Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

2 minutes ago, GlenParvaFox said:

I'm not saying theres any connection to results of performance whatsoever but, when did Rodgers and his staff sign their bumper new deals?

Sounds like that's exactly what you're saying :whistle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlenParvaFox said:

I'm not saying theres any connection to results of performance whatsoever but, when did Rodgers and his staff sign their bumper new deals?

Just before we beat Villa 4-1 at Villa Park.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SmuelMartin said:

We had 35 crosses and of that, 3 were successful (inc corners).

Why is that still the tactic??

defenders will usually say crosses are the easiest type of attack to defend against, moyes had that problem at manchester united, been too cross heavy.

the sad thing is in first half of season we did much fancier attacks, cut backs and fancy passing moves in opponents box, these have ground to a halt in place of crosses.

Edited by Chrysalis

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Let Chilwell take corners as well. I don't want to see Albrighton or Gray taking corners again.

He takes corners and free kicks for England so it should be no brainer. He should be taking the ball himself. 

This feels like a relationship where the girl is the champions league places. She's well out of your league. Then she tells you it's over. You keep hoping you can change her mind, but deep down you know it's over too. 

So you end up pulling a minger who you're stuck with (europa league) and tell yourself it's all OK, but you still really want to get back with girl number 1, although you know it's never gonna happen. 

Then you end up losing your self respect by staying with her because she's the only one that will have you. 

And you're never happy again. 

• Like 1

We look like that Space Jam basketball team when their powers have been sucked out of them. Clueless. 
Surely we can’t keep starting Vardy / a lone isolated striker and ask Albrighton to try and hit him with long, high, floated crosses. 

• Haha 3

Playing Albrighton offers one less body in the box to aid a lonely and starving Vardy

Honestly I'm not even THAT angry at this loss

I was at the others because I couldn't for the life of me figure out just how we would play well again

Today showed me we can(for a brief period before we went cross happy again but I think that's just chasing the game 101),we just need a personal change.

when Maddison and Nacho came on they did what we've been crying out for. They ran into space and forced our back line and Ndidi to play it forward to the space.

Tielemans is a completely different animal when it's short sharp passing, mostly forward in their final third. He comes alive, and when him and Maddison are on song, we look so good (first half of season). 

We were showing flashes of that first part of second half. But Maddison being moved back 10 yards and Tielemans subbed just snuffed out that real threat, and that was that: back to backwards, sideways utterly meaningless and time wasting possession nonsense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

But then how do you explain Vardy being poor even after they came on? 

He had a bad game. It shouldnt distract us from the fact that when we attack we literally have Vardy on his own most of the time! Its very much what we saw under Puel. When confidence is low we get deeper and deeper creating a huge gap between midfield and Vardy.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

defenders will usually say crosses are the easiest type of attack to defend against, moyes had that problem at manchester united, been too cross heavy.

the sad thing is in first half of season we did much fancier attacks, cut backs and fancy passing moves in opponents box, these have ground to a halt in place of crosses.

Teams took a while to adjust and ended up giving Youri the time he needs and Madders the space. Now they just put men on them most of the game and In turn it gets channeled out wide. 

14 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Let Chilwell take corners as well. I don't want to see Albrighton or Gray taking corners again.

On ability probably yes but who covers for him when we lose the corner? All our defensive minded players are in the oppositions box attacking the corner, Chilwell actually does a pretty good job of sweeping up loose balls from set pieces 

• Like 1

So we have wasted away most of the 2nd half of the season with relegation level football. If this carries on Brendan is out and the merry go round turns again.

...pissed off as those CL games at the KP were great nights with my late Dad and unlikely to get another chance at them anytime soon.

1 minute ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

He had a bad game. It shouldnt distract us from the fact that when we attack we literally have Vardy on his own most of the time! Its very much what we saw under Puel. When confidence is low we get deeper and deeper creating a huge gap between midfield and Vardy.

Actually that doesn't explain why Vardy was poor still when madders and Nacho came on. The gap was closed but he was still poor. I can't understand how you cannot see that he's been poor at least since restart, service or no service. His touch, his pace and his runs, all much worse than earlier in the season. Needs dropping and surely you can see that deep down 

Just now, Mehrez said:

On ability probably yes but who covers for him when we lose the corner? All our defensive minded players are in the oppositions box attacking the corner, Chilwell actually does a pretty good job of sweeping up loose balls from set pieces 

One of the wingers should, or if we are playing a diamond, the spare midfielder along with the opposite full back