Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Whats our fanbase got to do with it? We can't sack him and its not like there's gonna be any Rodgers out chants for Top to hear from the stands anytime soon

It becomes toxic very, very quickly. 

Its already started on here and social media platforms. 

Some people need to give their head a wobble.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Please can we stop posting pictures of stats? Who cares if we had 70% possession? Who cares if we had more corners? We lost by 3 goals. 

We've lost our identity, we are the new spurs. 

Unfortunately we live in an era now where people over use stats. Stats can be thrown in any direction. There's only one stats and it's the FT score.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I say a lot of you need to get a grip of yourselves wanting our Manager sacked.

• We have 5 1st team players out, 6 if you count Fuchs. 4 of them back 4 players.  To a club like Leicester, that's a big blow.

• We have a Right Back who signed from Luton Town last summer playing only his first (under 10) games in the Premiership.

• We have a Left Back playing in his second ever 1st team professional appearance

• We have to play a (now proven liability) in Bennett in the defense. Morgan is a legend, but past his best as well, at center halves.

We've ended up with these stats (should have scored 3 before they got their 2nd today), so a bit of perspective / reality needed and,

We could still finish 4th!!

image.png.f0c160a58d25f269d211f8584c1e21e9.png

Now show us the win/draw/lose, points and second half of the season league position stats please. 

Injuries, fook off, we are loaded, only people to blame for lack of squad depth/energy/appetite are the managers/coaches and morons making decisions like signing a first rate turd like Bennett and sending Bencko out on loan...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

Please can we stop posting pictures of stats? Who cares if we had 70% possession? Who cares if we had more corners? We lost by 3 goals. 

We've lost our identity, we are the new spurs. 

Utter, utter bollocks.

Sheffield United game proved the players, many 2nd choice, play for Brendan Rodgers.  Today, with many players out didn't quite happen, but at 1-0 we should have go the equalizer.

1 minute ago, Unique FC said:

I get your point and like your show of support for our manager. However why need to get a grip for wanting this manager sacked? 

Regarding injuries - Yes this is very difficult especially when have a small squad. Why did we not sign anyone in January? Why did he play Maddison at half time when 2-0 down away at Everton clearly with an injury and aggravate it further. 

Bennet - Yes a liability but Rodgers and Congerton signed him.. 

Soyuncu is a rush of blood to the head but the manner of performance stems from the manager. Starting second half negatively lead to so many mistakes. He got pushed and of course Rodgers not to blame for the red but having a negative approach and losing a winning position doesn't help. 

We were so far ahead come January, yet the style of football has completely changed. We have only really had injuries since lockdown started, and our form was equally as bad from January to start of lockdown. 

There is a right to question Rodgers for his decisions.

Half time at Bournemouth is his worst moment so far.  What he did then rightly had lots of questions to ask.

However, for me it was the response that mattered.  Against Sheffield United our team totally played for their manager, many of them second or even 3rd string players.  

Today Bennett fu**ed up, we go 1-0 down and then we should have equalized, easily being the best team in the first 30 minutes.  That's not the Managers fault.

For me I'm backing him, I'm glad we've got him as our manager and I repeat, I think some fans need a bit of a reality check.  Worst this season is 5th. Possible 4th.  Give you that in August 2019, you'd bite Brendan's hand off!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

I can categorically tell you that Leicester City fans have never sacked a manager

Fans will influence the board though. You think the owners saw people walking out on Puel and chanting "Puel out" and thought, you know what I think the fans don't want him sacked ?

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Countryfox said:

Well I got a bit of a battering there saying lockdown didn’t do us any favours ! ..   :D    But guess what ..  I still think we fared far worse  ...   for whatever reason ..   than other teams round us.  If it hadn’t have happened ..  I think we would have done better ..  that’s all .. nothing to do with what we were doing before ...  just we would have done better.  

As for Brendan ..  he’s a class act and we are lucky to have him. We are in Europe and I’m looking forward to a few away days ..  to win it would be amazing.   And who knows  ...    we might even beat Manure ..   but I think not.  

Anyway ..  my glass is half full ..  so you moaners can do one ! ...   :)

Btw ..   I didn’t watch most of the game ...   it was fookin dire and painfully depressing ..   :angry:        But I’m now standing back and taking an overview ..  :thumbup:

We won our last game before lockdown 4-0, if we'd carried that momentum into the Watford match we'd be 2 points better of now and probably a draw in the last game from the CL so you're partly right, without the break in the season Kane wouldn't have been fit and it could've been a different result.

That said , it was the same for every team.

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We're finishing 5th and got a cup semi, on paper it's mission accomplished.

I'm extremely worried though that the malaise that crept in around the Norwich game and completely ruined our season thereafter will continue into next season, compounded by a gruelling European campaign.

We've not got the squad and we've not got the quality right now, we can make signings of course, but Congerton's reputation for signings is concerning. If we look at our business last summer there are question marks on Perez and Praet who were expensive additions but have not excelled (Perez not so much as he has been played out of position), and the lack of additions in wide areas meaning we're left with an ineffective Albrighton, a wasteful Barnes and Gray.

The main worry is the manager has shown himself to be incapable of turning it round, and his evident arrogance and increasing tactical ineptness, the second half at Bournemouth may be a watershed moment in his tenure here.

Thank you. Wanted to say this but too angry to find the words.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Unfortunately we live in an era now where people over use stats. Stats can be thrown in any direction. There's only one stats and it's the FT score.

And even that doesn't tell you an awful lot, only who gets the points. A team can play amazing and lose. 

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

And even that doesn't tell you an awful lot, only who gets the points. A team can play amazing and lose. 

True. Because I don't think we played badly. I just think we were "average" and the difference was a World Class finisher.

2 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

They've not played amazing if they've lost. Points matter, playing amazing doesnt so much. Trouble is our points tally for 2020 is pathetic and our performances haven't been any better.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

We won our last game before lockdown 4-0, if we'd carried that momentum into the Watford match we'd be 2 points better of now and probably a draw in the last game from the CL so you're partly right, without the break in the season Kane wouldn't have been fit and it could've been a different result.

That said , it was the same for every team.

Sorry Webster but I’m not sure it was ...  some teams definitely got over injuries ..  we didn’t ..  and players like Pogba who were playing shite came back massively positive  ...  I’m convinced if there hadn’t have been a break we would have finished 4th minimum ..   obviously only conjecture so no one can win this argument.

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It becomes toxic very, very quickly. 

Its already started on here and social media platforms. 

Some people need to give their head a wobble.

True but don't see that having any real impact on his future here 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Whether it is different internally I don't know but I really thought Rodgers was a big time manager, someone who'd drag you to a place and be determined to stay there kicking and screaming. He seems ok with our second half of the season because we're at least 5th when we could've been 3rd and clear with potentially one cup final.

He won't be sacked, he shouldn't be sacked but he needs a strong start to next season. He won't have the safety net of the excellent start that he had this time and if Europe goes poorly that will be used against him.

A massive summer ahead in terms of recruitment and reshaping the squad. 

I doubt very much whether he is happy with the second half of the season and finishing in 5th from the place we were at. He just cant come out and admit its been the disaster it has when looked at from that perspective.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Whether it is different internally I don't know but I really thought Rodgers was a big time manager, someone who'd drag you to a place and be determined to stay there kicking and screaming. He seems ok with our second half of the season because we're at least 5th when we could've been 3rd and clear with potentially one cup final.

He won't be sacked, he shouldn't be sacked but he needs a strong start to next season. He won't have the safety net of the excellent start that he had this time and if Europe goes poorly that will be used against him.

A massive summer ahead in terms of recruitment and reshaping the squad. 

Level headed, not making excuses and speaking sense!

Edited by Matt