Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

10 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

Not sure how much truth there is in this, but I heard yesterday from somebody who’s done work at seagrave that the training pitches have flooded, the owners have gone mad and Maclaren are now flapping and in the brown and smelly.

Did the old golf club ever flood?

On 06/09/2020 at 09:02, st albans fox said:

the owners don’t need to ‘go mad’

they pay many people to do that on their behalf !

any flooding would not be down to weather so must be a different issue re a burst pipe ....and that wouldn’t flood all the pitches anyway 

I smell a possible small story which may have some validity being blown out of proportion (if as you say it even exists )

I'd say one of the first jobs was to put in underground drainage, Probably even collecting the Water for further irrigation purposes. 

4 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

Looks great, but still a long way from being finished?

Sadly it does but equally I’d rather they get it right than rush it and have loads of snags.

The water feature is going to look sensational once it’s done though.

Edited by Fox in the North

Making sure the pitches are properly drained and not going to flood is such a basic thing, I can't believe for a moment they've all flooded. 

One area unexpectedly near something that's not finished yet, maybe. Entire pitches... no. 

• Like 2

The official work deadline for completion I understand is/was 13th September which they (construction companies) had been pushing and aiming for. Following rains and COVID etc it was always going to be set back a fair bit though I was told that we'll likely be training/moving in some time in October (the person thought) though it won't be absolutely finished.

Its come along a bit more, some tarmacing has been done, water feature has started being built. A lot more paving needed by the look of it.

I suspect it won't be done until the end of october at the earliest, possibly nearer christmas time?

Next International games are

8th October - 14th October (3 games)

15th November - 18th November (2 games)

With players being away I imagine if it gets completed in time either of these would be the most suitable periods to move in 

• Like 1