we leave mother out of it - my brother's daughter shares a house with a friend.  If daughter goes to see her parents and brother at Christmas, that's the three households and daughter's housemate can't see anyone.  If daughter and housemate each see their parents, then the two sets of parents are in a bubble with each other and can't see their other children or their parents.  It is not going to happen.  When people work out the rules, they will simply ignore them.  It's a fatuous set of rules.

• Thanks 1