Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Brighton Pre-Match Thread

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...If that was the case, why wasn't the change made when he noticed what was going on!!

I am really getting fed up of Rodgers waiting till half time to adjust the team when that same adjustment could be made earlier, stopping the frustration on the pitch.

Taking so long to make the change is 15 minutes in the first half and 5 to 10 in the second half, being time we could be using to impose ourselves on the opposition in a more positive fashion.

He really needs to be more positive!!

he may have felt it was risky to change without being able to emphasise other issues around team shape.  It could have been Watford’s tactics that had meant our original plan wasn’t working .....

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wouldn’t want to concede first against Brighton, they are more than capable of keeping possession and playing around us ....

Really?

Then we don't deserve CL football.

I feel we could give them a 2 goal lead before kickoff and still beat them.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...If that was the case, why wasn't the change made when he noticed what was going on!!

I am really getting fed up of Rodgers waiting till half time to adjust the team when that same adjustment could be made earlier, stopping the frustration on the pitch.

Taking so long to make the change is 15 minutes in the first half and 5 to 10 in the second half, being time we could be using to impose ourselves on the opposition in a more positive fashion.

He really needs to be more positive!!

Bit harsh? We were within 60 seconds of pulling off a good away win against difficult opposition.  

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

there’s confidence and there’s arrogance ...... thankfully the players don’t have your arrogance .....

But maybe they have your lack of confidence.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he may have felt it was risky to change without being able to emphasise other issues around team shape.  It could have been Watford’s tactics that had meant our original plan wasn’t working .....

..We looked the same as the first leg of the Villa game!!!

Fullback pushed up to the halfway line and moving the ball around at the back looking for an opening.

We are not an effective team playing that way, we will see more of the ball and possession stats will go up but we do not pose a threat.

Rodgers always waits to make a change at half time, I just do not know why he is not more proactive.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm pretty confident, I heard a stat that in the last 8 seasons, the top 4 has only changed twice from how was with this amount of games to go and final table. 

We are all getting a bit twitchy as we prepare to ride this intense roller coaster to the promised land of CL qualification. Your reassurance is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I want to see Brendan be more adventurous, daring and aggressive in the first half of games. Go out to take the lead and kill teams off. Get players in the box. The worst that can happen is that we concede an early goal which in all honesty normally makes us a much better attacking team and often results in goals for us.

Come on Brendan, show some balls.

Tend to agree. Although i do feel if we score first and early on then that’s when the game suits us best because we either control the possession and/or teams open up which gives us more space to play. 

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm pretty confident, I heard a stat that in the last 8 seasons, the top 4 has only changed twice from how was with this amount of games to go and final table. 

I heard that stay too. Problem is, the top 4 is almost always the same teams and there's not the jeopardy for them as there is for us. 

On a wider note, I think next season is shaping up to be a belter for the top half.

Wolves, Everton,  Spurs, Saints are on one level, then us on a.slight level above.... an improved Chelsea and Man Utd who are each chasing an improved Man City with Liverpool at the top.

12 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We have Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Sheff Utd and Man Utd. We would be hard pushed to get much return on those games unless our performance levels return to the early season levels where we actually try to score a goal. Before lockdown with the exception of the Villa game we had been pretty dire since Christmas  and yesterday way looked to play the same pass it around between the centre backs and get 70% possession. Possession doesnt win games.

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Already beaten four of them....just sayin’

...we have had a poor run in last season and the season previously!!!

I have little confidence, that we are going to turn around, our poor form since December. People think we are just rusty, I think we are kidding ourselves!!

• Like 1

We need to change the tactic I think. I think in the current climate you have to go for the jugular early doors. If you can get a few goals ahead I think it will be harder than normal for the opposition to claw their way back into the game. We need to be a bit more daring, and given the fact we have erratic wide play, I’d be more inclined to probably switch to a back three? And look to push Chilly and Justin on. 

I personally think a 3-5-2 formation would really benefit us, but it’s set up for counter attack, and Brendan likes us to try and play, which I think that formation doesn’t offer as much flexibility for ball retention, unless you have 10 excellent technical players on the pitch. We’re shit at playing out from the back, and it’s the only aspect of Brendans philosophy that pisses me off. Why we persist is beyond me, every time we try we get caught, or end up putting ourselves under pressure. This needs to be re-thought in my opinion because it will cost us at some point. 

It is a huge game on Tuesday, dropping points will only show the likes of Spurs and United that we can be caught. We’ve been bang out of form for a while, and I just hope we can somehow find that form we had at the start of the season, starting with a big win on Tuesday, set out sights on Man City (unlikely yes) but I’d rather we aim to catch them rather than look over our shoulder.

45 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Already beaten four of them....just sayin’

We have but my point is we are not playing the same way we were when we beat them. So its Irrelevant. We should be losing games to Norwich and Burnley but we did.

I think if we played any of them 5 yesterday we would have been convincingly beaten by all of them.

Something is not right tactically, we look fit and not rusty. We just dont seem to really have a game plan apart from farting around between the back 4, there is zero creativity or driving forward. We created nothing of note until Gray came on yesterday.  

Reading the comments on here there’s 2 things I find incredible. 
Ive mentioned the YT one before but I don’t see how fans cannot see he’s key! For Christ sake it’s like people don’t want us to create!

Praet is a very limited footballer, he can graft and ‘put himself about’ all he likes, he is not the type of player we need vs a team like Brighton.

Teams who will play a low block and try and icolate Vardy and close the space, you need YT not a Praet or a Hamza!!

We have Ndidi there, YT might not get about the pitch and hassle as much as a Hamza or Praet but is far more talented and more likely to combine with Maddison and open a tough defence up.

This game is tailor-made for Youri.

Also people saying Vardy should be off for Nacho is crazy too. Again this game is perfect for Vards.

These are the games, we are simply better than the opposition...the reason we have barely averaged a point a game since December is because we are panicking and changing all the time.

Play our best 11, play to WIN and we WILL win. This isn’t Liverpool or Utd away when we could need to think about what they can offer, we are at home to a largely struggling team!

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilly

YT Ndidi

Gray   Maddison Barnes  

Vardy

Can also use 2 up top with Nacho if it seems to be too tight and take off Gray .

Can also you albrighton instead of gray.

lots of options in the forward line but the spine HAS to play

back 5, YT and Ndidi , CM with madders in the hole and JV up top are written in already for me.

I guarantee if we have a midfield of any of those 3 out, we will not win. These are what will get us CL football, I’m fed up of crap like Praet, Mendy or Hamza who arnt up to scratch. There squad players but this is MUST win!

3 hours ago, l444ry said:

Bit harsh? We were within 60 seconds of pulling off a good away win against difficult opposition.  

I would have thought 'scraping' rather than 'pulling off' would be more appropriate. A draw was a fair result. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

This one really is must win, anything less and the sides below win then it becomes a bit close for comfort.

We were all bored,couldnt wait for footy to return...Now you want a walk in the park,with a big ( Social distancing) points gap!!!!,

Where is your sense of Adventure and excitement....We are Leicester...Late Night shopping,last bus home,last Minute criggy-shopping,

Better the Mystery tour,than a Definite Dead squib Mablethorpe....last Minute check-in...far far better. 

We get it all tied up Days before,means Shopping with the Mrs,actually Finding Time to Repair kids bike,Take the Family to the pictures..!!

Clear up your Bloody mess!! Then what will you do on rainy afternoons.??

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

If a team with pretentions of Champions League football can't take 4 points from two games against almost rock bottom teams, then perhaps they don't deserve to be there.

We only managed to take 1 point from rock bottom Norwich, who also beat Man City. Watford beat liverpool. Anomalies happen in football. 

We're currently all deserving of our places at the top of the table. We do need to pick up points to maintain it though. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We only managed to take 1 point from rock bottom Norwich, who also beat Man City. Watford beat liverpool. 

That’s why it’s the best league in the world. We all wanted to get here and now it seems we forget that anyone can beat anyone. 

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Reading the comments on here there’s 2 things I find incredible. 
Ive mentioned the YT one before but I don’t see how fans cannot see he’s key! For Christ sake it’s like people don’t want us to create!

Praet is a very limited footballer, he can graft and ‘put himself about’ all he likes, he is not the type of player we need vs a team like Brighton.

Teams who will play a low block and try and icolate Vardy and close the space, you need YT not a Praet or a Hamza!!

We have Ndidi there, YT might not get about the pitch and hassle as much as a Hamza or Praet but is far more talented and more likely to combine with Maddison and open a tough defence up.

This game is tailor-made for Youri.

Also people saying Vardy should be off for Nacho is crazy too. Again this game is perfect for Vards.

These are the games, we are simply better than the opposition...the reason we have barely averaged a point a game since December is because we are panicking and changing all the time.

Play our best 11, play to WIN and we WILL win. This isn’t Liverpool or Utd away when we could need to think about what they can offer, we are at home to a largely struggling team!

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilly

YT Ndidi

Gray   Maddison Barnes  

Vardy

Can also use 2 up top with Nacho if it seems to be too tight and take off Gray .

Can also you albrighton instead of gray.

lots of options in the forward line but the spine HAS to play

back 5, YT and Ndidi , CM with madders in the hole and JV up top are written in already for me.

I guarantee if we have a midfield of any of those 3 out, we will not win. These are what will get us CL football, I’m fed up of crap like Praet, Mendy or Hamza who arnt up to scratch. There squad players but this is MUST win!

...We have had this eleven (without Justin and Gray) playing since December and it hasn't worked!!!

Any team which comes to us and "sits" gains the upper hand as we are unable to move the ball quickly and end up playing the ball around the back four. As the game progresses the opposition becomes more confident and they then start to press us. We are then vulnerable on the ball and there are weaknesses which are targeted by the opposition.

We have become one trick wonders and having been sussed are unable to magic up a new trick to give us a new option.

We start.out positively and attempt to take the game away from our opponents, moving the ball quickly and looking dangerous. If we do not score within 10 minutes, the intensity drops and we go into our shell.

I am not sure why we seem to believe Brighton will be an easy three points, there is a blue print to beat us and they have been studying it for three months!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442