Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arsenal v Leicester pre match thread 07/07/2020

Praet in for Perez so we are more compact and allow Youri to push further forward.

Schmeichel

James      Evans   Soyuncu 

Albrighton       Praet   Ndidi       Chilwell

Tielemans

Iheanacho         Vardy

What a difference a win makes. Arsenal looked good against Wolves but I fancy us for this one. I liked the look of 3 at the back yesterday so wouldn't mind us giving it another go here. Madders hopefully being back fit gives us another brilliant option as well.

49 minutes ago, Goober said:

What a difference a win makes. Arsenal looked good against Wolves but I fancy us for this one. I liked the look of 3 at the back yesterday so wouldn't mind us giving it another go here. Madders hopefully being back fit gives us another brilliant option as well.

Looking at Everton, I wouldn’t expect madders to play until sheff u.  I read somewhere that this injury has been bothering him for a long while ......that’s surely can’t be the case after a three month lay off ?.

Arsenal played Wolves brilliantly so I'm not so sure about the 3-5-2 formation despite it working for us so we'll second half. I'd stick with the 4-3-3 and try to exploit the flanks as much as possible and get balls into the box. 

All this back to back, quick turn around football, whoever invented this is a genius, I love the frequency and no International breaks, lovely stuff. 

To this game;

With the potential injuries leading Rodgers selections, it's not easy to suggest an 11 and formation.

There was plenty enough from the Palace game that should should be retained.

If Ndidi and Tielemans match their levels from that game and with still room for improvement, then the midfield will be ours.

I wouldn't want the defence to change much, perhaps Fuchs starting for Chilwell if his injury keeps him out.

Then the attack, which still has options, but tricky not to see Vardy, Iheanacho and Perez (injury doubt aside) continue as they were. 

Maddison seems to work well as the "12th man" in the stands, so keep him there for now if he's not at full capacity. 

As always, we need to play the Arsenal of July 2020 and not the Arsenal legacy.

It's more even than many games we face in the Prem, but I reckon we have to fancy a win. 

15 hours ago, blurryface said:

I love using this in any argument with arsenal supporting mates. It's cheap heat but theres no comeback to it. This will never get old.

One of my Arsenal supporting mates gets really angry when this is brought up. He says that all teams do it and it had nothing to with us winning the league. I'm sure a couple of our players have come out and said that it spurred on the dressing room and they came back raring to go

Bit nervous now after their Wolves win, thought they were very good.

We need to exploit their obvious weakness in their back line, so keep Vardy and Iheanacho up top and get them playing in between and on their shoulder and force them to make mistakes, a la the Man City game.

Unfortunately - No matter how poor Arsenal play and no matter if we are exceptional / superb / out-of-this-world /totally, totally BRILLIANT - I'm afraid that (like vvs Chelsea in cup games) there is only one outcome in this match - guaranteed - as proved over the last 47 years.

3 points to The Arsenal.

13 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Unfortunately - No matter how poor Arsenal play and no matter if we are exceptional / superb / out-of-this-world /totally, totally BRILLIANT - I'm afraid that (like vvs Chelsea in cup games) there is only one outcome in this match - guaranteed - as proved over the last 47 years.

3 points to The Arsenal.

I presume you'll be down the bookies then?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FIF said:

We're back and we're gonna win big.

Keep Iheanacho, Perez and Vardy as a front 3.

Play Bennett, Evans & Soyuncu in a back 3.

Attack, Attack, attack.

Rodgers did revert the back 3 late on, he clearly isnt comfortable going away from his favoured formation, but hopefully he learns we need to change it up.

19 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Attack them, keeping two upfront, but I'd go with wingbacks.

Kasper

Justin -- Bennett -- Evans -- Soyunchu -- Albrighton/Chilwell (depends on injury)

Youri -- Ndidi -- Praet

Vardy -- Kelechi

Albrighton so much better on left, barnes wasnt bad on the right either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Arse have pulled themselves together now unfortunately!

Can't see us winning this, a point is the best we can hope for.

Luiz is due a howler or two so let's hope it's Tuesday.

Think Luiz had enough howlers in the Man City match for the whole season. He’ll never be able to handle Vardy with the confidence he’ll now have so let’s hope arteta plays him. 

2 hours ago, shailen said:

Arsenal played Wolves brilliantly so I'm not so sure about the 3-5-2 formation despite it working for us so we'll second half. I'd stick with the 4-3-3 and try to exploit the flanks as much as possible and get balls into the box. 

Balls into the box on who's head? We tried this the first 3 opening games and it didn't really work

• Like 1