Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

14 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Every country has its idiots. The proportion of idiots is not the variable that determines the number of deaths. You're telling me as a population, Brits are more than twice as unruly than the Germans, as an example? 1,389 UK vs. 603 DE deaths per 1 million.

We're not hard wired to be cvnts. That's not how it works. We're a population led by our leaders and our behaviours, opinions and actions are directly influenced by the actions and communications from the top.

Shocking as this may be to you, we all like to think we have free will. We don't. We're ruled by emotions and our emotions are influenced by what we're told. It's the same reason that advertising works despite the average person on the street proudly stating it has no effect on them. (Yet they keep stuffed meerkat toys in their front room from an insurance broker.)

I’ve no idea why you’ve replied to my post with this one?

I said I’m really glad policing are clamping down on these daft cvnts. I am, and they are

I’ve also said the blame for the continuance of this pandemic can’t be laid solely at the feet of the state. And it can’t. To say people have no free will at all and can’t make certain choices is sheer excuse making.

A party of 150 people at the moment? I’d throw the fookin key away

As for Germany... I’ve said before that’s probably related mainly to the geography of the country. But it could also be about them following the rules more closely?

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

£800 is bollock all for a party of 15+ though. £53 per guest if you get caught?

Even so, just have a party of 14 and there's still no comeback.

I read it as each party goer gets fined £800 each (I might be wrong)

No idea where they plucked the number 15 out of the air from though. Seems a bit random.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Because that's what their readers are more arsed about than anything else, sadly.

It just beggars belief to me that that would be someone's priority in a pandemic.

Just now, Col city fan said:

I’ve no idea why you’ve replied to my post with this one?

I said I’m really glad policing are clamping down on these daft cvnts. I am, and they are

I’ve also said the blame for the continuance of this pandemic can’t be laid solely at the feet of the state. And it can’t. To say people have no free will and can’t make some choices is sheer excuse making.

A party of 150 people at the moment? I’d throw the fookin key away

You're such a black and white thinker.

Borderline cvnts here in the UK are given license to proceed due to the uncertainty that breeds from constant U-turns, poor Comms and last minute decision making.

Borderline cvnts in Germany know exactly where they stand.

The vast majority (people like you and I) know that going to a big gathering or party is wrong. We're not the ones that need influencing. The way in which those people have been managed is why blame needs to land at state's door. Give 'em an inch they'll sure as hell take it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I read it as each party goer gets fined £800 each (I might be wrong)

No idea where they plucked the number 15 out of the air from though. Seems a bit random.

Ah, that makes way more sense. Even so, all the kinds of selfish pricks who do this will think when they see 15 is "I'll just invite 14 then."

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

You're such a black and white thinker.

Borderline cvnts here in the UK are given license to proceed due to the uncertainty that breeds from constant U-turns, poor Comms and last minute decision making.

Borderline cvnts in Germany know exactly where they stand.

The vast majority (people like you and I) know that going to a big gathering or party is wrong. We're not the ones that need influencing. The way in which those people have been managed is why blame needs to land at state's door. Give 'em an inch they'll sure as hell take it.

I see it very clearly and can’t get into the random stuff you want to espouse. I’m sure I’ve said that before

.....Don’t be a selfish cvnt, think about others, don’t go to big parties, and I’m glad the police will finally (long overdue!) clamp down on these cretins

If that seems black and white that’s cos that’s how I see it

Germany for instance, seems to have things a lot more right than we do at the moment, apart from our vaccine roll out.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I see it very clearly and can’t get into the random stuff you want to espouse. I’m sure I’ve said that before

.....Don’t be a selfish cvnt, think about others, don’t go to big parties, and I’m glad the police will finally (long overdue!) clamp down on these cretins

Germany for instance, seems to have things a lot more right than we do at the moment, apart from our vaccine roll out.

#blackactivitiesmatter

14 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Come on Nodders ...  whatever your politics borderline cvnts are just borderline cvnts ...   and they don’t need any excuse to be that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stretch1965 said:

Took my mother in law for her vaccine today at earl Shilton , there was quite the queue but was really impressed how quick it went down due to numerous staff   Working the Q filling in the forms and getting signatures etc. Was told they had the Oxford vaccine in today and were doing 900.

I don't think there's any danger of Covid infecting my MIL.

It wouldn't bloody dare.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No...They kept me..!!!  :bounce:

1 minute ago, Robo61 said:

I doubt there is one,  as we don't tend to test for flu.  Anyway how is it relevant to this discussion.

Just wondering surely we can't use the excess deaths to compare anything as the excess could be from other causes or treatments that have not happened due to the virus... that number seems really low that's why I asked

13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Just wondering surely we can't use the excess deaths to compare anything as the excess could be from other causes or treatments that have not happened due to the virus... that number seems really low that's why I asked

You are right excess deaths will include an excess of deaths caused by a lack of NHS capacity due to Covid19.  That is why it is the best figure to use as an international camparity, as such deaths are a direct  result of the very existence of the Corona Virus.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Speaking to a colleague at work today, there grandma had Covid in October, survived and was one of the first patients to get covid Pfizer vaccine in December, she had the second dose earlier this month.   Scarily she has now tested positive for Covid again. They believe a different strain....but what does that say about the vaccine.....

There's a very small study of 15 patients claiming that the antibodies from the Pfizer vaccine are supposedly 3.8x less effective against the B117 UK variant vs the regular variant.

Still a lot better than against the SA variant. :(

23 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Speaking to a colleague at work today, there grandma had Covid in October, survived and was one of the first patients to get covid Pfizer vaccine in December, she had the second dose earlier this month.   Scarily she has now tested positive for Covid again. They believe a different strain....but what does that say about the vaccine.....

Is she ill with it though? Thought the whole point was you could still get covid, stills transmit it after the vaccine, but you wouldn't get ill with it. There for the oldest and most vulnerable are vaccinated first in order to keep deaths a hospital number down.

Not 100% sure as colleague is off work.  But some good points made including about being in the 5% where the vaccine doesn't work.  Interesting to see if/when they do change or alter these vaccines for the latest mutations.  

When do we exit the cycle of vaccinations if mutations are this common and it takes so long to vaccinate the population. 

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I know it's not a race (but it kind of is), but these are absolutely pathetic vaccination numbers from France. Pathetic.

20210121_204047.jpg

Is that 110,00 overall?? 

Wasn't it something like 61% of French polled said they wouldn’t take the vaccine either lol Genuine wrong’uns across the channel...

19 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Is that 110,00 overall?? 

Wasn't it something like 61% of French polled said they wouldn’t take the vaccine either lol Genuine wrong’uns across the channel...

I think that's daily, but it's still so bad. I saw that 60% stat in France as well. I joked about it earlier in the thread but at what point would we actually think about closing the borders to countries that aren't vaccinated in big numbers? 

• Haha 1