Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Season starts Sat 12th September which is over two weeks away.

Its ridiculous considering no additional sqaud signings (- one). No decent rumours and even if there were one there's certainly no time for medicals/bed the player(s) into the team before the season starts. To be honest its felt like this for the last few windows.

10 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Its ridiculous considering no additional sqaud signings (- one). No decent rumours and even if there were one there's certainly no time for medicals/bed the player(s) into the team before the season starts. To be honest its felt like this for the last few windows.

With a few exceptions most other clubs seem to be in the same position as us.

Best to ignore the rumours, it's been explained enough times that we do our business on the quiet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Remember when NFP said we'd pulled out of the Ulloa deal only for him to be pictured with the shirt a few days later :cool:

Thought that was Wood. Nigel categorically denied we were interested in him just before Christmas, then by January 1st he's on the teamsheet lol We'd even gone so far as to sign him on loan so he could play in that game as he wouldn't have been registered in time otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We don't know the question he was asked. It may have been a direct response to Italian clubs.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep. Looks like a massive 'come get me' from the agent. Doesnt sound like he wants to come here.

Have to say I agree more with Abrasive here 

https://www.spazionapoli.it/2020/08/27/tagliafico-napoli-contatti/

Contacts with Napoli? Nothing true. There was no contact either with the club or with ourselves.

If Nicolas would like to play in Italy? It's hard to talk to him about teams that haven't shown interest yet. We talked about a couple of English teams and a couple of other countries. For now, no calls from Italy, neither from Naples nor from Inter as they say in the newspapers.

Nicolas would like to leave Ajax, he already has an agreement with the team. However, the market this year is unpredictable and slow due to what happened for the Coronavirus. There is still another month and let's see what the market will offer us ”.

NEWS ABOUT TAGLIAFICO NAPOLI

The  Naples  looking for a new left-back. Faouzi  Ghoulam  is destined aside and his career in Neapolitan land ends due to injuries that have not allowed him to express himself at his best in recent years.

The favorite, and the dream of the Azzurri, is always Sergio  Reguilon . Real Madrid, however, asked Napoli for the right to buy back, writes the  Corriere dello Sport . The alternatives remain  Tagliafico and Karbownik.

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep. Looks like a massive 'come get me' from the agent. Doesnt sound like he wants to come here.

I think it's equally as plausible that they want to draw up interest to force us to up our offer and/or contract, and could quite happily join us, but want the best deal they can get.

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

TBF we're no one's first choice.

i want us to be signing players who might see us as an upgrade on their previous clubs but disappointed that it wasn't Barca, Madrid, Munich, etc as that who they had been linked with. . 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

TBF we're no one's first choice.

i want us to be signing players who might see us as an upgrade on their previous clubs but disappointed that it wasn't Barca, Madrid, Munich, etc as that who they had been linked with. . 

Champions League would have been a massive marketing tool for us, as well as a source of significant additional income. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Work well on the recruitment front last time...........

Marketing and recruitment are disparate. If poor with the latter, the former can only go so far.

Nonetheless, we got Ndidi (and Mendy) the last time we had CL football, so it wasn’t entirely a shyte show.

Edited by NaijaFox

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Marketing and recruitment are disparate. If poor with the latter, the former can only go so far.

Nonetheless, we got Ndidi (and Mendy) the last time we had CL football, so it wasn’t entirely a shyte show.

Then why mention in a thread about transfers....:)

Edited by coolhandfox

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Then why mention in a thread about transfers....:)

Because it helps with transfers...
If the attraction, visibility and MONEY of CL football cannot help your recruitment, it’s absence will be even worse. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1