Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

And some people think we're Cov

Interesting that.  Cov fans are hard working ( Have had to travel miles to watch their team), suffered years of hardship as a result of owners/outside parties miss-management, but still end up with a team just a division below us now.

I beat you they'd swap our position in a heartbeat and they also probably possess a good chunk of reality with it.........

Edited by Dirkster the Fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Last 21 league games we’ve taken 24 points.

Puel was absolutely derided for our form before he was sacked. His last 21 league games yielded 23 points - and he had to deal with the fallout from the helicopter crash in that time. 

I think there’s a strong case to say that we’re no better now than we were when Puel left. And - I keep coming back to this - we’re paying our manager an absolutely elite level salary for this. We should be getting a top level performance from him and instead we’re getting no better than our most disliked manager of the last 15 years.

Isn't he the third highest paid manager in the league (reported) ?

I have read that only Pep and Mourinho are above him in terms of pay lol 

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

I think your head is firmly stuck in the sand. Forgive me with being happy to get in the top 6, something I didn’t think was possible. Forgive me for being a realist and knowing we had a really small squad in terms of quality. Never thought I would see the day leicester fans want to sack a manager when sat in 4th and having champions league qualification if we win our last home game. Yeah awful season and awful manager 😂🤣

I’ve never said i’m not happy with top 6 i’m really happy with it but there is more to it than just league position.

24 points from 21 games is very close to relegation form, its right that questions need to be asked. Its not a small blip over 5-6 games its been well over half the season. There have been no signs of consistent improvement and for a manager thats being paid as well as Rodgers is, he needs to be doing better. No ifs or buts about that. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Isn't he the third highest paid manager in the league (reported) ?

I have read that only Pep and Mourinho are above him in terms of pay lol 

He's extremely well paid. For all his talk about us doing very well to compete with clubs around us, he's done very well to get the contract he has too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Last 21 league games we’ve taken 24 points.

Puel was absolutely derided for our form before he was sacked. His last 21 league games yielded 23 points - and he had to deal with the fallout from the helicopter crash in that time. 

I think there’s a strong case to say that we’re no better now than we were when Puel left. And - I keep coming back to this - we’re paying our manager an absolutely elite level salary for this. We should be getting a top level performance from him and instead we’re getting no better than our most disliked manager of the last 15 years.

Fair points, but Puel didn't get us to a position that was very favourable. He got us heading downwards before those last 21 league games anyway.

I'm not saying Rodgers has earned the right to be this crap, far from it. But gotta look at the whole picture instead of carving out stats to suit. 

Puel was deservedly derided. There was a lot of shit he churned out and had our players playing way before he got the sack. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Come on, as much as I am really annoyed at BR so continuing to play Barnes and not playing Nacho and being quite negative, for those who are suggesting bringing back Pearson need to have a word with themselves. We are way further in our development than Pearson. We now need our players who are clearly capable (pre Dec) to actually show up. Granted we've been extremely unluckly with injuries but BR perhaps needs a bit more strength in depth. We don't really have the players to replace the first 11 to challenge for CL. 

Spot on, I posted earlier regarding dishing out contracts to club stalwarts who are past their prime. Very commendable but they take up squad places and are probably high earners, we’ve been too loyal and are paying the price now as our lack of quality replacements is obvious to see.

So aside from Pearson, if we were to seriously consider losing Rodgers, who else would you want to take over? I see a lot of criticism, some reasonably fair, without an offer of viable alternative managers.

Personally this is still a project and will still take time. While our end of season has to be a concern, we have finished higher and gained European football.

Are people suggesting that tearing everything up with a new manager and starting again with a shorter summer gap is still less damaging than trying to see if Brendan Rodgers can turn it around?

Guest ttfn
8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fair points, but Puel didn't get us to a position that was very favourable. He got us heading downwards before those last 21 league games anyway.

I'm not saying Rodgers has earned the right to be this crap, far from it. But gotta look at the whole picture instead of carving out stats to suit. 

Puel was deservedly derided. There was a lot of shit he churned out and had our players playing way before he got the sack. 

I’m not sure it’s right to say that before those last 21 league games we were heading downwards and that he’d held the players back. Puel had changed the playing style and we were sat in upper-mid table most of the season despite us losing one of the best wingers in the league that summer and it being the season after a World Cup from which several players had returned late. We had a forward-thinking centre mid (Tielemans) for 2 games under Puel and for one of them (Spurs) we played very well and in the other we got smash-and-grabbed by Palace. 

But by the end it was obvious he had to go. It takes a lot of goodwill to survive over half a season with that poor form. And Puel had none to start with. Rodgers (rightly) had plenty before

this run but surely that’s got to have worn thin by now?

The whole picture is that our league position is better than it was this time last season. But he team isn’t better, it’s trending downwards and if we carry on like this and with the added workload European football next season we will be in a relegation battle.

Edited by ttfn

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

The whole picture is that our league position is better than it was this time last season. But he team isn’t better, it’s trending downwards and if we carry on like this and with the added workload European football next season we will be in a relegation battle.

The recruitment is vital. More vital than any other season.

In order to manage both competitions (and FA Cup if we really want that, and should), we have to bring some quality in. Too many average and inconsistent players.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We played some good quick passing high tempo football when Puel first arrived, the Spurs match springs to mind but then he went all negative and had an obsession with pointless possession which ended in some of the most dreadful games I’ve ever witnessed.

As you say Rogers shouldn’t be compared to Puel, but he needs to stop

being so frightened and such a pushover in the important matches.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

So aside from Pearson, if we were to seriously consider losing Rodgers, who else would you want to take over? I see a lot of criticism, some reasonably fair, without an offer of viable alternative managers.

Personally this is still a project and will still take time. While our end of season has to be a concern, we have finished higher and gained European football.

Are people suggesting that tearing everything up with a new manager and starting again with a shorter summer gap is still less damaging than trying to see if Brendan Rodgers can turn it around?

Pochettino is still out of work and would more than likely be interested if we offered the same amount of money as we are paying Brendan. I’m playing devils advocate of course but its not all doom and gloom out there. 

I hope Rodgers turns it around but there is evidence mounting to suggest that he can’t. Again I hope i’m wrong and I hope he has a good transfer window. 

3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Marcelino 

Jardim 

Koeman 

Farve - if he leaves Dortmund 

Rose - at gladbach 

They would who I would be looking at. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I do NOT think we should sack Rodgers but anyone who says that he wasn't tactically niave today is lying to themselves. No way should THAT back 3 be playing that high against players like Son and Kane. 

What other options did he have, with injuries /suspensions? 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Pochettino is still out of work and would more than likely be interested if we offered the same amount of money as we are paying Brendan. I’m playing devils advocate of course but its not all doom and gloom out there. 

I hope Rodgers turns it around but there is evidence mounting to suggest that he can’t. Again I hope i’m wrong and I hope he has a good transfer window. 

Not being pessimistic but it’ll be Lallana, Bennett and some 18 year old defensive midfielder from Queen of the South - with one Scotland Under 18 cap deemed as one for the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Yes you can, occasionally. If you are playing amazingly and not winning week in week out then it's really not amazing. 

Did I mention anything about week in week out. The point is stats, any stats, including score, don't tell you an awful lot. Even if the trend of win/lose is that of LCFC atm it still doesn't paint a full picture.  

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We can’t sack a manager whose taken us into Europe surely..... yes we’ve been abysmal for a while now but no, there is no way he should be sacked.

We won't, as has been discussed it is too costly. As he has taken us to Europe, he deserves the chance to manage in it.

But he needs a good start to next season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The small squad is of Rodgers’ choosing. You take the rough with the smooth when you go with a small first team squad - the smooth was a well-trained first XI and squad players who knew their roles. The rough is what we’re getting now.

The small squad is also lacking in quality, that is because of FFP

If any thinks we are going to sack him after spending 9 million on getting out of Celtic and and if reports are correct his on 10 million a year with 4 years to run on his contract. 

So you are looking at 49 million down the drain if you sack him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dames said:

I’ve never said i’m not happy with top 6 i’m really happy with it but there is more to it than just league position.

24 points from 21 games is very close to relegation form, its right that questions need to be asked. Its not a small blip over 5-6 games its been well over half the season. There have been no signs of consistent improvement and for a manager thats being paid as well as Rodgers is, he needs to be doing better. No ifs or buts about that. 

What’s it got to do with how much he is being paid? I would bet you if you looked at the perm wage list for managers and squad we are punching way above our weight