Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

To be honest does it really matter? It's not like they are going to have to train down the local leisure centre is it?! 

It was obviously going to be tough to complete but if it means moving in after Christmas I'm sure they will cope with it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbf current Covid rules stop them using the changing rooms etc. I suppose it’s the treatment rooms and the gym which are the vital piece of the puzzle 

The changing rooms are in use at Belvoir Drive, aren't they? Same rules. 

It will have been almost two years since they started this development. 

:nigel:

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The changing rooms are in use at Belvoir Drive, aren't they? Same rules. 

It will have been almost two years since they started this development. 

:nigel:

Nope, players turn up in their training kit and they are expected to either leave in what they were wearing or get changed into a spare set outdoors. 

Same as we being told for grass roots stuff 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Nope, players turn up in their training kit and they are expected to either leave in what they were wearing or get changed into a spare set outdoors. 

Same as we being told for grass roots stuff 

So why can't they do that at the new place? 

7 hours ago, mad biker said:

The place is going to be absolutely stunning, no expense spared and no corners cut, they are using the best of everything, I can`t begin to try to put the place into words, it`s bluddy huge as well, 3 floors, full size swimming pool, spar pool etc, and Top`s suite is just breathtaking, the wallpaper alone was 20k :-)  the players all have their own rooms and there`s a shit load more for guests and visitors, I`m like a kid in a sweetshop every time I go on site !

spared-no-expense.jpg

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Albert said:

Lol! Chill out & stop stressing about it all mate! 

I'm totally chilled. Makes no difference to me other than the effect it could have on the team if they move mid-season. We know that it doesn't take much to upset the apple cart. 

It's the people that make a cohesive and productive training set up. I'm sure they'll have a great time moving in whenever it happens.

I worked for company that employed over a 1000 people in a building that was built in the late 1800s we moved to a brand new building lock stock and barrel and I think I can say most people enjoyed it the camaraderie was A1 and production did not waver at all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm totally chilled. Makes no difference to me other than the effect it could have on the team if they move mid-season. We know that it doesn't take much to upset the apple cart. 

The effect could well be a positive one, though. It might be the case that the team gets a boost from the move, despite it being mid-season.

• Like 2

Does any one know what is going to happen to Belvoir Drive post move?  Do we own the land? If so, can it be sold for development (Housing?).  Just interested if it has been effectively used as security for part purchase of the new facility.

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Does any one know what is going to happen to Belvoir Drive post move?  Do we own the land? If so, can it be sold for development (Housing?).  Just interested if it has been effectively used as security for part purchase of the new facility.

That is one of the couple of ideas for that area of land.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mad biker said:

The place is going to be absolutely stunning, no expense spared and no corners cut, they are using the best of everything, I can`t begin to try to put the place into words, it`s bluddy huge as well, 3 floors, full size swimming pool, spar pool etc, and Top`s suite is just breathtaking, the wallpaper alone was 20k :-)  the players all have their own rooms and there`s a shit load more for guests and visitors, I`m like a kid in a sweetshop every time I go on site !

Suppose that will help Maddison clear the first man

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Thinking of new signings and tops travel preferences then is it doable for the helicopter to be used still or have they done away with it?

I think if it was there would have been a helicopter landing pad included in the plans. I've not seen or heard that it was.

24 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Thinking of new signings and tops travel preferences then is it doable for the helicopter to be used still or have they done away with it?

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think if it was there would have been a helicopter landing pad included in the plans. I've not seen or heard that it was.

you won’t see helicopters involved with the club any longer ......

• Like 1