Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone returning from Spain after midnight must now quarantine for two weeks !   This is going to knock any recovery in the summer travel industry back .......

@StanSP And this is exactly why I never booked anything:D

Feel bad for the people over there, but there's always gonna be that chance with this still in circulation.

They’ve certainly done the right thing this time round. Could certainly see this coming. Their infection rate is higher than ours, therefore there must be a quarantine.

I see a lot of ‘influencers’ partying it up on Instagram in Spain right now. Hope they self isolate on their return.

• Like 1

Bit peculiar though we are still at a rate of 800 infections a day - then insist on quarantine from Spain at 1000 a day. Portugal is now to 300 cases on an average a day but remains on the red list. 

Obvs other people more well informed but on paper, it makes ya question 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone returning from Spain after midnight must now quarantine for two weeks !   This is going to knock any recovery in the summer travel industry back .......

I see Grant Schapps is out there. I wonder if he'll have to quarantine for 2 weeks, as of course he won't be able to do his job as an MP properly on Zoom from home according to the tao of Rees-mogg.. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bit peculiar though we are still at a rate of 800 infections a day - then insist on quarantine from Spain at 1000 a day. Portugal is now to 300 cases on an average a day but remains on the red list. 

Portugal pop. 10 million, Spain 47 mil, UK 66 mil. 

Yeah RyanAir take a while to process the refunds.

• All March cash refund requests have now been cleared.
  • At the end of June, 50% of April cash refunds have been cleared.
  • By 15th July, the balance of April cash refunds will be processed.
  • By the end of July, all of May and most of June cash refunds will also be processed.

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/refund-voucher

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah RyanAir take a while to process the refunds.

• All March cash refund requests have now been cleared.
  • At the end of June, 50% of April cash refunds have been cleared.
  • By 15th July, the balance of April cash refunds will be processed.
  • By the end of July, all of May and most of June cash refunds will also be processed.

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/refund-voucher

My March cash refund still hasn’t been processed yet. Lying fvckers 

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My March cash refund still hasn’t been processed yet. Lying fvckers 

lol FFS.

If you manage to book and get a holiday I imagine it'll be great, it's just all the hassle of it being cancelled and worrying about it that would annoy me. My brothers Turkey trip in August has just been cancelled by TUI two days ago, they haven't even given an explanation yet.

47 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

This is why you'd be an absolute donut to go on holiday abroad this year.

I don’t know, if I was going to go somewhere coming back and having to quarantine would be ok as I’m working from home. I would book a Villa in the arse end of nowhere with a quiet beach near and then the risk of anything is no worse than going on public transport here really.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’d assume Portugal are still on the list as it was set at the start of a review window which happen, what, every 3 weeks or so?
It’s possible in the next review window, not sure when maybe 28th July or 1st Aug will be added to list of non quarantine countries and Spain will go “officially” on the list of countries that have too.

I say “officially” for Spain as in they will stay on the list until the following review window. Currently as I understand it there’s no date for a review on them as they were put on as an emergency action style case and so it will align Spain into the set review periods ie everyone will know that Spain’s on the list until ‘X’ date in Aug, before being reviewed again.

Edited by BKLFox

It really is bollocks isn't it. I'm annoyed that my travel plans for this year have been ruined, but I can live with one year. The issue for me will be if all this occurs again next year, I can't face another year sitting at home with no holidays to look forward too:frusty:

That really does sound like first world problems reading it backlol

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Spain's cases are up to around 2,500 a day and are accelerating extremely quickly.

I think they've made the decision early (rightfully this time) as the rate it's going, it could easily hit 5,000 a day again within a week or two.

For me personally, I dont see the value in going abroad this year so wont take the risk. For some though it could be their only outlet or something which could give someone and their family a huge mental health boost.

Therefore I think its difficult to judge others as we are all in different scenarios. It's a bit like living in a detached house with a massive garden while complaining about people going to the park back in April/May when they might live in cramped flats.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

For me personally, I dont see the value in going abroad this year so wont take the risk. For some though it could be their only outlet or something which could give someone and their family a huge mental health boost.

Therefore I think its difficult to judge others as we are all in different scenarios. It's a bit like living in a detached house with a massive garden while complaining about people going to the park back in April/May when they might live in cramped flats.

I agree with the last bit but the first bit is less clear. Maybe if you have a house or flat abroad but if you’re going to a hotel then I’m not sure the mental angst of being away and the possibility of quarantine on your return or not being allowed to go at all is worth it ??

25 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I badly need a holiday having worked through all of the lockdown and have a stressful few weeks ahead. I’ve already missed out on my July holiday and booked to go Gran Canaria in October before all this kicked off, if the flight goes I’ll be on it and will be staying in an apartment.It’s the only time I can properly wind down. I’ll happily quarantine upon my return though.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Like 2

I remember us discussing on here a couple of months ago that this has shown the stark health problems with obesity and that the government need to do a campaign similar to the stop smoking campaigns.

Today they've announced banning buy 1 get one free deals on unhealthy foods and banning junk food adverts before 9pm.

Edited by Sampson