Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

5 hours ago, honeybradger said:

4 years older and chilwell has a higher ceiling. Thankfully ajax said earlier in the season they would let him go for 25 so this is a good deal, 40 mil and we should be looking elsewhere.

IMO Age isn’t relevant when we can’t keep our star players more than 3 years (not many clubs can) 

For example Ricardo, he’s not going to be here long term, his age isn’t important. The ceiling thing I agree with though but this fella will be worth a fortune too if he does well here :) 

44 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

IMO Age isn’t relevant when we can’t keep our star players more than 3 years (not many clubs can) 

For example Ricardo, he’s not going to be here long term, his age isn’t important. The ceiling thing I agree with though but this fella will be worth a fortune too if he does well here :) 

He will be 28 going into next season, if we buy him he will be spending the last of his best years here, we're not going to be able to sell him for good money. He plays like a more experienced version of thomas though (good passer, composed on the ball, ok at progressing the ball up the field but not as good as chilwell) so hopefully after 2 - 3 years of learning from tagliafico thomas can take over seamlessly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Chilwell to Chelsea and Tagliafico to come here would be good for both teams I think.

We get a left back that is already good for 2/3 years worth of his prime while we can let Thomas go on loan next season and slowly integrate him into the side. Not to mention the 40m change that you'd like to think would go on a good winger.

Chelsea get a top class left back that will only get better over the next 4/5 years.

If that were to happen then neither side would be able to complain.

It's the CIRCLE OF LIFEEEEEEEEEE......

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Surely he’s bit too old for us to spend big money on ???

Mid twenties doesn't sound crazy to me in order to get over the hump/transition to our other prospects.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

About 3 or 4 years? 

Why worry about the release value? 

If that's the case, we won't ever be signing anyone over the age of 25/26 and just rely on youngsters to get us through. Then we'll moan there's not enough experience in the squad :dunno:

That's the truth. You can't have it both ways and be successful. Maybe that can change as we develop more players but I doubt it .

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Is this the NBA?:D

No but ever since I found myself standing next to silva I’ve had a thing about small players from the continent ..... anyone know how well he covers in the air at the back post .....that’s one of chilwell’s strengths ....

and can no one mention NG ........

Edited by st albans fox