Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Despicable thugs lol 

Annoying pr*cks absolutely.

It's not worth getting sacked for. Once again, the people of social media, entirely without an ounce of self-awareness, are revelling in somebody losing their job lol

What do you mean by the self-awareness line? Do you think the people condemning it are habitually guilty of similar behaviour?  Weird phrasing.

In any case I'm pretty sure most workplaces would dismiss an employee who made headline news for assaulting a minister, what's the controversy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

What do you mean by the self-awareness line? Do you think the people condemning it are habitually guilty of similar behaviour?  Weird phrasing.

In any case I'm pretty sure most workplaces would dismiss an employee who made headline news for assaulting a minister, what's the controversy?

Condemning someone being a nob head is fine. The social media desire to see people's lives get turned upside down because they don't like what someone has done is where they lack self awareness for me. 

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. Unfortunately now they'd get people spamming their social media pages so probably feel the need to nip it in the bud.

Vigilante justice babyyyyy

I'll leave it there anyway as I hate to see threads like this go off topic and I'm quite confident we would just go around in circles disagreeing haha.

Whitty himself described the "attack" as school boy behaviour. Think that's probably about right, it would be the sort of thing I'd have expected to see at school. 

Tbh I think the punishment pretty much fits the crime, act like a school boy, be jobless like a school boy. I certainly wouldn't want to be working around bells like that. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Whitty himself described the "attack" as school boy behaviour. Think that's probably about right, it would be the sort of thing I'd have expected to see at school. 

Tbh I think the punishment pretty much fits the crime, act like a school boy, be jobless like a school boy. I certainly wouldn't want to be working around bells like that. 

I think I saw he worked as an estate agent, they exclusively have prople like that working for them lol

• Haha 1

The vaccinations seem to be slowing down a bit recently. Even though all these walk-in centres have opened up and there has been a big push. Considering the EU countries started late and had plenty of issues, they seem to be in a good rhythm now.

Germany have nearly given as many doses as the UK but one a per person basis, there is still a bit of a gap (due to the population difference). France/Italy/Spain all going strong too.

Hopefully that means foreign travel will be safer in the not too distant future (possibly too late for any summer holiday breaks though for people). However, might be possible to go away in the Autumn/Winter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'm going to thrown in a quick thing before the topic should be changed also:

Vigilante justice may leave a bad taste in the mouth, but in this case it delivered more justice in hours than a court would do in months. They deserved everything they got here for an assault on a decent man and no politician IMO.

Freedom to act, freedom to take the consequences.

Well said. He got what he deserved. 

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The vaccinations seem to be slowing down a bit recently. Even though all these walk-in centres have opened up and there has been a big push. Considering the EU countries started late and had plenty of issues, they seem to be in a good rhythm now.

Germany have nearly given as many doses as the UK but one a per person basis, there is still a bit of a gap (due to the population difference). France/Italy/Spain all going strong too.

Hopefully that means foreign travel will be safer in the not too distant future (possibly too late for any summer holiday breaks though for people). However, might be possible to go away in the Autumn/Winter.

Most are waiting for their second does, like me, and they’ve probably hit a place where the percentage left are either hard to get hold of or don’t want the vaccine. I was expecting it to slow way before today, so we’ll done NHS

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Marvellous! If only Australia could get their shit together.

Fauci changed his tune on the WH Covid response team call today saying ‘delta strictly poses a threat to the unvaccinated’ and was quoting 96% efficacy of vaccines against it.

Open it all up!

35 minutes ago, KFS said:

Fauci changed his tune on the WH Covid response team call today saying ‘delta strictly poses a threat to the unvaccinated’ and was quoting 96% efficacy of vaccines against it.

Open it all up!

Before that, what's the vaccine uptake rate like over there now? Can't imagine the hardcore of anti vaxxer folks have shifted much.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Marvellous! If only Australia could get their shit together.

the most incompetent and corrupt government we have ever seen, legitimately could not organise a vaccine in a hospital.

Edit, but the economy looks GREAT! :mad:

Edited by ozleicester