Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Brighton Pre-Match Thread

35 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm struggling to get up for this as it still doesn't feel like football is truly back. However, this is a really important game when you look at the fixtures.

You not watch the Arsenal game? 

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You not watch the Arsenal game? 

I didn't see that game tbh. 

I suppose I mean the fact it's behind closed doors and we can't attend, extra strange this being a home game too.

It still just feels a bit empty, like I strangely don't care about results 'as' much.

• Like 4

For the faint hearted, suggest you give the both the Match and Post Match threads a miss, unless we score early and run out 9-0 winners.  Anything but 3 pts and it will be mayhem.....

• Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 06:59, CloudFox said:

Nobody "needs dropping" after one game back.

Bit of rotation will help keep the squad fresh, but this is almost a new season, remember.

Gray looked good when he came on, so maybe swap him and Perez in for Barnes and Albrighton.

I'm a bit loathe to swap out Barnes, but having him coming off the bench is a nice little threat to have.

Its not one game, I dont know why some people seem to conveniently "forget dozens of games" to claim people are reacting to "one" bad game, the player has been pretty bad for the majority of the season.  Which beach has your head been stuck in?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Youri isn’t world class. You’ve answered your own statement in the next line mate, he’s young and inconsistent.

He’s shown he has exceptional technical ability, but to be world class you need to show that ability in 3 games out of 4. This season he hasn’t, but the way he releases the ball quickly is vital to our play. An important cog in our side but not been a difference maker enough times this season. 

World class players win games singlehandedly, how many times has YT done that this season? Not enough, but we know he can do it and will do it. He’s just not suited to playing every team in the league at the moment, I’m sure he’ll work on adapting against different opposition tho and it’s something for Brendan to work on with him. We’ve seen Maddison’s role differ game on game and he’s been chief creator this season, it’s up to Rodgers and YT to do the same to get the best from him. 

EDIT: Just seen your post saying Praet is all hustle and bustle and not a lot of talent. He’s one of our top 5 best technical players, a very good back up to have. I don’t get how you can see Praet as being closer to a Choudhury type than what he is, which is a playmaker. 

My problem with him is his bad games are just too many.

If he did a good game changer assist on average every 2 games, I would accept his bad games and him been a regular starter.  But his bad to good game ratio right now is just too high.  He seems to have a reasonable game maybe 1 in 5 or something, I dont know whats happened to him as when he was on loan he made such a difference to us.  I agree with pace of the game analysis, he shines more in slower paced games.  When he is in a position where quick thinking is needed, he often suffers, e.g. getting ball poached whilst he is standing thinking, late tackles because he is reacting late, that sort of thing.  His shooting has also deteriorated notably as well.

Edited by Chrysalis

54 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I didn't see that game tbh. 

I suppose I mean the fact it's behind closed doors and we can't attend, extra strange this being a home game too.

It still just feels a bit empty, like I strangely don't care about results 'as' much.

I care but I have to admit that I wasn't that gutted about Watfords equaliser at the weekend. Don't know if it was a mixture of just being glad the footys back and the fact Nige might keep Watford up 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t get some of the dislike for Praet. He’s probably our best midfielder. Technically superb, rarely loses the ball, sensible passer and can offer a key pass too. He reminds me of Luca Modric in that sense. The only criticism of Praet I have is that he is ineffective in front of goal. 

He is also more mobile and fitter than Youri, I love Youri, and he does have bundles of ability he’s a classy footballer, however, I think his biggest nemesis is fitness, he never, ever looks fit. He’s come back and looks like he’s done nothing for a few months. Last season he finished the season looking super fit, trim agile and we got to see how good he actually is, this season I feel like he has never got to that level, he’s looked over weight and unfit for most of the season. 

Quite agree, but to be fair to Youri, he is trying to spice things up a bit, I mean just look at his new "do" :yahoo:

image.png.703859a420d356a74eff143969144af7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Massive game. Win this, we are realistically red hot faves for CL next year. Fail to win and it’s one win in 7 and we are under significant pressure. This is one of those moments tonight when we take charge of our destiny. Rustiness out of the way against Hornets, now the real LCFC can take centre stage 👍

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned but this is going to be absolutely roasting, especially at 6pm where the heat tends to peak this time of year. Fitness and possession is going to be vital which should play into our hands. 

i'd imagine we might plan to wear them down for 60 minutes and then completely annihilate them in the last phase. 

32 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t get some of the dislike for Praet. He’s probably our best midfielder. Technically superb, rarely loses the ball, sensible passer and can offer a key pass too. He reminds me of Luca Modric in that sense. The only criticism of Praet I have is that he is ineffective in front of goal. 

He is also more mobile and fitter than Youri, I love Youri, and he does have bundles of ability he’s a classy footballer, however, I think his biggest nemesis is fitness, he never, ever looks fit. He’s come back and looks like he’s done nothing for a few months. Last season he finished the season looking super fit, trim agile and we got to see how good he actually is, this season I feel like he has never got to that level, he’s looked over weight and unfit for most of the season. 

Tbf it just seems to be one total loop the loop who is monopolising the thread with his Adrian Durham type assertions. 

The rest see good and bad in each. 

In truth it's a tough call and a great position to be in. Not long ago we'd have been ecstatic with just one, either one. 

My two penneth, is that praet started excellent from the bench and deserved the starts but didn't seem to offer as much as a starter (like gray but not as polarised) but I can't help hoping/thinking it might just have coincided with losing ndidi. 

Bring it on. 

Ps. Fwiw, early doors I could see Potter as a potential replacement for Rodgers when the time comes. I liked what he was doing with Brighton but they seem to have lost their way of late. 

I don't see it being easy but if we play the way we know, we could stuff em, and most of the teams below us, but it's a big if. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Same team , same tactics , probable odd goal win. Vardy will be determined to get that hundredth goal.

10 minutes ago, Stonegold said:

Not sure it's worth us showing up looking at the confidence of the posts but we will hopefully make a good game of it , Potter is slowly getting his message across to the players of the style he wants to play and from a fans point of view it's good to watch even if the results haven't been kind in most cases .

Saturday's game v the mighty Gunners was a reminder to all that there's no easy games so even a #teamlikebrighton can put in a shift and pick up the odd suprise or two , this game is vital to both teams for different reasons and on paper it looks like a home banker , but if the stats are to be believed home advantage has gone out the window , the only thing i think favors the home side is they don't have the travelling to overcome .

I expect a really open game and if Mr Vardy starts there's no way we will try the high line tactic like we tried in the reverse fixture , as always when i post on here i wish you good luck after today's game .

Hopefully in defeat or victory the Leicester players will show a lot more HUMIDITY :D than the Arsenal rabble .

What we seemed to have stopped been able to do is win a close game.

We seems to either win comfortably, or draw/lose. (more the latter lately).  So I certainly dont think its a foregone conclusion.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1