Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

yeah the final tactical switch was odd.  

Yeah, very odd when we were dominating. I can understand swapping Albrighton out for one of Perez and Gray but not to change a working tactic. I would have swapped Perez in there instead of Gray as I think this game calls for Perez.

Justin has not been very good so I may have even dropped Justin and move Albrighton back to RB.

We need something to fall for us to get us kick started. Am a little frustrated by the restart but things can turn again quickly in football. Am hoping that an early goal or a key decision going our way and it will lead to a good run. Very much not giving up hope yet. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

This feels like a relationship where the girl is the champions league places. She's well out of your league. Then she tells you it's over. You keep hoping you can change her mind, but deep down you know it's over too. 

So you end up pulling a minger who you're stuck with (europa league) and tell yourself it's all OK, but you still really want to get back with girl number 1, although you know it's never gonna happen. 

Then you end up losing your self respect by staying with her because she's the only one that will have you. 

And you're never happy again. 

That's my life story right there except the minger fobbed me off aswell

Edited by Dr The Singh

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Their first goal was literally the same as Chelsea's goal on Sunday. Which says to me we're not learning from our mistakes and that's worrying. Whether that's Rodgers or specific individuals I don't know but either way suffering from the same mistakes is not what you want to see from your side.

Cross from wide, attacking player untracked running in unchallenged and shooting first time with success. Carbon copy just from a different side. That's very frustrating.  

The problem with both goals is how Soyuncu and Evans get pulled of position. Two of our better players. I can say as a centre back, you make those movements when you don’t trust your fellow colleague to do his job. 

However if you go to close that player down, you must risk it all rather than half commit and get caught out 

We are so reliant on chillwell. He hasn't always got the best end product but the game plan seems focused on him on that left side, whether it be taking on their defenders to get into a crossing position, or trying to get it to someone on the edge of the box. I think it highlights our massive limitation on the other side without Pereira. 

• Like 1

Understatement of the evening, but that was rather frustrating.  You can pick at their first goal with JJ getting beat and Ben not covering Richardson but feel that's unfair as it was a steady work by them.  The kind of work we used to do but have long since forgotten.

Penalty was a bit soft, but it's a flighted ball that hits his hand.  Harsh, and we rightly moan when we don't get them, but I didn't have any complaints.

Where I do have complaints is our entire performance.  I've read a few posts saying "we dominated".  Dominated what exactly?  Quantify of pointless balls in the box, balls out wide to full backs who look generally lost in the final third?  This is the 4th game back and we've got two goals.  One an absolutely peach and one a complete fluke.  There's the cliche about as long as you're creating chance you'll be fine and we're creating naff all.  Our build up play is agonisingly slow and let's any competent defence reorganise and not let us play through leading a pointless hoof ball to nobody in the box.

We need to put sentimentally aside and be honest.  Vardy is either not playing well, or we're playing a style that's not suiting him.  Let's be kind and call it the latter.  Either way, he needs removing as we were miles better with Kel on.  I don't want to pick on individuals, but I look at our play and don't have a clue what we're trying.  If Brendan is trying to be Pep, he needs to have more than one individual making forward runs otherwise it's standard tosh.  It's definitely not "Brendan out", but he needs to identify that a lot of the problems are at his door and sort it.  Decide on your best 11 and how you want to play and execute it.  Too many random players chucked on and switched.

• Like 1

...Congrats Mr. Ben Chilwell - 31 (in words thirty-one) ball losses in one game could be a new PL record.

...Please move to London or anywhere else, because I can't stand you for another season. 

...you are a really nice guy, but as a professional footballer you are a nightmare for me.  

Just now, hejammy said:

Actually that doesn't explain why Vardy was poor still when madders and Nacho came on. The gap was closed but he was still poor. I can't understand how you cannot see that he's been poor at least since restart, service or no service. His touch, his pace and his runs, all much worse than earlier in the season. Needs dropping and surely you can see that deep down 

I said he had a bad game? Nothing more, nothing less.

Can you name me a player who hasnt been poor since the restart? Evans Soyunchu and Kasper maybe?

I am not for one minute suggesting he is playing well but whoever we player upfront will be just as isolated unless we change our tactics. 

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah, very odd when we were dominating. I can understand swapping Albrighton out for one of Perez and Gray but not to change a working tactic. I would have swapped Perez in there instead of Gray as I think this game calls for Perez.

Justin has not been very good so I may have even dropped Justin and move Albrighton back to RB.

Justin has suffered on the right, Albrighton at the back with Perez in front of him isnt a bad shout.

• Like 1

You’ve really got to start to question the manager. You could see after 20 minutes this wasn’t ever going to work. He should have dragged two off at the drinks break and made a switch of formation. He needs a plan B desperately. Maybe it’s a bit old school but 10 minutes to go surely you bring Morgan on and throw him up front. We were crossing into a giant centre half with no real challenge at all in the box. 

Some of those players need to have a serious bollocking after these last 4 games and dropping. Barnes, Vardy and Youri to name but a few. 

Edited by Blue-fox
  • Like 2

My summary on the game is that we are absolutely shocking at 0-0.

Its happened a lot recently, we play ok 2nd half vs literally 10 buses. It’s hard to break down and win from there, we always put ourselves  in this situation!
BR is too blame for me because he’s so clueless and has no idea how to change.

Hes all happy and media friendly when it’s going well, but when it’s not he always try’s to gloss it over.
I havnt see post match today but my guess is he’ll be going on how we played well 2nd half and how we were ‘unlucky’. Yet will blindly miss the point that we were 2-0 down and threw the game in 10 mins!!

We need a change of tactics if we want to win games with this group. Thia way of playing has been found out. Its not a coincidence all games are following a similar pattern. I think we need to sacrifice the possession game for something more direct.

Our way if playing isn't working. Brendan can't keep coming out with the same crap after every game. He needs to change it up

Just now, leicesterlad1989 said:

I said he had a bad game? Nothing more, nothing less.

Can you name me a player who hasnt been poor since the restart? Evans Soyunchu and Kasper maybe?

I am not for one minute suggesting he is playing well but whoever we player upfront will be just as isolated unless we change our tactics. 

My point is that when Nacho came on he wasn't isolated, as he varies his game from dropping deep to staying close to goal, Vardy does not do that and that's why he's getting isolated. The connection between Vardy and our midfield is not there because teams know our game when he plays and its very 1 dimensional. They figure out how to isolate him and that's game over. Now usually he's is tenacious and works his balls off, but recently that hasn't happened. Drop him and then our team isn't Vardy centric and less predictable

First half was awful. Same system, same problems. Endless crosses into the box coming to nothing. Nobody with that bit of spark or creativity outside the central box. No urgency, no interest.

Got slightly better when Maddison came on for about 10 minutes but they soon got the measure of us again. Chilwell has absolutely no footballing brain whatsoever. Passing it backwards with 10 seconds to go is not acceptable in any league when you are losing. 

We have all but thrown away one of our best positions for years with no real reason other than poor management and a lack of desire. 

Pathetic night again.

At this time scrutiny is much higher on manager and players etc as we look so crap.....but that exchange between the manager and Praet in the drinks break was odd to me. It didn't for one second look like a player who fears his manager. It looked like a manager who became pals with everyone when the times were good......and when you need to show authority it gets sour. The story of our last 6 years. 

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fair enough you’ve got your scapegoat. 

I am one of Chilwell’s biggest critics. Dislike his resistance to use his right foot and think he’s weak. Today he was fine and totally ****ed over by a formation which just became a mess 

I agree - he did fine today overall and the formation was a mess.

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Shite again first half. Never got going and formation was poor. 

2nd half changes made a difference before Richarlison went off for them and that actually helped them. They went defensive and saw the game out with ease really. 

I fear for Saturday coming up against a well organised defensive side in Palace. Can't see us scoring.

Surely Benteke is due to score a goal

I'm officially done with game if we don't get anything at Bournemouth who have just been done over 0-4 at home to Newcastle. 

Enjoy Vardy why we can folks... Father time calling... Still bloody love him. 

Christ, that double sub of Perez and Gray in the 2nd half completely killed us ! The only way we looked like scoring again was the little neat one-twos with Maddison between the lines. As soon as those subs made, pushed Maddison back, with pay cheque Perez going through the motions as usual. Totally nullified us