Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not liking the sound of vaccine passports (or similar).

Would be unfair for all us young ones surely? 

Boris said earlier it wouldn't happen domestically, but they haven't ruled it out being used to travel abroad.

I have a feeling it will come in, but we won't be going on holiday to another country until we've all been vaccinated at least once.

44 minutes ago, Bert said:

Mad that people are saying they don’t want the vaccine as they fear it’s some sort of control as to knowing what everyone is up to and where they are all the time, as they type it out from their smartphone lol 

Vaccine deniers are absolute ****ing stains. 

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Boris said earlier it wouldn't happen domestically, but they haven't ruled it out being used to travel abroad.

I have a feeling it will come in, but we won't be going on holiday to another country until we've all been vaccinated at least once.

You’re probably right. Roll on July! 

EE56FD83-8087-41FE-AA50-E8BE4C12C775.png

57 minutes ago, Bert said:

Mad that people are saying they don’t want the vaccine as they fear it’s some sort of control as to knowing what everyone is up to and where they are all the time, as they type it out from their smartphone lol 

The best one I've heard is... "I'm not having the vaccine because I don't know what's in it" yet you know full well the person who said it snorts coke and other substances up their nose on a night out 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The best one I've heard is... "I'm not having the vaccine because I don't know what's in it" yet you know full well the person who said it snorts coke and other substances up their nose on a night out 😂😂😂

It’s just madness it really is. I’m not that arsed about it, I’ll have it mainly so I can protect my lad who if he got it from me would be in serious trouble due to his circumstances. More than anything I just want life to return to normal. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not liking the sound of vaccine passports (or similar).

Would be unfair for all us young ones surely? 

Wenn I was young , travelling & working, sometimes VSO, I generally carried a vaccine passport....

Tigers,Lions,Beats  nor Elephants, Not even Koalas, understood the gist, but it got me to & through places....

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

This is the one that gets me, as well.

There's probably a million more things we/they've all consumed/inhaled at one point in their lives, yet a vaccine that's passed some very stringent tests by experts and scientists suddenly isn't enough for them lol 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This is the one that gets me, as well.

There's probably a million more things we/they've all consumed/inhaled at one point in their lives, yet a vaccine that's passed some very stringent tests by experts and scientists suddenly isn't enough for them lol 

Like a Big Mac, not a clue what's in one of those lol

Actually isn't the formula to Coca Cola a closely guarded secret and how many billions of litres of that are drank every year?

Edited by Facecloth

All the anti vaxers and those who follow them prove is that ignorance is fairly widespread ....but my view is that the lower the uptake, the quicker I’ll get mine and as my antibodies must be almost gone by now I’m all for that .....

There will be people who refuse vaccination and some of these people will sadly die.  That’s sort of evolution and ‘survival of the fittest’ or in this case, the less stupid. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

After smashing the 15m vaccination target (thank you NHS) has another target been set? 

I know they've said they'll target the 65+ and clinically vulnerable group, but that's it. 

What percentage of adult population has now been vaccinated? It was 1/5th the other day... 

22% now

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

@Harrydc you spent the vast majority if this pandemic moaning about lockdown, and masks, and now you're bitching about the vaccine. If you think we should open everything up anyway, if you're not fussed about getting it, then why do you care if it works or not, because the only way the government are gonna end the lockdown you're so against is when most people are vaccinated, so get the jab, wait a few weeks and go for pint with your mates ffs.

THIS THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!

We can argue about this crap down the pub, instead of raging on the internet like a bunch of sad ****s. All it takes is a little jab that a few million people have had before you. :doh:

2 hours ago, Harrydc said:

Mate - I saw this post before you edited it. 

Debs thinks you're young, so if you're still reading, I'll give you some unsolicited advice - because that's what us oldies do.

Stick to the football part of the forum for a little bit (ask the mods to temp ban you from gen chat in case you get tempted). There's no point getting worked up in here, arguing about the things that you're already stressed out by.

5 hours ago, Fktf said:

Mate - I saw this post before you edited it. 

Debs thinks you're young, so if you're still reading, I'll give you some unsolicited advice - because that's what us oldies do.

Stick to the football part of the forum for a little bit (ask the mods to temp ban you from gen chat in case you get tempted). There's no point getting worked up in here, arguing about the things that you're already stressed out by.

I'm curious what he said, I got tagged before he deleted it lol