Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

New Football Laws 2020/21

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Joke. So Man City will continue fouling you so you can't get away but not get punished for it.

Well if you can't get away and the foul is given, they will still be punished because advantage isn't taken. 

Still ridiculous though, a yellow card offence is still a yellow card offence whether there is advantage or not. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

Absolute madness, if anything the current rules dont go far enough but they are binning me off completely??

Their incompetence is shown by the fact they are replying to criticism with a copy and paste 'clarification'.

As there is no consistency in the Advantage Law with some referees allowing play to go on for a while and failing then bringing it back and others not doing so how will this work.

Why can't they sort out the inconsistencies in the current law interpretations without bringing another subjective decision.

A bookable foul happens and stops play = yellow card

A bookable foul happens and advantage is played = leads to nothing but play continues no yellow card  

A bookable foul happens and advantage is played  = nothing gained but play pulled back = yellow card

Question what if it was a 2nd yellow?

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly the worst rule I have seen in a long while, just when you thought the game couldn't get any more stupid.

There was nothing wrong with the original rule- you make no attempt to play the ball, just go to stop the man and you get a yellow.

Now they've given licence to players to commit fouls and get away with it because, even if you play advantage, the momentum is delayed and it helps the defending side.

• Like 2

Like the rest of the rules it will only be used to further establish footballs elite clubs. They don't even try to hide the corruption. 

May as well just make a rule that says Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool automatically finish in the top 4, even if they are shit. 

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Another one that just helps the top sides. No surprise at all there. The sport's becoming more like WWE every season.

Logic would suggest that the lesser sides would benefit more but watching matches, it is definitely the top sides that tactically and cynically foul the most.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Logic would suggest that the lesser sides would benefit more but watching matches, it is definitely the top sides that tactically and cynically foul the most.

Fabinho & Fernandinho absolutely over the moon with this rule.

Slightly controversial but I actually quite like cynical fouling lol there is an art to it - but I think it's absolutely disgraceful that they've made it less risky. To me as it stands now I think it's a fair enough trade off - if you're willing to take the card then by all means take it, but now you're at a point where if I've read this right, you can now make the cynical foul without risk of being booked if it doesn't bring about the benefit you were hoping it did. That to me is absolute lunacy.

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fabinho & Fernandinho absolutely over the moon with this rule.

Slightly controversial but I actually quite like cynical fouling lol there is an art to it - but I think it's absolutely disgraceful that they've made it less risky. To me as it stands now I think it's a fair enough trade off - if you're willing to take the card then by all means take it, but now you're at a point where if I've read this right, you can now make the cynical foul without risk of being booked if it doesn't bring about the benefit you were hoping it did. That to me is absolute lunacy.

I understand why teams do it- I really don't like it as it is a cheap way of stopping the game and benefits players who basically can't be bothered to win it back fairly- but, as you say, the trade off was the certain yellow card.

I do wonder if players will now not look for an advantage and hope the ref gives the yellow card for blatant gamesmanship, which is what it is.

FFS can we just go back 10 years and leave the ****ing rules alone?

With the exception of rules around safety, such as concussion rules, why change anything?

For me in terms of officiating this has been the worst season and I’ve watched a fair few in my time. I feel like I already don’t know, or understand the rules especially around handball.

Leave our game alone!

• Like 1