Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Dorsett put a very similar tweet out about Ake and Tarkowski, which is a little bit worrying.

I hope that's City not publicly saying 'look, we tried to get the top tier player but it wasn't worth it financially' so they can settle for a cheaper and likely worse option.

It happens every year so I think you are onto something 

19 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We’ve got form for that ( allegedly ) as I mentioned in another thread ! 

Frank Mclintock went to Exeter to buy Bobby Saxby and came back with Lammie Robertson - it's a miracle he made 7 appearances

Not his fault, as he was completely out of his depth and had the pace of a snail with angina

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red Squirrel said:

Frank Mclintock went to Exeter to buy Bobby Saxby and came back with Lammie Robertson - it's a miracle he made 7 appearances

Not his fault, as he was completely out of his depth and had the pace of a snail with angina

I mentioned Capaldi / Gilbert previously. No idea if that was just a bit of a joke ! 

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Which is exactly why we shouldn't have sanctioned Chilly's move til we had this wrapped up. 

FFS, these boneheads wouldn't last 5 mins in the real business world. How the hell doesn't Susan Whelan get involved? It beggars belief she wouldn't know this

Do you really think we haven’t sounded them out and established that they are affordable before now ? More so, do you really think we would release such info (which has obviously come from a source within the club) and state £40 million or whatever, is within our price range ?

• Like 1

Just now, Wolfox said:

Someone in admin needs to change the ‘hot’ algorithm 

I swear that the amount of posts/time needed to make threads "hot" has gone down? Never remember this many threads going hot at once last year....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

Seem to remember a striker called Alan Beer was on our wanted list from Exeter too but maybe failed a medical. We ended up with Alan Waddle, older brother of Chris but unfortunately not it the same class. :(

Just now, dbtcity said:

Didn’t Dorsett say Papy Mendy was off to Saudi or somewhere?... looks like he’s deleted said tweet lol 

He possibly had that offer on the table but elected to renew with us. 

And who knows who else in his position might have gone somewhere a little ‘unwisely’ ? 

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

Luke Thomas has potential.  Could Iheanacho do a job at lb.  If not, I bet Kolo Toure could stir do ninety minutes three times in a week.  

Joking aside if Luke Thomas has to start the first game, he has to start the first game. You’d like to think we’d have strengthened but there we are. Kolo obvs on bench. 

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Dorsett gets played like a puppet by the club with the stuff they want you to hear.

That's not necessarily good for us though, if the club want us to know they looked at top targets but have been priced out then that's pretty disappointing.

With Tagliafico in particular, though, I wonder if the club instead want to make it look like they're prepared to walk away given Ajax don't have much interest aside from us. Might strengthen our negotiating position

13 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Didn’t Dorsett say Papy Mendy was off to Saudi or somewhere?... looks like he’s deleted said tweet lol 

wrong whopper

To be fair, Mendy was literally on the verge of going. Then Praet interest came in and Rodgers preffered Mendy to stay... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

That's not necessarily good for us though, if the club want us to know they looked at top targets but have been priced out then that's pretty disappointing.

With Tagliafico in particular, though, I wonder if the club instead want to make it look like they're prepared to walk away given Ajax don't have much interest aside from us. Might strengthen our negotiating position

Surely it's all about making out we haven't got that much money to spend or we're prepared to look at other targets?

I'd like to think so anyway.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Surely it's all about making out we haven't got that much money to spend or we're prepared to look at other targets?

I'd like to think so anyway.

Hopefully, but we saw Dorsett say the same about Ake and Tarkowski and we then we ended up looking for loans on deadline day because we genuinely had been priced out of those deals.

When Dorsett says they're way apart in terms of valuations it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that's a gap that can be negotiated down.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Hopefully, but we saw Dorsett say the same about Ake and Tarkowski and we then we ended up looking for loans on deadline day because we genuinely had been priced out of those deals.

When Dorsett says they're way apart in terms of valuations it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that's a gap that can be negotiated down.

He reported there was interest and as you say no deal could be reached. No harm, no foul. Very often happens especially when shopping domestically from PL rivals.