Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Bournemouth Match Thread

I’m a pretty calm bloke but this is one of the most difficult 45 minutes to digest I can remember. Against a team devoid of confidence and form we boss the first half, then totally give it away. I mean we have completely handed the game to Bournemouth through our collective ineptitude. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I can see the bigger picture. This is what I hate about football, how fickle fans are. Calling for Rodgers to go is honestly ridiculous and embarrassing. You obviously don’t have a very long memory if you can’t put this season into the context of our history. 

You were 14 points above Man Utd in February. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are at their lowest quality in years. You've had every opportunity at top 4 and you're blowing it hard. Unforgivable.

Think this is a serious turning point for the club.

No CL. No Europa league. Income already expected now lost.

Will lose a couple of first team players. KP struggling financially with Covid and no funds to rebuild. Rodgers off / sacked.

Championship here we come.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

People use the phrase "couldn't make it up" too often.

But you genuinely couldn't make up what's happened here. I've got that same numb feeling I had in the 0-9, but the other way.

We're in a relegation battle next season if we don't recruit well.

It is not about recruitment. It is about tactics. We have the players to do better. But we are so negative. Rodgers must have been holding his breath starting with 2 up front, and as soon as half time comes he wanted to park the bus playing both Praet and Ndidi - as I said at half time, we should have took Ndidi off instead for Praet and try to play even better attacking football and press them. Instead Rodgers chose to change formation, invited Bournemouth to attack, and created a situation where we just play boring passing at the back football again. We had Bournemouth by the neck, and instead of pressing, we let go.

Gutted that Rodgers chose to self destruct.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The players get their mentality from the manager, if the manager tells them to just sit back and preserve the lead, thats why we got what we got.

The players played much better in the first half so why would they just suddenly decide they dont care by themselves in the second? clearly its a management mistake.

He took nacho off for a midfielder which was a defensive change, so my belief is he told the team to hold onto the lead and play conservatively, this led to an onslaught of attacks on our back line.

I agree think it was the wrong decision from Brendan to bring Nacho off for a midfielder only invited pressure. 

But the meltdown was all the players doing, they’d still barely mustered a chance until schmeichel hits it 10 yards into Ndidi, we give away the pen and concede. Long ball söyüncü should’ve closed solanke down, schmeichel should’ve saved and söyüncü goes and gets himself sent off. Brendan certainly needs to take some of the blame but was mainly blaming the players for the shambles Of chucking that away 

Just now, L4EV said:

You were 14 points above Man Utd in February. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are at their lowest quality in years. You've had every opportunity at top 4 and you're blowing it hard. Unforgivable.

And lost Maddison, Ricardo and chilwell to injury. It’s not easy to cope with those losses 

That was horrible to watch should never have got to that. Got to complacent at 1-0 and taken nacho off messed the flow of he first half up. I honestly can’t see us getting any more points now and dropping to 7th. If spurs win all and we lose all even they will go above us 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Everyone can blame Rodgers for the sub but we were still cruising until Kasper **** up and since then the players have been a shambles. Something not right in the dressing room.

We weren’t cruising. Bournemouth dominated the entire half. A goal was inevitable.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Absolutely! I was fuming at half time. We were so comfortable and he’s tinkered for no reason! If he’d made that decision with 20 to go I’d understand. But honestly it’s the most baffling change I’ve seen in years

I said exactly the same thing. We had them by the neck and we chose to let go.

Could he not see that by having Nachos and numbers in attack and pressing, Bournemouth could not even get out of their own half. And then Rodgers chose to give them breathing space and let then attack. Fuming.