Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

239,877 vaccinations announced today.

237,962 first doses.

1915 second doses.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Reckon this could be a slightly lower week, letters going out to the over 65s and they are preparing for the next step in the rollout. If you or your family member is over 70 and hasn't received anything yet, get in contact with your GP.

3 hours ago, Harrydc said:

I think the point is that having your basic human rights taken away from you for choosing not to put something foreign into your body is just completely wrong. Especially in an age of pro-choice. I'm not anti-vax, but it should be of no concern to others what I do.

Especially if they're saying it doesn't stop transmission anyway. 

Simply not the case when beating a virus requires herd immunity.

If the virus is spread by breathing in tiny infected water droplets, why can't the vaccine be administered in the same way? It's probably a daft question, although I suspect that there might be an anti-Covid pill developed eventually, which would doubtless solve the logistical problems of injecting everyone. Btw, what I learnt today is that 'Oxford AstraZeneca' anagrams to 'O no, a sex-crazed fart'. 

Guest Harrydc
17 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Simply not the case when beating a virus requires herd immunity.

I disagree. Medical information and history is private information, and nothing to do with anyone else. It's just crazy. 

Guest Harrydc
1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Who are 'they' ffs? 

'They' have literally just said on the pathetic daily briefing thag 'they're' unsure on wether it stops transmission because there is not enough data. 

5 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I disagree. Medical information and history is private information, and nothing to do with anyone else. It's just crazy. 

Sure, it doesn't need to be public. But your decision on whether or not to take the vaccine will have an impact on other people's lives. 

10 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

'They' have literally just said on the pathetic daily briefing thag 'they're' unsure on wether it stops transmission because there is not enough data. 

Do you mean Boris?  My interpretation of what he just said was that there were signs that it was effective, but that not enough time has passed between people being vaccinated to a reduction in hospital admissions such that they can't make a quantitative assessment on the impact currently.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

@Harrydc you spent the vast majority if this pandemic moaning about lockdown, and masks, and now you're bitching about the vaccine. If you think we should open everything up anyway, if you're not fussed about getting it, then why do you care if it works or not, because the only way the government are gonna end the lockdown you're so against is when most people are vaccinated, so get the jab, wait a few weeks and go for pint with your mates ffs.

A poem for Harry ...   along the lines of Baldricks excellent poem in Blackadder   ..   “Boom boom boom ! ...   Boom boom boom !” ....

Moan moan moan !!! ...    moan moan moan moan !,    MOAN MOAN FVCKIN MOAN !!!!! ...     :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

239,877 vaccinations announced today.

237,962 first doses.

1915 second doses.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Reckon this could be a slightly lower week, letters going out to the over 65s and they are preparing for the next step in the rollout. If you or your family member is over 70 and hasn't received anything yet, get in contact with your GP.

They are usually lower on a Sunday.

After smashing the 15m vaccination target (thank you NHS) has another target been set? 

I know they've said they'll target the 65+ and clinically vulnerable group, but that's it. 

What percentage of adult population has now been vaccinated? It was 1/5th the other day... 

35 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

If you rephrase it to "most vaccines reduce transmission and also mean that the transmitted virus causes less severe illness, and we have no evidence yet as to whether this vaccine follows the pattern of most others" you would be nearer the truth.

13 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Read my original reply to you for God's sake. That's precisely what I told you - which is completely different to this -

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

I think you need to dumb it down a bit lot if you expect that, mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

After smashing the 15m vaccination target (thank you NHS) has another target been set? 

I know they've said they'll target the 65+ and clinically vulnerable group, but that's it. 

What percentage of adult population has now been vaccinated? It was 1/5th the other day... 

Depends which area you're in. I'm an immuniser in the North East and we're already onto the 60+ bracket.

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

multi-disciplinary cognate , beneficence  non-maleficence (even a deontological v teleological dichotomy if you like)

Excellent counter-argument when you read your full post but I think these words in your opening paragraph will explode Harrydc's brain. :appl:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm going to be a bit 'mumsy' now, but can we all please try and remember that Harry may be fairly young (at least I think he is), and we already know he's been struggling a bit with all of this? 

I've told him before to step away from this thread, social media and the news, with all the negativity it doesn't help you one bit.

Without trying to sound condescending, the best thing to do is to get a hobby and try to occupy your mind with other things (as hard as that may be), I know it certainly helps me when I'm having a bit of a shit time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've told him before to step away from this thread, social media and the news, with all the negativity it doesn't help you one bit.

Without trying to sound condescending, the best thing to do is to get a hobby and try to occupy your mind with other things (as hard as that may be), I know it certainly helps me when I'm having a bit of a shit time.

Also, if you're young and struggling to understand this stuff, listen to the people who do. Just seems like he's looking for things to complain about or worry about. I know its hard to be positive at times, but it almost seems he's trying hard to be negative.

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Mad that people are saying they don’t want the vaccine as they fear it’s some sort of control as to knowing what everyone is up to and where they are all the time, as they type it out from their smartphone lol 

The Mrs had it, no issues guys.  Totally agree with u

• Like 1