Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

5 minutes ago, Eskay said:

At this time scrutiny is much higher on manager and players etc as we look so crap.....but that exchange between the manager and Praet in the drinks break was odd to me. It didn't for one second look like a player who fears his manager. It looked like a manager who became pals with everyone when the times were good......and when you need to show authority it gets sour. The story of our last 6 years. 

Didnt see that? Anyone have a clip?

We have turned into a pound shop Wenger's Arsenal. Don't play the ball forward in one pass if you can do it in three. Look good playing meaningless balls and let the opposition keeper get his deck chair out. And while we're at it, walk it into the net as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Didnt see that? Anyone have a clip?

I have thought the same about Praet the last few games and he has looked fuming at Brendan. He clearly was thinking wtf when Brendan spoke to him. To be honest most didnt look like they were really listening to him.....

I have had a few posts today, but in the end, I think the message is clear from many fans that Rodgers need to rework our tactics. First half of the second half may be a hint. He needs to work something out so our best attacking players can get on the ball and play and NOT rely in our back four and Kasper to do the attacking plays for us.

Today offered a big contrast:

- First half and last 10 mins: Boring predictable football as we pass around at the back and had to rely on Chilwell and Justin to be our main attacking thrusts. I think Chilwell did ok today but he should not be leading our attacking plays but instead be there to offer us something different to give us variety. Otherwise we are too easy to defend.

- Second half (except for last 10 mins): We played better when we got the ball to our better players like Maddison, Nachos and Tielemans in more threatening positions. We should really look to do this a lot lot more while keeping the occasional Chilwell and Justin (better this be Ricardo) runs to stretch the oppostion defence. With this, I think we need a better Ndidi or have Praet or Mendy play in that position.

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We need a change of tactics if we want to win games with this group. Thia way of playing has been found out. Its not a coincidence all games are following a similar pattern. I think we need to sacrifice the possession game for something more direct.

Our way if playing isn't working. Brendan can't keep coming out with the same crap after every game. He needs to change it up

The worrying problem is the lack of a basic game plan. Tonight on many occasions players received a pass and did not appear to know what the next move was. The moment was last and the defence closed in ending up with a pass to nowhere

6 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Christ, that double sub of Perez and Gray in the 2nd half completely killed us ! The only way we looked like scoring again was the little neat one-twos with Maddison between the lines. As soon as those subs made, pushed Maddison back, with pay cheque Perez going through the motions as usual. Totally nullified us

Madders was fooked ....he couldn’t carry on playing those one twos 

11 minutes ago, Eskay said:

At this time scrutiny is much higher on manager and players etc as we look so crap.....but that exchange between the manager and Praet in the drinks break was odd to me. It didn't for one second look like a player who fears his manager. It looked like a manager who became pals with everyone when the times were good......and when you need to show authority it gets sour. The story of our last 6 years. 

Interesting. I though Praet was the best player in the first half. Understandable if Praet felt hard done by getting subbed out again. He should have stayed on. Right call though to get Maddison and Nachos on but it should not have been at the expense of Praet. Maybe Tielemans or even Ndidi should have made way.

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

We looked really good for twenty minutes in the second half with fast sharp passing, then he decides to drop the most dangerous looking player in Maddison and slow the tempo down.. baffling. 

Be nice to see the team looking good before they are chasing the game from a losing position.

its easy to be brave/courageous 

when you have nothing to lose 

Edited by HankMarvin

The 2nd half comeback,Finish as soon as we took Tielemans off & Had Maddison playing deeper...

Football is a Funny game...In the Rest of put games (6), we might refind our mojo...

Our movement as become static,and slow...We picked up our game,played some Good Football for 20 minutes.

The last 6-5 minutes of extra time,was Simply pathetic...no imagination in how to Play pressing football...

In every game we have had 15-20mins,where we have picked up,but its not  been enough to gee us up und hold onto anything positive..

I actually Don t know or understand,how 'All' our players have stopped thinking,und showing no individual imagination ( Maybe Maddison tries)

That quick Fire tempo and crispness  as disappeared..All our players  seem to have been cloned with D.Trump Genes & DNA.

If we were mid-table,I might accept the Lack of Drive & game on the ball discipline,but outside Chillwell,Nobody seems to want to Move with the ball.

this Team cant Open Packed defenses,we can neither go through nor around any team.

Only my opinion,but since the return,we should of started everygame,with Nacho & Vardy & build our attack & midfield around them...And kept to it..

With Ayez has the floating Late sub...

1 minute ago, shade said:

I remember Brendan saying something early on like when a player got the ball he wanted them to have 3 options to pass to, now they seem to have -3.

Didn’t they also practice games where they have to win the ball back within 15 secs

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Since the restart Rodgers has been outsmarted by every opposition manager.

Has that bout of COVID-19 affected him more than he is letting on?

No he was pretty tactically naive previously, we just got away with it due to good form of some players 

Soft start and unlucky penalty (in the sense that Ndidi didn’t mean it, but, it was one)

Great start to the second half…. We were purring…. Best I’ve seen us for a bit

Drinks break did for us…. Tactical master class from Ancelotti (he is the real deal) tweaked it and nullified what we were getting right and our players and Brendan had no answer and got increasingly frustrated…

We need to get that 45-65 minute mojo back…. We are good, we just need to believe it…

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
10 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Since the restart Rodgers has been outsmarted by every opposition manager.

Has that bout of COVID-19 affected him more than he is letting on?

Not unless he caught in December.