Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arsenal v Leicester pre match thread 07/07/2020

44 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

On the bench I take it? Good luck to the lad!

Or starting with Fuchs at CB in a three.... I don't think TMF would have said anything if it wasn't more significant than the bench. 

Edited by AjcW

Quite excited for this. Watched the palace game which was the first game since it all started as I haven’t really got back in to wanting to watch it. Would love a win but wouldn’t be to disappointed with a draw. Attack them from the off and they will crumble. 

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Would be very surprised if he starts....

Yeah giving a kid his full debut away at Arsenal in what's pretty much knock out football for us seems kinda unlikely. 

Especially with Fuchs and Bennett having finished the game fine against Palace. 

Has to be 3 at the back again doesn't it?

Same back 3 that finished against Palace. Justin RWB. Don't mind if Albrighton or Fuchs play LWB.

Ndidi, Praet Tielemans in middle. Vardy and Kelechi up front. 

Press Arsenal high and they don't like it, especially Luiz if he plays. It'll all result in Aubameyang getting a dodgy penalty in the 96th minute anyway. Who's the ref tonight? 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Same back 3 that finished against Palace. Justin RWB. Don't mind if Albrighton or Fuchs play LWB.

Press Arsenal high and they don't like it, especially Luiz if he plays. It'll all result in Aubameyang getting a dodgy penalty in the 96th minute anyway. Who's the ref tonight? 

Chris 'oh ffs' Kavanagh

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah giving a kid his full debut away at Arsenal in what's pretty much knock out football for us seems kinda unlikely. 

He might not even make the squad, but it’ll only be for cover I’m sure. 

massive, massive game.

A win today and we go 12pts above of Arsenal with 4 to play. Also Sheff U play Wolves at the same time, a win for Sheff and they are 10 behind with 4 play and wolves 9 behind with 4 to play, a draw would be almost as good. Spurs didn't look good in their win yesterday and have to play us and Arse and would be 13 behind with 5 to play. 

Basically a win for us sees us on the verge of clinching top 5. The pressure would be greatly reduced and 3rd, 4th and 5th would go down to the end of the season.

Just win Leicester. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Granted I didn't see Saturdays match due to my brothers wedding but a debut with 3 atb and therefore less defensive responsibility and more attacking freedom seems a fair chance to me. And we still have the backup if it doesn't work out. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Some shitty knob rot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He might not even make the squad, but it’ll only be for cover I’m sure. 

I imagine with Maddison and Chilwell out and possibly Perez that we're 3 squad players down and 9 subs can be named so at least 1 academy player would be on there?

I'd imagine the wing backs will be Albrighton and Justin and either Fuchs at LCB or Bennett in at RCB and Evans or Soyuncu moving over? Would be incredible to see Thomas thrown in from the off though, Arsenal have a habit over the years of being the absolute pits when academy players are thrown in against them. 2 assists and a goal on his debut from Luke incoming.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Guys.....  We ALL know that we are starting this game with two DM's. My guess would be Ndidi and Choudhury so we may as well bitch about it now and get it out our systems. 

i hope not. there is no point going there to try and tough out a draw by stifling the game. If we have a positive attitude and set up to have a proper go at them we have a decent chance of winning it. if we go down fighting so be it but a decent display and points on the board puts all the pressure onto the chasing pack. 

Just now, urban fox said:

i hope not. there is no point going there to try and tough out a draw by stifling the game. If we have a positive attitude and set up to have a proper go at them we have a decent chance of winning it. if we go down fighting so be it but a decent display and points on the board puts all the pressure onto the chasing pack. 

I completely agree injustice have a feeling he will, he seems fond of ot every now and again.