Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

22 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I remember us discussing on here a couple of months ago that this has shown the stark health problems with obesity and that the government need to do a campaign similar to the stop smoking campaigns.

Today they've announced banning buy 1 get one free deals on unhealthy foods and banning junk food adverts before 9pm.

They need to address the McElephant in the room.

It won't happen, though. Money talks.

I've been on a self-imposed ban since October. Easier than I thought it'd be.

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

I remember us discussing on here a couple of months ago that this has shown the stark health problems with obesity and that the government need to do a campaign similar to the stop smoking campaigns.

Today they've announced banning buy 1 get one free deals on unhealthy foods and banning junk food adverts before 9pm.

You mean cake shops are going to have to set up an area outside the shop where over weight people have to go and eat their cakes. Are we going to see a picture of a mother feeding a child with a luxury eclair on the side of a pack of doughnuts?  And how exactly is banning junk food adverts before 9pm going to get someone to go out and burn off more calories than they've consumed in a day.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Haha 1

On 25/07/2020 at 22:02, yorkie1999 said:

Fair play to Boris, everyone giving him stick for not being quick to respond, well now he has imposed a quick ruling, no one can moan

He shouldnt of given the go ahead in the First place,and the Govt. immediately stated quarrantine will most likely put into action.They must of known

and felt,travelling abroad to Spain or France, could become a Major issue within a couple of weeks.....

Every Single Time Boris or his Govt. had Major decision or responsibility relevant to Corvid on the table,they have blown & buffooned it....

The only Time I will defend him & other European  countries,is at the beginning & Delay period. I just Don t think any Country was politically mentality

prepared or competent,to know what was hitting us...Neither could the various countries man in the street....!!!

Boris & UK govt. Accountability has been ripped wide open.....

This is about the serving Government,Not a question if others could of done better ( which I in the UK doubt)

Wisdom & forethought ,Plus an hard learn curve and tact is dramatically missing...I

If any Country & your own still has high contamination infection numbers,then Governments should have high alerts & prohabitions...

Plus any of their populations/electorate should be wise enough to know what a bad to poor travelling decision is...

Sorry, but fu*fk The businesses,and Business lives that could go to ground....They can be recovered & even helped a little,even if it means by others...

Hard fact of life....!!!

The base populations Health & public Health protection,must Take priority,with Leadership straight forward hard  descisions being made.

I have listened to govt.Politicians excuses ,renewed statements....They Shouldnt of been necessary....!!!

Plus this argument of regional View & control...People are people....They will Take it on themselves to travel around their Holiday destinations,Plus

the Airlines or travel companies can't be trusted to Control their own Flight responsibilities,relevant to transit,or stop-overs....

Majorca could be a Corvid free zone,but they will have their own Mailand Spanish tourist,Plus other countries tourists,Coming from Alert regions,if Not lockdown.!!!

A travel none quarrantine Agenda for some European destinations,should Never have been allowed to be put into the electorate/public mind-set.!!!

Just One tale of a German lfamily's Vacation agenda/perspective

No Airports or flights,have been in our Minds since Corvid,though my older Daughter & Family before Corvid had planned but Not booked,Asian destinations

for their Last Baby-pause opportunities..!! I was thinking of either Flying or driving to Sardinia,or driving to Tuscany....Thats definitely a no-go for This year

I have Two kids with Family holidaying in Croatia, I told them you Take the consequences, neither their Mam or Dad,will want to Meet & mix,until After Two

Weeks After their return they have young kids..we wont babysit when//if Schools or nurseries/Kita are closed.

My Son's Family have booked South of France, for September but wont travel if Corvid expands or remerges in their travel locations..

1300km driving with a couple of Nightly  stop-overs..Same rules on their return.One Not yet 2 child...

My Daughter, who lives in the Mountains of Switzerland,says she is staying put..She & hubby, 2 Dogs go for weekend treks & hikes,so she has no Longing for

external vacations...She Wanted to come to Germany, because of Uni-finishing/Master Completion but depends on Corvid.Numbers..!!

She can sort that out online if necessary...We might go to Switzerland to see them...Middle of August, or September,depending again on Corvid-developements.

So far,no Major corvid problems in the travelling corridor between Daughter in Switzerland & ourselves in Germany....

Mogli & Summit ask "Corvid..??? Can I eat it,or is it One of those stupid "sit commands""

Don t know Bro', Hey,at least we Don t have poms as owners, we aussie sheperds are particular..!!!

IMG-20200224-WA0017.jpg

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Fking British Political humour,is bloody marvellous...

Monty python,Yes Minister have gone, but Live sketches from Boris buffoons have us rolling in the aisles...:crylaugh:

British Humor is Not dead,if just moved from Local pubs & Building sites,into The corridors of Government & Westminister...

I am sure Big Ben is Blushing and its chimes,groans of despair...!

Edited by fuchsntf

I don't understand the logic of this quarantine window.

For example, lets say you go to Spain, possibly pick up the virus on your final day and then return home to the UK.

Surely taking a test after day 7 on return which comes back negative would allow quarantine to end?  Why don't they just suggest testing after 7 days, reducing quarantine by half?

It doesn't make any sense at all.  Maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 1

It’s interesting that they’re talking about second waves when Spains daily cases (855) ain’t that much greater than ours (747). Germany are also supposedly having a second wave yet have roughly 300 less cases a day on average than ourselves. 

I take that back, worldometers is reporting closer to 2000, although the guardian reported differently. It's not growing exponentially though which is a positive. 

Edited by Lionator

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It’s interesting that they’re talking about second waves when Spains daily cases (855) ain’t that much greater than ours (747). Germany are also supposedly having a second wave yet have roughly 300 less cases a day on average than ourselves. 

I read a line of thought  that this could be connected to the brexit negs to show the Europeans a real illustration of the cost of not coming to a deal with us ....... can’t quite see it myself but the idea that you quarantine the canaries is a bit mad.  The Balearics are a stretch but there is quite a lot of sea transport from the mainland to there. The canaries?  it’s so far removed ?????? 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I read a line of thought  that this could be connected to the brexit negs to show the Europeans a real illustration of the cost of not coming to a deal with us ....... can’t quite see it myself but the idea that you quarantine the canaries is a bit mad.  The Balearics are a stretch but there is quite a lot of sea transport from the mainland to there. The canaries?  it’s so far removed ?????? 

You'll find a conspiracy theory for pretty much anything. Spain already knows it relies on British tourists for a slice of its economy, absolutely no need to remind them since there's  no chance we'd just stop brits travelling abroad. 

Right now they're overreacting on everything because all they've had so far is people yelling that they're underreacting. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

You'll find a conspiracy theory for pretty much anything. Spain already knows it relies on British tourists for a slice of its economy, absolutely no need to remind them since there's  no chance we'd just stop brits travelling abroad. 

Right now they're overreacting on everything because all they've had so far is people yelling that they're underreacting. 

I agree with this. They know they messed up previously by underestimating the virus, so any interventions they can take to reduce the likelihood of a second uk spike are going to be implemented ASAP. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Many people from the mainland either holiday or have seconds homes so it’s plausible they will be travelling between the two and can do so with no restriction so it does make sense.

It really is getting tedious now still being in the lockdown area when you're in work still and sharing office space with people going off as and where they like.

I just really hope it's lifted soon and people are sensible. I think those still stuck in it really deserve to be given a break now.

10 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It really is getting tedious now still being in the lockdown area when you're in work still and sharing office space with people going off as and where they like.

I just really hope it's lifted soon and people are sensible. I think those still stuck in it really deserve to be given a break now.

What are you not doing then that you'd do? 

Apart from the inconvenience of some amenities - like hairdressers -  still being closed forcing me to Anstey for a haircut, I haven't done anything wildly different to those outside the lockdown zone. 

You do know you can go anywhere you like, yeah? 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lionator said:

I take that back, worldometers is reporting closer to 2000, although the guardian reported differently. It's not growing exponentially though which is a positive. 

Worldometers is apparently including anyone that tests positive with antibodies as a case too.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What aren't you not doing then that you'd do? 

Apart from the inconvenience of some amenities - like hairdressers -  still being closed forcing me to Anstey for a haircut, I haven't done anything wildly different to those outside the lockdown zone. 

I thought it was still to remain within the lockdown area for all but essential travel? 

19 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Just got on train, woman has sat infront, mask hanging off one ear. 40 hours a week + in full ffp3 since Feb and these shitcunts can't wear a loose surgical for half an hour.

I get you, but Ive been boring enough to observe mask wearers..

Fiddling with mask, wearing it under nose or under chin, pulling it up and down constantly. Wearing it loose.

It's theatre, that's all.

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I thought it was still to remain within the lockdown area for all but essential travel? 

You can go anywhere you want. 

The law gets tricky if you decide to stay away overnight, but easily explained away if you're in a 'bubble'

But if you're not staying away, you can do whatever you want. 

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The law gets tricky if you decide to stay away overnight, but easily explained away if you're in a 'bubble'

That's not what the Gov site says, they're still saying stay at home as much as you can and only essential travel. 

You're allowed to be in a bubble, but not when that other household already has one.

There's still quite a few mixed messages and I think that's what has been frustrating from the start. 

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That's not what the Gov site says, they're still saying stay at home as much as you can and only essential travel. 

You're allowed to be in a bubble, but not when that other household already has one.

There's still quite a few mixed messages and I think that's what has been frustrating from the start. 

At a guess there's a difference between what gov.uk suggest/recommend/hint at....and the actual law

36 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

At a guess there's a difference between what gov.uk suggest/recommend/hint at....and the actual law

55 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What are you not doing then that you'd do? 

49 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

38 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

So you're not really interested in following the guidance that might get us out of the lockdown then, because you're OK doing exactly what you want to do anyway? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

So you're not really interested in following the guidance that might get us out of the lockdown then, because you're OK doing exactly what you want to do anyway? 

Would I willingly and recklessly endanger people vulnerable to the virus? No way..

Do I do as I'm told by my 'masters' all the time? No way. 

Besides, didn't i read that you too chose to disregard  lockdown guidelines and went on holiday? If so, fair play..So did I. 

As arrogant as it sounds, I don't need the government to tell me how to behave. I'll decide my own manners, set my own morals and choose my own risks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Would I willingly and recklessly endanger people vulnerable to the virus? No way..

Do I do as I'm told by my 'masters' all the time? No way. 

Besides, didn't i read that you too chose to disregard  lockdown guidelines and went on holiday? If so, fair play..So did I. 

As arrogant as it sounds, I don't need the government to tell me how to behave. I'll decide my own manners, set my own morals and choose my own risks. 

I'm guessing you park on double yellows and jump red traffic lights.

• Haha 2