Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

no proof, just an opinion.

What has formed that opinion though? These vaccines have been trialed on tens of thousands of people and has been shown to be safe. Statistically it is likely that any problems would have been highlighted by these trials, especially given the wide ranging demographic they have been conducted with. 

I'm genuinely curious about why you consider it a con on the public.

:dunno: People are entitled to their own opinions, that's what a forum like this is for, after all.

What they are not entitled to is their own facts, and they are especially not entitled to influence public policy based on those opinions when they run counter to those facts.

Edited by leicsmac

9 minutes ago, bmt said:

I'm pro-vaccine but it's not that stupid to question rolling out something that they can't possibly know long term effects of.

It's not stupid to have doubts - and you're right that they can't be sure of the long-term effects of a Covid vaccine.

But scientific knowledge and testing will greatly reduce the risk of unexpected long-term effects.

And that small element of risk applies to any new vaccine or medication. The flu jab is changed each year. Who's to say that or some other new med might not have unexpected long-term effects?

It's a case of risk assessment. There is a tiny risk that this vaccine (or any other medication) might have disastrous effects. The same applies, for example, to a new car engine or new food product. Life ain't risk free.

But we do know that there is a major risk from Covid.....

It's  not stupid to have doubts, to look into the matter via informed sources - and even to have the vaccination with a few doubts remaining.

It would be stupid and irresponsible to assume there's a major risk - especially relying on uninformed sources (and I'm not suggesting you support this!) - and to reject vaccination due to that slight risk, while accepting the known massive risks of Covid.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I swear to god if I see one more person refer to this as a 'global pandemic', I am going to lose my sh*t.

I don't think the inner pedant can resist correction any more.

I think you're using a false definition because that's perfectly valid use.  I'm assuming you think pandemic means "global epidemic" which isn't quite accurate, it's an epidemic that's crossed borders.  I'm not sure how many countries an illness needs to hit before it gains pandemic status but it doesn't need to be worldwide, so when one is worldwide it's fair to specify that it's global.  

43 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

London being placed into Tier 2 because their economy needs a boost, yet the rest of the country won't be afforded that generosity.

When London is riddled with covid and at its peak the whole country gets locked down, when London is off it's peak and other areas are peaking we suddenly get these tier systems where London gets preferential treatment. It's a complete joke, it's no coincidence that it's the city the people making the decisions work and live in!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

London being placed into Tier 2 because their economy needs a boost, yet the rest of the country won't be afforded that generosity.

No surprise to me London isn't tier 3.

Edited by Fox92