Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

:appl:

20210122_134127.thumb.jpg.69c4c5cc6db1f04dfc37227f9ebf6f5b.jpg

works as a statement for a whole host of things that happened in the past year, not just on the vaccine.

Basically none of us know what's happening or being said in the background on anything related to the running of the country but will continue to comment on the media, twitter, fb & gossip columns as if they are fact

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I like our willingness but 70% is just ok when you think about it. The other nation figures are absolutely shocking though, sad state of humanity that.

A yougov survey just reported suggests a changing attitude - some numbers

UK - 81%

Denmark - 80%

Spain - 71%

Italy - 71%

Sweden - 66%

Germany - 59%

France - 46% (but an increase of 14% from previous)

• Thanks 1

Chris Witty saying that there was a stop point in society on the idea of lockdown and vaccination where there needs to be an endpoint or the local society will decide that endpoit (as some are now). The upshot of the piece was that there will eventually be a societal acceptance of a level of illness/mortality which he believes will be similar to the current Flu acceptance, which is 20k deaths per year.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

And some people on here say you can't put any blame on the public for the amount of deaths we've had.

Again, I can’t work these people out at all?

This pandemic in this country has clearly been perpetuated by many things

And the actions of members of the public is absolutely one of them. 

To suggest otherwise is just being an ostrich

:pearson:

I say again, the country is too full of idiots. What can the state do when madness like this is going on?

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's older than I thought given the comments, so figure will be higher than that now. 

Using percentages is fvcking ridiculous. For all we know each area has done the exact same number of vaccinations, but Scotland has a fvck load of old people.

Us honorary Londoners continue to get the favourable treatment by swiping the north east / yorkshire vaccines. You'd wonder what the approach would have been if the shoe was on the other foot.

Edited by Nalis

24 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

409.855 first vaccinations yesterday plus 2,760 second dose vaccinations.

We're on the right track.

Thank you for filling in as the stat man for today:D

Brilliant numbers, hoping for 400k+ everyday now. Could we get 450k announced tomorrow? :fc:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Thank you for filling in as the stat man for today:D

Brilliant numbers, hoping for 400k+ everyday now. Could we get 450k announced tomorrow? :fc:

400,000 a day is 4m extra by the end of the week. Would be great to be in excess of that but even the above would put us on the right track which is good.

The positives are slowly outweighing the negatives. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just as I thought the vaccine stuff was getting going, they've already shut down one of the hubs in Bedford due to lack of supplies of the vaccine:(. This, after getting delayed supplies of the vaccine in the first place.

In contrast, in Birmingham today they put out calls on social media to ask people 70 and over to make contact as they had loads of slots available to get the vaccine today. Hopefully it's more a case of the logistics not being quite right than there being a national shortage. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Just FYI, UK covid reported deaths (95k)  is currently 0.14% of Total population (67m) although this will obviously increase over time.

Personally, i cant see how Covid deaths would not be reported as such as the opposite appears to be the case (ie any death within 28 days of a positive test regardless of actual cause of death).

Covid Deaths as % of Reported infections is also likely to be over-reported as i suspect there will be people who have never been tested or felt ill but would have tested positive had they done so 

Ah, no - I meant in my post that Covid cases would be underreported, not Covid deaths. Covid deaths I agree will be slightly overreported.

I’m happily corrected with data suggesting the case fatality rate is lower than 0.5% overall, although it won’t be getting near 0.05%. It’s probably still relatively high in this country though due to our proportion of old or vulnerable people.

Thankfully it looks like improved treatment and knowledge is bringing that percentage down sac well. Although of course that doesn’t help reduce hospital admissions.