Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arsenal v Leicester pre match thread 07/07/2020

If the rumours of Perez not being fit are true then it probably helps Rodgers make a decision, as I don't he'd have played Perez, Iheanacho and Vardy away at Arsenal anyway.

Kasper

Bennett

Evans

Soyuncu

Justin

Praet

Ndidi

Tielemans

Fuchs

Vardy

Iheanacho

Actually quite like that away from home, but need to be careful its doesn't become a back 5 and ensure Tielemans and/or Praet can get forward. Albrighton could probably have one of the wing-back positions. Barnes impact from the bench.

So no Chilwell or Maddison tomorrow. 3-4-1-2 for me. 

Kasper 

Bennett
Evans 
Soyuncu

Justin 
N’Didi 
Tielemans
Fuchs 

Perez

Vardy
Iheanacho

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No Chilwell forces the hand a little. Can't play four at the back with Fuchs and Justin, no forward drive from the fullbacks so even Arsenal's mediocre midfield could prevent any forward play, especially with Maddison out. I'd start Bennett, or maybe Fuchs in the back three.

My fear is that we revert to having one up front with two wide forwards. We have shown in the last couple of games we are better with two up front with Maddison/perez supporting just behind. I would stick with three at the back for this and let YT run the show to link with the forward players. 

I would go

Kasper

Bennett Evans Soy

JJ                    Fuchs

Ndidi YT

Perez

Vardy Nacho

Alternatively Fuchs can drop into the back three in place of Bennett and have Albrighton as wing back on the left where he is much better. If Perez is also not fit then Barnes could start in the 10 role or bring in Praet and move YT further up the pitch.

Barnes, Gray and Praet to come on from the bench if its not working and we have to change things around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

So no Chilwell or Maddison tomorrow. 3-4-1-2 for me. 

Kasper 

Bennett
Evans 
Soyuncu

Justin 
N’Didi 
Tielemans
Fuchs 

Perez

Vardy
Iheanacho

What's Barnes done wrong to not deserve a place over Perez? Or resting?

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

One of them joined the long list of Arsenal players who had to leave to win trophies (CL, PL)

Some just did do sod all and others went to Liverpool, Juventus, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Everton, etc

This is probably the game I feel the most confident about as we always get chances at arsenal. 

we never win, obviously - but we get chances! Not sure he’ll play fuchs at LWB. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Justin and Albrighton play in those positions.

Am actually quietly confident for this one for some reason (now put the kiss of death on it). Our record away to Arsenal is abysmal and it is about time we put that right.

Could be a good game in all fairness, we were both slow out the blocks for the restart but have now found some form. Hoping that the Arsenal from earlier in the season turns up. Their defence has a few car crashes in them and if we get at them and start aggressively i can see them giving away a pen or red card (hope Luiz starts).

1-2 to us Vardy and Nacho one apiece please.

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I don't believe we've ever taken anything at the Emirates in five attempts.

I make it 20 losses and 2 draws in the last 22, winless in 26, and 12 straight league losses there.

Best chance ever to end that?

Think one of those draws was in the cup as well 😫. Think our best ever chance to win was opening day couple of seasons ago. Their defence and whole team really were an utter shambles and we took the lead twice but partly through Shakespeares incompetence, his insane substitutions and partly through whatever evil curse that part of London holds over us we still managed to blow it. I'd almost be happy to forfeit a champions league place if it meant we finally managed to do these bastards over on their own patch!