Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

18 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

None of the holes are original. They are all new effectively and skirt the outside fences to keep prying eyes away from the training pitch. 5 towards one boundary and then 4 along another.

They also had to re route the bridleway as the land had a public right off access through it when it was the golf course that passed right past one of the new Tee Placements. So that has had to be moved to the perimeter as well.

Ah, right. Thanks.

I went looking for the original thread, but couldn't find it. Do you know if it was deleted?

6 hours ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

The pitches are apparently still a bit rough, which reminds me.. I played on a terrible pitch the other day, there were broken bricks poking up and all sorts.

We won 3-2 on aggregate 

no one picked this up..........but get out!

12 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

100k a week apparently so it's adding up.

Pretty sure an extension of time application would have been approved due to Covid. Most construction jobs have clauses in the contracts to protect the contractors from liquidated damages in the event of forces beyond their control causing delays.  Personally i would hope that we are being fair with them. When the stadium was initially built there were lots of behind the scenes areas that were unfinished/poor standard due to the contractual falling outs with the contractor. (the club refusing/delaying payments and then Birse the not completing works properly)

Don't understand the joy in destroying a construction business as well as the sub contractors who work with them.

Try building something as complicated as a state of the art training facility during a pandemic and trying to keep your workers safe.

Because if you don't keep your workers safe the facility won't get built. Sad the amount of respect people who work in the trades get.

No wonder the pool of workers gets smaller.

Guest Markyblue
16 hours ago, Bayfox said:

100k a week apparently so it's adding up.

They will have built it for nothing at this rate.

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Thing is, it isn’t the owners money really, it’s being paid for by a loan which the club will pay back? So they could probably do it.....

Don’t say that mate! According to many of our fans, any form of positive investment comes out of the owners personal bank accounts as a gesture of good will... :whistle:

• Haha 1