Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

6 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Seen it with my own eyes in the same area just after the first lockdown.

Apologists came back at me with, 'White youths are out and about too'. No where near in the numbers I've seen though.

This 2nd lockdown, and the area responsible, is case proven I think.

Whilst I am annoyed about what I’ve seen, there are plenty of people in all communities who are picking and choosing what they decide to abide by. My own family is guilty of that. What I don’t understand is how these taxi drivers in particular have done this throughout and nobody has done anything about it 

33 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Yes they always hit back with that comment. Yet the problem areas are not the ones with gangs of white youths about. Eyres Monsell, Saffron Lane , Aylestone etc have not cause this second lockdown. 

All I’ve seen in Aylestone is the odd glue sniffer and a Black Panther.

Two shops in North Evington shut down by council for defying Leicester lockdown
The area has had highest numbers of positive Covid-19 tests

ByDan MartinPolitics Reporter
16:03, 3 JUL 2020

Council enforcement officers have shut down two non-essential shops in an area of Leicester where concerns have been raised about the lockdown being ignored.

Council staff and police have been on the ground around St Saviour’s Road in North Evington - an area where that has been a high number people test positive for coronavirus recently.

Council enforcement officials said they shut down two businesses yesterday and are reviewing 17 others which may have breached the guidelines.

The action comes after fears that businesses have not been closed as ordered when Health Secretary Matt Hancock put the whole city and some surrounding areas into the UK’s first localised lockdown.

Dr Charanpreet Johal is the director of Kohinoor Radio, a community radio station based on St Saviour’s Road.

He raised the concern in a briefing with the police the council and Public Health England about what was happening in the area which was recently identified as the ward with the highest number of new Covid cases.

Dr Johal said: “We have had numerous calls, between 30 and 40 a day, from people working in this area who are quite worried about the non-essential businesses which haven’t closed down.

“Looking out of the window on a daily basis we haven’t seen footfall reduce at all.

“The people are coming in to work at 7.30am or 5am or 6am.

“We are being called by people worried about coming into work but they are being blackmailed but their bosses.

“We have had women calling up and crying on the phone saying they don’t know what to do.”

A dispersal order has been put in place in the Roydon street where a man was shot outside party last weekend
How Leicestershire Police plan to deal with the challenge of pubs reopening after lockdown

Threat to shut and prosecute Leicester businesses breaching coronavirus rules
He called on the police and council to make the businesses act in a responsible way.

Chief Constable Simon Cole said: “We have got a huge policing presence in that area now and people can talk to those officers.

“We and the city are visiting the premises all the time.

“Our strong advice would be to adhere to the health guidelines as there is a really serious illness out and about.”

The council’s neighbourhood and environmental services director John Leech said: “We have a team of trading standards, licencing, city wardens and parks personnel out on the ground.

“Yesterday we surveyed 186 streets and that covered 300 businesses that were witnessed.

“We dealt with two businesses closures and we are reviewing 17 businesses.

“We have risk rated premises.

“In North Evington we have 288 businesses we are in particular targeting and making sure we have Covid-19 compliance.

“We have absolutely got St Saviour’s Road and other localities in our mind and we have staff on the ground who are engaging.

“We are very present in the area.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/two-shops-north-evington-shut-4291052

Group of 11 people drinking together on Leicester university campus moved on by police
They were spotted by officers on patrol in the city

ByMaia Snow
15:34, 3 JUL 2020
NEWS

The Mill Lane & The Gateway Public Realm, Leicester

Police have 'moved on' a group of 11 people who were found drinking in a street on a city campus.

Officers from the force say they moved on the group from Mill Lane, on the De Montfort University campus this afternoon.

Police shared the action, in a bid to spread the message not to ignore the new lockdown rules in force here.

A tweet from the city police force said: "Police have moved on a group of 11 at DMU drinking in Mill Lane.

"Leicester is under further lockdown restrictions preventing groups gathering of more than six.

"Only by working together can we beat this."

Since the new Leicester lockdown was imposed earlier this week, due to a spike in cases in the city, non-essential shops have had to close again.

Pubs, hairdressers and other non-essential businesses will not re-open on Saturday July 4 as previously planned.

However, groups of up to six are still being allowed to gather in an open space provided they are social distancing.

Support bubbles are still allowed under the new lockdown rules.

The Leicester lockdown will be reviewed by the government on July 18,but public health officials have already reported that the coronavirus rate has 'stabilised'.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

'The methodology for reporting positive cases changed on 2 July 2020 to remove duplicates within and across pillars 1 and 2, to ensure that a person who tests positive is only counted once. Due to this change, 30,302 previously reported cases were removed from the UK total.'

40 minutes ago, davieG said:

Two shops in North Evington shut down by council for defying Leicester lockdown
The area has had highest numbers of positive Covid-19 tests

ByDan MartinPolitics Reporter
16:03, 3 JUL 2020

Council enforcement officers have shut down two non-essential shops in an area of Leicester where concerns have been raised about the lockdown being ignored.

Council staff and police have been on the ground around St Saviour’s Road in North Evington - an area where that has been a high number people test positive for coronavirus recently.

Council enforcement officials said they shut down two businesses yesterday and are reviewing 17 others which may have breached the guidelines.

The action comes after fears that businesses have not been closed as ordered when Health Secretary Matt Hancock put the whole city and some surrounding areas into the UK’s first localised lockdown.

Dr Charanpreet Johal is the director of Kohinoor Radio, a community radio station based on St Saviour’s Road.

He raised the concern in a briefing with the police the council and Public Health England about what was happening in the area which was recently identified as the ward with the highest number of new Covid cases.

Dr Johal said: “We have had numerous calls, between 30 and 40 a day, from people working in this area who are quite worried about the non-essential businesses which haven’t closed down.

“Looking out of the window on a daily basis we haven’t seen footfall reduce at all.

“The people are coming in to work at 7.30am or 5am or 6am.

“We are being called by people worried about coming into work but they are being blackmailed but their bosses.

“We have had women calling up and crying on the phone saying they don’t know what to do.”

A dispersal order has been put in place in the Roydon street where a man was shot outside party last weekend
How Leicestershire Police plan to deal with the challenge of pubs reopening after lockdown

Threat to shut and prosecute Leicester businesses breaching coronavirus rules
He called on the police and council to make the businesses act in a responsible way.

Chief Constable Simon Cole said: “We have got a huge policing presence in that area now and people can talk to those officers.

“We and the city are visiting the premises all the time.

“Our strong advice would be to adhere to the health guidelines as there is a really serious illness out and about.”

The council’s neighbourhood and environmental services director John Leech said: “We have a team of trading standards, licencing, city wardens and parks personnel out on the ground.

“Yesterday we surveyed 186 streets and that covered 300 businesses that were witnessed.

“We dealt with two businesses closures and we are reviewing 17 businesses.

“We have risk rated premises.

“In North Evington we have 288 businesses we are in particular targeting and making sure we have Covid-19 compliance.

“We have absolutely got St Saviour’s Road and other localities in our mind and we have staff on the ground who are engaging.

“We are very present in the area.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/two-shops-north-evington-shut-4291052

That’s all very well and good, but what about the previous 3 -4 months. If you were an owner of one of these sweat shops and you got wind of a crackdown, you’d just not open up. It’s a bit after the horses bolted. Why did they have to announce it, why not have kept it out the news and then blitzed the area. I bet they start doing night shifts now because the inspectors all knock off at 4. Personally I think the owners etc of these places have basically shit on the people of Leicester and abused their positions. They’ve put lives at risk and possibly been responsible for the deaths of people and should be sent to prison.

Edited by yorkie1999

E Mids today on at the moment ...  just had Sir Pete on with a tame reporter in tow ...   his girlfriend is just explaining how her window was damaged and she feared it was going to fall out  !!   :o ...   so who did she ring ?? ...  the mayor of Leicester !! ...   Sir Galahad ..  sorry Sir Pete !    He ‘came’,  he saw, he sorted !! ...  but hang on the neighbours reported he ‘came’ around 3 times a week ??? ... it was obviously a bigger job than he thought ...   :)

Soulsby ..   you useless get ...  why not be honest ...   if you wanted a sh@g just say so instead of all this window-gate nonsense. 

3 hours ago, MonmoreStef said:

Yes they always hit back with that comment. Yet the problem areas are not the ones with gangs of white youths about. Eyres Monsell, Saffron Lane , Aylestone etc have not cause this second lockdown. 

There was literally an article posted on here in the last few days about a huge party in Eyres Monsell. 

I can vouch with my own family and my next door neighbour - it may not be big public gatherings but people are breaking in the rules by visiting other people’s houses and numerous pubs were caught out in the early days trying to have lock-ins 

41 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was literally an article posted on here in the last few days about a huge party in Eyres Monsell. 

I can vouch with my own family and my next door neighbour - it may not be big public gatherings but people are breaking in the rules by visiting other people’s houses and numerous pubs were caught out in the early days trying to have lock-ins 

People are breaking the rules everywhere but they haven’t created the problem that the people in the east of the city have created. I’ve broken the rules myself but have taken social distancing And cleanliness seriously. The problems in North Evington are more to do with dozens living in the same houses and sweatshops that must be death traps even in normal times. I’d also question the cleanliness in some of these houses and workplaces. I don’t think the BLM stuff had any impact either or the beech trips.   It’s the way people in the aforementioned problem area live and work which has caused the major problems.  

7 hours ago, enmac said:

Probable cause of our situation :

Leicester's coronavirus lockdown is no surprise to its garment factory workers

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/03/leicester-coronavirus-lockdown-is-no-surprise-to-its-garment-factory-workers?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Boohoo have been on the news before about something like this a few years ago I am superseded they didn’t look at the factories back then and shut them down 

13 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

People are breaking the rules everywhere but they haven’t created the problem that the people in the east of the city have created. I’ve broken the rules myself but have taken social distancing And cleanliness seriously. The problems in North Evington are more to do with dozens living in the same houses and sweatshops that must be death traps even in normal times. I’d also question the cleanliness in some of these houses and workplaces. I don’t think the BLM stuff had any impact either or the beech trips.   It’s the way people in the aforementioned problem area live and work which has caused the major problems.  

Cleanliness in some of those houses ? Seriously, that’s ok to say now ? **** me. 

P.S I have no issue with you questioning the small garment factories and the working conditions. In fact, read the article posted a few post up of people crying over the phone on how they’re treated by their employer. 

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Cleanliness in some of those houses ? Seriously, that’s ok to say now ? **** me. 

P.S I have no issue with you questioning the small garment factories and the working conditions. In fact, read the article posted a few post up of people crying over the phone on how they’re treated by their employer. 

So you think the houses with 10 Plus blokes living together will be clean ?  Take a walk around these areas and tell me you think they are all clean. 

26 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Dozens? So more than one dozen? So 24 at least?? I doubt it mate. There are massive issues in that area of the county, nobody is disputing that. That’s just bollocks though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MonmoreStef said:

So you think the houses with 10 Plus blokes living together will be clean ?  Take a walk around these areas and tell me you think they are all clean. 

I have been around Neston Gardens and I’ve been around Spinney Hill Park - if you are talking about how clean the areas are there isn’t a lot in it. 

I really don’t see how having 10 people live in a house due to the multi generational nature Asian families live in is any different to having multi households including children who are literal bacteria Petri dishes all around for a party. Of which those people are likely to have worked on building sites or similar clustered places of work. 

The factories are without doubt a problem - but it could have been McVities factory in South Wigston or Walkers/Samworth Brothers in Beaumont Leys. 

You are looking for a simple problem to a complex issue. 

8 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Don’t be a prat. While there may be places of concerns in the east as there are in the west  (I can’t believe I’m referring to Leicester as if its a gangster rap divide), there are also good honest people who live there with their families etc. Who have adhered as best as they can to social distancing etc. Don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

You are burying your head in the sand if you don’t accept there are plenty of houses in these areas occupied by several young males. I’m not referring to family houses. There are houses where several new residents to our country live.  A lot of these lads will work as many hours that they can get and they’ll be sleeping in houses shared with numerous other similar lads. People are so concerned in causing or taking offence they deny these sorts of houses exist. You only have to watch programmes like can’t pay we will take it away and you them regularly. Spinney Hills and North Evington are popular locations for these multi let properties. These house also exist in Narborough Road with the Eastern European lads. I foresee possible problems existing there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

You are burying your head in the sand if you don’t accept there are plenty of houses in these areas occupied by several young males. I’m not referring to family houses. There are houses where several new residents to our country live.  A lot of these lads will work as many hours that they can get and they’ll be sleeping in houses shared with numerous other similar lads. People are so concerned in causing or taking offence they deny these sorts of houses exist. You only have to watch programmes like can’t pay we will take it away and you them regularly. Spinney Hills and North Evington are popular locations for these multi let properties. These house also exist in Narborough Road with the Eastern European lads. I foresee possible problems existing there. 

Read what you’ve said. You’ve taken a problem of housing, a small one and tarred the entire east district of the city with the same brush. 

I understand you may have problems expressing yourself but try reviewing what you are saying before pressing post. 

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Read what you’ve said. You’ve taken a problem of housing, a small one and tarred the entire east district of the city with the same brush. 

I understand you may have problems expressing yourself but try reviewing what you are saying before pressing post. 

He has a point tbf

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/third-world-leicester-17-people-1453500.amp

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

E Mids today on at the moment ...  just had Sir Pete on with a tame reporter in tow ...   his girlfriend is just explaining how her window was damaged and she feared it was going to fall out  !!   :o ...   so who did she ring ?? ...  the mayor of Leicester !! ...   Sir Galahad ..  sorry Sir Pete !    He ‘came’,  he saw, he sorted !! ...  but hang on the neighbours reported he ‘came’ around 3 times a week ??? ... it was obviously a bigger job than he thought ...   :)

Soulsby ..   you useless get ...  why not be honest ...   if you wanted a sh@g just say so instead of all this window-gate nonsense. 

Such a shame it wasn't the gate that broke, cos gate-gate would be awesome.

• Haha 1