Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arsenal v Leicester pre match thread 07/07/2020

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Balls into the box on who's head? We tried this the first 3 opening games and it didn't really work

Doesn't have to be aerial as such. Like Tielemans' ball for the first goal, putting it across the box on the floor can just be as effective.

Match of the day highlighted how a lack of movement by Vardy in the first half may have made it difficult for us to score first half, especially with the near post run when crosses were coming in, but I'm hoping his goals will bring the confidence to make those runs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, escape2victory said:

Praet in for Perez so we are more compact and allow Youri to push further forward.

Schmeichel

James      Evans   Soyuncu 

Albrighton       Praet   Ndidi       Chilwell

Tielemans

Iheanacho         Vardy

Solid team, would only change Perez for Praet, and let Perez play 10 and Tielemans 8. Perez + Kelechi got into the half spaces well and allowed Tielemans too look forwards with his passing. Look a far better team when there were options to pass forwards too and not always side to side. Barnes and Praet to come on. Maybe Gray depending how game is going. We need JJ speed against Arsenal front 3 as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daz93 said:

Bit nervous now after their Wolves win, thought they were very good.

We need to exploit their obvious weakness in their back line, so keep Vardy and Iheanacho up top and get them playing in between and on their shoulder and force them to make mistakes, a la the Man City game.

I thought Wolves were very passive and if we play with the aggression that Rogers spoke about before the Palace game, and I was able to see during the game, then we can definitely ruffle some feathers, an create errors pressing from the front, that game has basically spun on the wasted Traore chance, if that's 1-1 Wolves win that game. 

Have to keep that same front three that started yesterday. With Vardy nacho and Perez running at their central defence ( please let Luiz start) I can see us drawing a pen and possibly a red card. If we both at them with a high tempo from the off the off and get ahead we will wi  this one I think 

Edited by urban fox

Which just need to keep the high tempo from the start and be clinical when the chances come as that is how we can build our confidence on. The longer the game goes without taking the chances the more chances doubt will creep in and out form taper off.

COYF! :scarf:

This becomes another huge game. With Arsenal in a bit of form, I expect them to want to attack us. Which is good news. 

I would keep the two up front. Kelechi was excellent and Perez just behind worked fairly well. It’s going to be nervy but we’ve got to stand up for this and I hope we will.

2-1 Leicester. 

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Whatever results we get now I can see it going down to the last match vs Utd  to determine who out of us finishes in the top 4. And we all know how that will pan out. 

No, WE don't. You might, I don't.

Sorry ARM, not having a go at you, I just loathe it when people speak on behalf of 'we'.

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

No, WE don't. You might, I don't.

Sorry ARM, not having a go at you, I just loathe it when people speak on behalf of 'we'.

It was the ‘royal’ we

i don’t yet share the love for Bennett ......not sure a technical game at the emirates will be his cup of tea .....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It was the ‘royal’ we

i don’t yet share the love for Bennett ......not sure a technical game at the emirates will be his cup of tea .....

I know what it was, old boy. I detest people doing this, because it either assumes we all think the same or should think the same. FT proves otherwise on the former, and thank goodness that we don't yet have to do the latter.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I know what it was, old boy. I detest people doing this, because it either assumes we all think the same or should think the same. FT proves otherwise on the former, and thank goodness that we don't yet have to do the latter.

Bit presumptive .....:crylaugh:

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Chilwell, Perez & Maddison all doubts 

v Surprised if any of them make it ..... possibly Perez but given the quick turnaround ........

Wonder if chilwell‘s absence will encourage three at the back. Without our two first choice full backs, we can’t play the style that Brendan wants to 

Just now, st albans fox said:

v Surprised if any of them make it ..... possibly Perez but given the quick turnaround ........

Wonder if chilwell‘s absence will encourage three at the back. Without our two first choice full backs, we can’t play the style that Brendan wants to 

Thought the 3-4-1-2 was brilliant yesterday 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

If we win this it would guarantee some form of European football next year, no?

I've just spent 30 minutes sweating over that and I still can't confirm it.

Can't Sheff U still catch us?

If Arsenal win the FA Cup then they get a Europa place so it only goes to 6th (7th if Man City are banned)

21 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I've just spent 30 minutes sweating over that and I still can't confirm it.

Can't Sheff U still catch us?

If Arsenal win the FA Cup then they get a Europa place so it only goes to 6th (7th if Man City are banned)

If we win this Sheff United, Spurs and Everton can all mathematically catch us, although one of, if not both of Everton and Spurs will drop points before then.

As soon as each of these teams drop any points they will not be able to catch us.

Winning this game virtually makes certain of Europe next season.

With 6th the lowest we can realistically finish.