Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arsenal v Leicester pre match thread 07/07/2020

11 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

just had a look, the odds seem strange. you can get decent money back on an arsenal win.  

Exactly. I've had Arsenal win and handicaps all the way up to -3. Obviously I don't wanna win but if we had a horror night I'd be making some seriously decent money. I did the same against Palace so hoping for the same result 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not won at Arsenal since 1973 lollollol

Birch and Weller in midfield with Graham Cross the tank at the back 

Looked again last draw was 0-0 at Highbury in 2000, FA Cup Fourth Round. Eadie sent off. Famously started Wenger and O'Neill on a war of words and us all chanting 'Boring, Boring Leicester' 

After that, it's 1995 when Mark Draper equalised with 12 minutes left to make it 1-1 in a throughly shite season. 

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are due a VAR decision, also due a penalty and not to be given one against us.

Chris Kavanagh is the ref. Onto the next 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Looked again last draw was 0-0 at Highbury in 2000, FA Cup Fourth Round. Eadie sent off. Famously started Wenger and O'Neill on a war of words and us all chanting 'Boring, Boring Leicester' 

After that, it's 1995 when Mark Draper equalised with 12 minutes left to make it 1-1 in a throughly shite season. 

Our only ever PL point at Arsenal 

Need to come away with at least a point, a win would be superb. Hopefully Palace can play better than they did at the weekend to keep us in third ahead of the game. 

Fear the worst as always, penalty conceded (probably handball) and a red card for someone :(

42 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Feels so predictably like a game we will lose. Brendan has to get this right. A chance for us to play on the break and get Youri moving the ball quickly. The back 4/5 have got their hands full tonight. 

Basically this. Hopefully they’ll try and get at us so will leave some spaces open

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The curse of the Emirates won’t be any different with no fans. Weirdest bunch of fans in the league as it is. 

I was wondering how much empty stadiums effected home form so I did a quick look. Granted, the sample size is only 4 match weeks (in the premier league) vs 29 match weeks before "project restart," but home form has actually improved around the league. On avg the home team took about 1.6 points out of 3 possible prior to the league's suspension, and they have taken 1.675 points on avg since the restart. 

27 minutes ago, Bert said:

Our only ever PL point at Arsenal 

Was there in the North Bank that day, the only time I came out after and wasn't in a sulk. 

Had to suffer the 6-1(i think) in that end when Henry shafted us good and proper. 

In the clock end for Sinclairs late, late show as well. 

Was never much fun when I got tickets in the Leicester end over the years either😕

There’s going to be bags of space in this game for our passing and movement to have an impact if we go at them. Of course keep the mistakes to a minimum and our defense will mop up any trouble with ease. Put luis under pressure from the get go and he’s bound to gift us a pk or free kick outside the box. Be brave be bold but be smart my foxes! The force is with you 🙏🏽 :scarf: