Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

2 and a half weeks until our first PL game, you'd like to think we'll have a signing or two wrapped up in the next few days:unsure:

even then .. no time to bed any new players in really.. Maddison still wont be match fit and Evans suspended. I have a feeling we will be starting the new season weaker than when we finished. .. and its depressing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

even then .. no time to bed any new players in really.. Maddison still wont be match fit and Evans suspended. I have a feeling we will be starting the new season weaker than when we finished. .. and its depressing. 

Yeah with two friendlies this week I'd have liked a player in for the Saturday one against Sheff Weds. I'll be seriously worried if we haven't got anyone in by next weekend.

Marc Overmars admits that there is serious interest in one Ajax player. The director of football affairs of the team from Amsterdam does not mention any names, but it seems to be Nicolás Tagliafico, Donny van de Beek or André Onana.

When asked whether an Ajax player is still in the spotlight, Overmars replies in the affirmative. "Yes, there is fairly serious interest for one player", it sounds in front of the Ziggo Sport camera . "For you it is of course nice to know who it is, but it will automatically become clear who it is about in the coming weeks."

The director of football affairs confirms once again that Ajax will not get in the way when it comes to a transfer. "We don't need anything, but we have agreements with a number of boys. Onana, Tagliafico or Van de Beek? Yes, then you are in the direction. Those boys deserve it too. Barcelona is not interested in Van de Beek in any case. ended up on my plate. "

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Chelsea seem to be doing what they usually do by buying up every available player hoping the premier league will increase squad sizes to 245 players and 55 subs per game ?:ph34r::frantics:

They have an army?

Ummm...  Sounds like we need a Hulk :P 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’m not confident on this one at all. Think it’s gonna be a different left back we bring in to be honest. As much as people don’t want to hear it, I still think Jamal Lewis is most likely. 

Thomas wouldnt have signed an extension if we were bringing in lewis. It's either tagliafico or we start thomas, cant see us getting lewis it doesnt make sense.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Thomas wouldnt have signed an extension if we were bringing in lewis. It's either tagliafico or we start thomas, cant see us getting lewis it doesnt make sense.

To be fair Thomas and all his family are lifelong Leicester fans. I'd be shocked if he'd want out straight the way due to competition for a place. Whoever comes in, he's 2nd or 3rd choice but I think the club see him as being first choice in the next couple of years so it is a bit of a dilemma. Tagliafico is superb, almost elite level and will be for at least the next 3 seasons. Its probably easier for Thomas to unsurp Jamal Lewis than it will be Tagliafico. That said, I badly want the Argentinian god in.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair Thomas and all his family are lifelong Leicester fans. I'd be shocked if he'd want out straight the way due to competition for a place. Whoever comes in, he's 2nd or 3rd choice but I think the club see him as being first choice in the next couple of years so it is a bit of a dilemma. Tagliafico is superb, almost elite level and will be for at least the next 3 seasons. Its probably easier for Thomas to unsurp Jamal Lewis than it will be Tagliafico. That said, I badly want the Argentinian god in.

Thomas is only 19, he can wait for 3 years and still be 22 when tagliafico potentially starts to decline, whereas if we make a 20 mil signing of lewis he could potentially never win a starting place as it's a lot harder for an academy graduate to usurp a player the club has invested money in than the other way around.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Thomas is only 19, he can wait for 3 years and still be 22 when tagliafico potentially starts to decline, whereas if we make a 20 mil signing of lewis he could potentially never win a starting place as it's a lot harder for an academy graduate to usurp a player the club has invested money in than the other way around.

But Lewis very unlikely to ever be as good as Tagliafico, its more Lewis is going to be a half decent PL player and we hope Thomas will go on to be a top player. I want Tagliafico but I think Thomas will find it easier to win a place in the team in the next couple of years if we go for Lewis or Bryan as they aren't actually that good.