Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

55 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So if we were to put a percentage on the likelyhood of him joining us what would it be? Let's not have a load of 100% and 0% please lol

Its either 100% or 0% dependent on whether he's joining or not

• Haha 1

Anyone thinking Thomas should be our first choice LB next season needs to give their head a wobble.

He’s played 3 games. Let him learn a little more, send him out on loan. Don’t throw him in at the deep end and then call him shit because he wasn’t ready. 

Mark de Vries did a 360 turn on his debut and everyone lost their minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Anyone thinking Thomas should be our first choice LB next season needs to give their head a wobble.

He’s played 3 games. Let him learn a little more, send him out on loan. Don’t throw him in at the deep end and then call him shit because he wasn’t ready. 

And majority of our fans haven’t found them since! 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

This 100%. Give the lad time to develop and learn. He’s a good prospect but to make him first choice with hardly any backup would not be fair to him. 

4 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

This 100%. Give the lad time to develop and learn. He’s a good prospect but to make him first choice with hardly any backup would not be fair to him. 

Can see us going for Castagne and playing him on the left until Thomas is ready then longer term he becomes Ricardo's replacement at RB. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I will stand by the following statement - Mark De Vries debut could be the best debut we’ve seen. He was brilliant! Shite in almost all games after mind 

6 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Can see us going for Castagne and playing him on the left until Thomas is ready then longer term he becomes Ricardo's replacement at RB. 

Potentially, and would fit with what we’ve done previously. I’ve liked the look of JJ at left back when he’s played there to be fair, if he can keep progressing he has potential to take the left back position in future as well. 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Assumed talks about Tagliafico would heat up now that Chilwell has gone.

I don't like how quiet this has gone. Nothing from a journo in a few days now.

Cause he's expensive option, so more likely club looking for cheaper options

Just now, StanSP said:

They may still be? 

Absolutely. I'd still like Percy to tweet that it's the case. Getting nervous now that we're so far behind where we should be. Season starts in a week and a half. We're missing half our team and have only played one friendly (with virtually no regulars).

Can't help but feel we're going to be starting the season as we finished the last.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Cause he's expensive option, so more likely club looking for cheaper options

He's half the price that we just sold Chilwell for.  Surely we should be looking for the best option.  We have the budget.

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

He's half the price that we just sold Chilwell for.  Surely we should be looking for the best option.  We have the budget.

Nah that was paper talk. Pretty sure I saw it quoted they want more like £40m 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely. I'd still like Percy to tweet that it's the case. Getting nervous now that we're so far behind where we should be. Season starts in a week and a half. We're missing half our team and have only played one friendly (with virtually no regulars).

Can't help but feel we're going to be starting the season as we finished the last.

This is my growing concern too. I was feeling relaxed before now but the realisation that we've allowed Chilwell to go with no obvious replacement close to signing at a time when we're still decimated with defensive injuries and suspensions just makes me fear the worse. If we get bad results v West Brom and Burnley, that Man City away game will certainly be one to dread. Feels like all of the positivity and optimism has been sucked out of the club since the turn of the year.

• Like 2

The problem is that if we start the season without all the players we need and an unsettled squad and we lose a few games then the season could be over before the transfer window has ended.  

One thing this squad cant do is be resilient and I think that's down to the existing personnel. 

• Like 1