Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

9 hours ago, hejammy said:

It's so bloody annoying.... I keep seeing as this topic as "hot" and I'm like finally something but yeah... It's another 3 pages of "Maynardism" 

We haven't even got to the "HE WON'T JOIN US UNTIL WE HAVE GOT THIS THREAD TO 100 PAGES. QUICK EVERYONE LETS SPAM ABSOLUTE SHITE!" freaks yet.

who knows what goes on behind the scenes but it was clear Chilwell was going Chelsea for months.. Cant believe something has not been sorted.. Like i say no one knows what's going on behind the scenes.. if anything though its for our sanity as it just feels like we are going to balls it up like when we lost Mahrez, Like when we lost Kante .. we didn't immediately buy the right players :(  the transfer forum can sometimes be bad for our mental health lol 

Edited by les-tah

No idea how accurate but a quick search online suggested his salary is £10k per week. Can understand why a move to the EPL would be popular with a potential 6/7 times higher salary if he joined us.

I feel like this is his chance to get a big money contract and understandably wants to make the most of it, ideally with Champions league football. We’re never going to be the most attractive destination in the world but I’m not sure many of the ‘traditional’ big 6 will be wanting/ in the market for a new LB. Chelsea and Liverpool certainly won’t, and Arsenal have Tierney now and Man City already have 3 Mendy, Angelino and Zinchenko. Man U and Tottenham possibly although they both have 2 LB’s already. Also not sure the biggest clubs in the world will actually go for him in ref. To Barca link due to him not quite being at that level for me and already nearly 28. 

So with the above I’m hoping that we will likely be the front runners for Tagliafico, think he’s just waiting to see if he gets a better offer before he commits. So hopefully accepts our offer and a significant pay increase to join us soon. 🦊

Yes, he said he wanted a EPL move (Presumably as you suggest for £££), but imagine he was hoping for a club in the UCL or a big name.

Patience required I imagine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

I'm sure we won't be spending £40 million on this guy but I don't think that is the price tag. Maybe Taglifico wants Champions League football you certainly get the feeling that he is not overly keen on coming to Leicester hope I am wrong.

You can see this dragging on and the other names we have been linked with are certainly not at the same level. Surprised how slow off the blocks we are this season- I hope Sky Sports are wrong when they say we have just drawn up a shortlist to replace Chilwell - surely this has been in place for a while.

Sky sports know nothing, they react to other news, and sky sources might as well mean dave down the pub has just heard something. I'm sure our people have half a brain cell to realise Chilwell was always likely to leave and that he would need replacing. Don't believe everything you read. As for Tagliafico he is one of the best left backs in Europe and the world, so it would never be straightforward signing him, Ajax will want as much as possible, other clubs will be in for him, and we are not a big club and not in the Champions League. If clubs much bigger than us are not spending mega bucks then we aren't going to either. 

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Sky sports know nothing, they react to other news, and sky sources might as well mean dave down the pub has just heard something. I'm sure our people have half a brain cell to realise Chilwell was always likely to leave and that he would need replacing. Don't believe everything you read. As for Tagliafico he is one of the best left backs in Europe and the world, so it would never be straightforward signing him, Ajax will want as much as possible, other clubs will be in for him, and we are not a big club and not in the Champions League. If clubs much bigger than us are not spending mega bucks then we aren't going to either. 

Ajax apparently have a gentleman's agreement that theyll let tagliafico go for 25 mil.

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Ajax apparently have a gentleman's agreement that theyll let tagliafico go for 25 mil.

I’d bet that’s only If the right club (ie a Barca or Chelsea) come in, which Tagliafico wants to go to. Anyone else (inc us) which need to convict him, will have to pay whatever  

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d bet that’s only If the right club (ie a Barca or Chelsea) come in, which Tagliafico wants to go to. Anyone else (inc us) which need to convict him, will have to pay whatever  

Bit harsh, we could just ask him nicely  :unsure:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think it's just whoever he wants to leave to, so if he wants us then theyll sell for 25

39 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

No idea how accurate but a quick search online suggested his salary is £10k per week. Can understand why a move to the EPL would be popular with a potential 6/7 times higher salary if he joined us.

I feel like this is his chance to get a big money contract and understandably wants to make the most of it, ideally with Champions league football. We’re never going to be the most attractive destination in the world but I’m not sure many of the ‘traditional’ big 6 will be wanting/ in the market for a new LB. Chelsea and Liverpool certainly won’t, and Arsenal have Tierney now and Man City already have 3 Mendy, Angelino and Zinchenko. Man U and Tottenham possibly although they both have 2 LB’s already. Also not sure the biggest clubs in the world will actually go for him in ref. To Barca link due to him not quite being at that level for me and already nearly 28. 

So with the above I’m hoping that we will likely be the front runners for Tagliafico, think he’s just waiting to see if he gets a better offer before he commits. So hopefully accepts our offer and a significant pay increase to join us soon. 🦊

On about £40k a week.

7E582F0F-AD14-4E27-904A-89085D838D67.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Cheers mate, thought it seemed a little low. Even so will likely still receive a decent pay increase by joining us. 

Would imagine he will get around a £20k pay increase coming to us, maybe more depending on the competition we have for his signature.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd assume he'd double it at least honestly

I would say at max double personally. I think now Madders has signed a new contract there is only 3 players who earn £100k+ a week. Them being Vards, Kasper & Madders.

Usually the rest of our wages bill consists of around £40k for squad players, £60k for first team players & £80-£100k for key players.

9 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would say at max double personally. I think now Madders has signed a new contract there is only 3 players who earn £100k+ a week. Them being Vards, Kasper & Madders.

Usually the rest of our wages bill consists of around £40k for squad players, £60k for first team players & £80-£100k for key players.

Probably tagliafico's last big contract, could see him getting around 100k from us.

I'm not quite sure why there some who are demanding to know why this isn't finished, or why we've not sorted out a LB yet. If I was the selling club I'd have waited as long as I could to see what the fee was for Chilwell (or approx), and only then start serious negotiations. As we've only just concluded that publicly yesterday, we've got to be patient. I'm sure we've got a couple of irons in the fire, but each one will be in the driving seat. If we'v already put a bid in I'm doubtful it's final if they are first or second choice, as we are not going to go into the season without an LB. We've got cover in Thomas, and the window is open until October 5.

I'm as eager as anyone for us to come to a conclusion and sort out the gap, but we've got a couple of other positions we're punting for, and overspending and leaving us short elsewhere and then having to move down our preference list isn't smart economics or transfer policy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d bet that’s only If the right club (ie a Barca or Chelsea) come in, which Tagliafico wants to go to. Anyone else (inc us) which need to convict him

Our first signing video featuring bailiffs and the new guy in handcuffs :dry:

Prefer it if we could get him to come here without restraints.

• Haha 4