Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arsenal v Leicester pre match thread 07/07/2020

Kasper

Evans Soy Fuchs

Justin                           Albrighton

Ndidi  Tielemans

Perez/Barnes

Nachos

Vardy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Just not two defensive midfielders Brendan! :nigel:

Oh I thought...

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyu 

Amartey Bennet

Ndidi

Tielemans Praet

Choudhury

Vardy.........After Vardy gets his 2 goals,sub for fuchs.No probs

That should do it..!!!  Cant Beat These allrounders...:bounce:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Chris Kavanagh is the referee.

:revenge:

Kavanagh makes Moss look like Collina. Always looks nervy and is generally led by the crowd as we saw at Liverpool this season when he gave them that ridiculous last minute penalty. Not to mention sending off Ndidi at Brighton when there was no contact. At least he won't have 60k Gooners putting him into pressure tomorrow but I still always worry when he's ref. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

:revenge:

Kavanagh makes Moss look like Collina. Always looks nervy and is generally led by the crowd as we saw at Liverpool this season when he gave them that ridiculous last minute penalty. Not to mention sending off Ndidi at Brighton when there was no contact. At least he won't have 60k Gooners putting him into pressure tomorrow but I still always worry when he's ref. 

the standard of refereeing is currently as poor as i have ever known it. I know the game is faster, and players are always trying to get one over the officials etc, and repeated slo-mo replays and camera angles on TV can pick out errors with the benefit of hindsight  that the ref does not have when making an on-field decision, but surely that was part of the point of VAR. it is a difficult job with little thanks but it is about time that there was some accountability, VAR should be run independently, not rotated around the current pool of refs (thereby no refs union, old mates not upsetting each other by overturning decisions etc).

All refs performances are assessed every game, but there is never any come back, or explanation as to why certain decisions are made........... The refs decision is final (subject to VAR checks for clear and obvious errors) and that is right and proper but surely there must be some way that consistency, if not the actual standard can be improved?  The majority of refs in grass roots football have all played the game at some time (many do both), yet there is no player representation (current or former) on the referees committees or adjudication panels.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Oh I thought...

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyu 

Amartey Bennet

Ndidi

Tielemans Praet

Choudhury

Vardy.........After Vardy gets his 2 goals,sub for fuchs.No probs

That should do it..!!!  Cant Beat These allrounders...:bounce:

Is that the same Amartey that’s never played under Rodgers? 

Just now, Bert said:

Is that the same Amartey that’s never played under Rodgers? 

He wasn’t being serious, he’s got Choudhury behind Vardy and Bennett at wingback lol 

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He wasn’t being serious, he’s got Choudhury behind Vardy and Bennett at wingback lol 

Wing-right-at-the-back...:whistle:

Behind the husher or Stewart and protecting the balti pies..

Edited by fuchsntf

On 04/07/2020 at 17:45, jonthefox said:

:D

B7C4BE36-BE3A-4CB5-8F41-70B861066C5B.png

There couldn’t be a more cringy photo of a football team than that.

If Brendan sets up defensively I’ll be fuming. We’re a better team than arsenal, we should be treating them as though we’re playing anyone else outside the top 4. ATTACK!

Edited by SheppyFox

I'd play 3-5-2 with

Cags, Evans, Bennett 

Justin                                       Fuchs

Ndidi Tielmans

Perez

Vardy Nacho

Think it gives us a bit more defensive security having Fuchs and Bennett in there, as first half v Everton wasn't great, an gives us 4 players to create some goal scoring opportunities, the loss in the short term of Maddison and Chilwell may turn out to be a blessing. 

4 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

If we play 3 at the back why is nobody thinking that Wes should play?

Wes’ time is finished at the top. Best he can do is playing against lower division sides in the cup or coming on with 10 minutes left to help defend with corners. 

Really really really want to win this. Arsenal feel like they’re flying and that they can win this game. Let them come at us, win the ball back and get in behind. 

kasper

bennett

soyuncu

evans

justin

fuchs

ndidi

tielemans

kelechi

vardy

Just win boys, please. Let’s enjoy the end of the season.