Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arsenal v Leicester pre match thread 07/07/2020

58 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Granted I didn't see Saturdays match due to my brothers wedding but a debut with 3 atb and therefore less defensive responsibility and more attacking freedom seems a fair chance to me. And we still have the backup if it doesn't work out. 

If it "doesn't work out" we could already be behind before we can change. 

Much rather start Fuchs LB and 3 actual CBs if we're playing 3atb.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We won’t be playing traditional fullbacks if we go 3ATB surely. The wingbacks will provide out width and be an attacking outlet. I rate Fuchs but Chilwell or Albrighton surely suit the LWB role better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I imagine with Maddison and Chilwell out and possibly Perez that we're 3 squad players down and 9 subs can be named so at least 1 academy player would be on there?

I'd imagine the wing backs will be Albrighton and Justin and either Fuchs at LCB or Bennett in at RCB and Evans or Soyuncu moving over? Would be incredible to see Thomas thrown in from the off though, Arsenal have a habit over the years of being the absolute pits when academy players are thrown in against them. 2 assists and a goal on his debut from Luke incoming.

Imagine if that happens. lol 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Fair comment but it's opinions innit. 

We should have enough about us with 3atb. Any I know nothing about the kid. Just that this kind of thing excites me 🤣

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

How good is Luke Thomas? If looking at development Chilwell needed a couple of seasons on loan.

Justin had a couple of seasons grounding at Luton.

Thomas must highly rated by Brendan.

More like the only FB replacement we have. Ricardo and Chilwell injured, Fuchs and JJ starting doesn't really leave anyone else for the bench. Albrighton can play WB if pushed but, if not starting is more likely to be employed off the bench elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Chilwell injured mate. 

The suggestion was we give a toddler his professional debut at LWB away at Arsenal. 

I see mate. Wouldn’t be against having Fuchs there and given the circumstances then he’s the best man for the job. Albrighton offers a different aspect and I guess it depends how Rodgers wants to approach the game. Sit tight, hold possession and play with patience (as he usually does), Fuchs slots in well. 

22 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Kasper

Evans Soy Fuchs

Justin                           Albrighton

Ndidi  Tielemans

Perez/Barnes

Nachos

Vardy

This is a tough game. Arsenal is most lethal playing through the middle and they don’t like to be pressed in their half, so clearly we need 3 at the back with 2 upfront to help press.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Chilwell injured mate. 

The suggestion was we give a toddler his professional debut at LWB away at Arsenal. 

Arsenal love to be exposed by teenagers on their debut, Rashford ripped them a new harris when only days before he was nowhere near their first team. Tariq Lamptey came on for Brighton and had a superb game against them too and then followed that up with a MOTM performance against us. This has all the hallmarks of a Luke Thomas masterclass, do the fcukin job Brendan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal love to be exposed by teenagers on their debut, Rashford ripped them a new harris when only days before he was nowhere near their first team. Tariq Lamptey came on for Brighton and had a superb game against them too and then followed that up with a MOTM performance against us. This has all the hallmarks of a Luke Thomas masterclass, do the fcukin job Brendan.

Don't ever change man. 

• Haha 1

Just imagine we do a job without England legends chilwell and Madison how strange .

Madders has looked a bit in and out last few games maybe not the new messiah.We need players to really engage the opposition ad hurt them man for man

Looking forward to it hour in pub and big mtch after

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Flair for Congleton now 

• Haha 1

The mercurial Bukayo Saka could cause mayhem all over the park - depending on how Arteta sets up. He's likely to remain on the right allowing Aubameyang to continue to make runs from his favoured left with Nketieh up top - but that's if Pepe isn't reinstated. I doubt if he'll make any changes, but whenever Saka is on the park it introduces some wonderful tactical options, not least the opportunity to switch flanks - which could cause us some damage tonight. 

Why do Arsenal feel like such a great team all of a sudden. I am really worried for tonight. A few weeks ago, i would'nt have been looking at their side. I am hoping they dont show up and do an Arsenal. Please win today boys. I cant stand United fans telling us that order is restoring itself. Whatever that means. 

• Like 2