Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

26 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The small squad is of Rodgers’ choosing. You take the rough with the smooth when you go with a small first team squad - the smooth was a well-trained first XI and squad players who knew their roles. The rough is what we’re getting now.

It the quality of the squad thats the problem not the size..................

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Pochettino is still out of work and would more than likely be interested if we offered the same amount of money as we are paying Brendan. I’m playing devils advocate of course but its not all doom and gloom out there. 

I hope Rodgers turns it around but there is evidence mounting to suggest that he can’t. Again I hope i’m wrong and I hope he has a good transfer window. 

You don't just transfer BR's contract onto Poch's. Brendan will have his contract paid out. So not only are people advocating for the manager who's got us into the second highest finish in our history, got us into Europe, is managing one of the youngest and brightest squads we've had, at times has us playing great looking football... to be sacked but also for us to p*ss that money up the wall all the while being one of those annoying clubs who dump managers every 12 months. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Last 21 league games we’ve taken 24 points.

Puel was absolutely derided for our form before he was sacked. His last 21 league games yielded 23 points - and he had to deal with the fallout from the helicopter crash in that time. 

I think there’s a strong case to say that we’re no better now than we were when Puel left. And - I keep coming back to this - we’re paying our manager an absolutely elite level salary for this. We should be getting a top level performance from him and instead we’re getting no better than our most disliked manager of the last 15 years.

Not only that but he was also dealing with an aging squad and several big money players who weren't good enough (Silva, Slimani, Musa etc). 

Edited by Koke

I'm nowhere near the thought of sacking him. Tbh even if we spend two seasons just in top half, that's fine but on a couple of conditions

- some pragmatic changes and tactics in games. I get Brendan has his way and if that's always going to be his aim, fair enough but you have to be willing to adapt. I cringed when I saw the line-up today and just knew Spurs would counter. 

- signings that make sense. We all know by now that our owners give managers responsibility, to an extent, for moulding a team. So I want to see him sign players that work for that. A quick CB who can recover ground to ward off counter attacks or a midfielder whose job is to provide cover.

He's got a transfer window now and Europe. Those extra games WILL require him to act on those two points.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Utter, utter bollocks.

Sheffield United game proved the players, many 2nd choice, play for Brendan Rodgers.  Today, with many players out didn't quite happen, but at 1-0 we should have go the equalizer.

Half time at Bournemouth is his worst moment so far.  What he did then rightly had lots of questions to ask.

However, for me it was the response that mattered.  Against Sheffield United our team totally played for their manager, many of them second or even 3rd string players.  

Today Bennett fu**ed up, we go 1-0 down and then we should have equalized, easily being the best team in the first 30 minutes.  That's not the Managers fault.

For me I'm backing him, I'm glad we've got him as our manager and I repeat, I think some fans need a bit of a reality check.  Worst this season is 5th. Possible 4th.  Give you that in August 2019, you'd bite Brendan's hand off!!!!

I fully agree the response at Sheffield United was excellent and a brilliant performance. 

I don't expect Rodgers to work miracles with the team we currently have available, but I do blame him for the poor form and lack of foresight into signings starting January when we could have signed better players than likely want to join us now. 

We didn't play badly today, we just got punished for every defensive mistake largely from one player. Perez could have scored, maybe another as well. We had a lot of corners but we don't attack corners or threaten from them. 15+ corners today I think, I can not remember one effort on goal from any of them. It was not a bad performance just a dull one as we have been accustomed too. Jose set his team up to counter us and we struggle to break teams down. 

You are very correct I would have taken 5th when he was appointed absolutely. But the performances since January are alarming, we are 15th in the league. I dont think we are capable of turning form on and off when we want. I do fear for signings especially from Brendan and Congerton. Plus start of next season, we know arguably more than any other club that ending one season can have a huge knock on effect for the next. Peter Taylor after Wycombe didn't win another league game, we finished mid table and then relegated following season. Pearson and then Ranieri, well we know that incredible story. And now.. 

He was 5 points ahead with Liverpool with 3 games left and lost the lead, and now with us lost a 14point lead to united and far superior goal difference. There must be a reason why when we get to the business end of the season his teams falter. I fully support Leicester and whilst Brendan is our manager I am fully behind him. But I do feel we are and should be allowed to question his decisions. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not expecting him to be sacked but if you think this doesn’t carry over to next season you are mistaken. The reports were that there is no money to spend unless we get champions league, I suspect that’s not a coincidence.

Unless he can get rid of the shite out of the squad and maybe sell Chilwell for big money? 

17 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

So aside from Pearson, if we were to seriously consider losing Rodgers, who else would you want to take over? I see a lot of criticism, some reasonably fair, without an offer of viable alternative managers.

Personally this is still a project and will still take time. While our end of season has to be a concern, we have finished higher and gained European football.

Are people suggesting that tearing everything up with a new manager and starting again with a shorter summer gap is still less damaging than trying to see if Brendan Rodgers can turn it around?

Doesn’t matter who would replace him, as  the fans would want him sacked if he finished 6th next season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

What other options did he have, with injuries /suspensions? 

Injuries and suspensions made him push his backline into the opposition's half?

It's not about WHO he played but rather HOW he set them up....

• Like 1

I think the squad size and overall quality of cover is fine. 

Losing left backs 1 and 2, losiñg elite level RB and our top midfield creative force....any team would suffer. 

What's criminal is failing to make the most of his resources. 

We've three first team.level central midfielders on the bench, Iheanacho and Gray. Surely there's a way of shuffling the pack that maximises use if these players and minimising having to play Bennet, Justin and Thomas

43 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Agree that the lack of pace within the back 3 is shocking, but all goals came from horrendous errors and not tactics 

When spurs broke for the first two goals, there wasn't a single blue shirt in our half.... That's a tactical error. 

8 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

I fully agree the response at Sheffield United was excellent and a brilliant performance. 

I don't expect Rodgers to work miracles with the team we currently have available, but I do blame him for the poor form and lack of foresight into signings starting January when we could have signed better players than likely want to join us now. 

We didn't play badly today, we just got punished for every defensive mistake largely from one player. Perez could have scored, maybe another as well. We had a lot of corners but we don't attack corners or threaten from them. 15+ corners today I think, I can not remember one effort on goal from any of them. It was not a bad performance just a dull one as we have been accustomed too. Jose set his team up to counter us and we struggle to break teams down. 

You are very correct I would have taken 5th when he was appointed absolutely. But the performances since January are alarming, we are 15th in the league. I dont think we are capable of turning form on and off when we want. I do fear for signings especially from Brendan and Congerton. Plus start of next season, we know arguably more than any other club that ending one season can have a huge knock on effect for the next. Peter Taylor after Wycombe didn't win another league game, we finished mid table and then relegated following season. Pearson and then Ranieri, well we know that incredible story. And now.. 

He was 5 points ahead with Liverpool with 3 games left and lost the lead, and now with us lost a 14point lead to united and far superior goal difference. There must be a reason why when we get to the business end of the season his teams falter. I fully support Leicester and whilst Brendan is our manager I am fully behind him. But I do feel we are and should be allowed to question his decisions. 

Thank you for a reasoned response. I think a little too much emotion is on here tonight.

Its a fair point to raise, but I will add, in response to this bit though:

We are still paying/facilitating a £100 million training facility and I suspect from what I've read, we've not been flush with cash this season.

Edited by Dirkster the Fox

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

When spurs broke for the first two goals, there wasn't a single blue shirt in our half.... That's a tactical error. 

Agreed. He played a high line and we got punished. By the looks of it I think they were trying to do an offside trap. Madness.

Back 4, full backs drive forward when necessary and Ndidi drops back for cover. 

4 minutes ago, nettle said:

Unless he can get rid of the shite out of the squad and maybe sell Chilwell for big money? 

We will get £50m plus add ons for Chilwell  and then clearing the shit will be difficult in my opinion. Silva will go for a couple of million, Slimani who knows (is he free), Kapustka will have to be paid out if he isn’t free, Ghezzal will be a couple of mil max, Diabate less than a million and I can’t remember who else. Frees up wages but I suspect some of that is eaten up in the pay offs.

8 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Arguably one of the dumbest posts I've seen on here for a while and one of the reasons I prefer to stay away.

Our team has been magnificent this season. We have played superbly with some youngish players and the future looked amazing. Unfortunately with the lock down and a couple of months of inactivity, no fans and the ever growing injury list that includes 3 of our back 4 unavailable (including bans), our most creative player in Madders injured along with the experience of Fuchs and Albrighton, we have imploded. Its no ones fault but the circumstances around the lock-down. Forced to play the likes of Evans, Ndidi and Vardy in every game has had a huge effect on there performance, something that we wouldn't have to worry about in normal times.

Id go as far as saying we would have guaranteed Champs League football had it not been for the lock-down. 

To say we are no better now than under Puel just makes me feel embarrassed that this is how some of our fans think. I know many will say that we are all entitled to our opinions but when these of moronic attitudes exist, you do wonder whats in peoples deluded heads sometimes.

Yeah I mean our form between Nov/Dec to March just didn't happen did it.

photo with ostrich sticking his head in the sand - Bing Images | Ostrich  head in sand, Ostriches, Head in the sand

10 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

I'd imagine he wasn't given a lot off money!

Rodgers is a footballing idealist. I’m not sure he’s a ruthless winner.

He doesn’t often move from plan A, even when plan A seems suicidal. He doesn’t often produce teams with grit or resilience. He wants to do things his way or no way.

That worries me massively going forward.

• Like 3

Go back 3 or 4 games ago, the tactical experts on here were demanding we play 3 at the back, now it's the worse idea ever.

Every fan can pick a better team than the manager, but that team never plays so they can never be proven wrong.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

I wish I'd written that. Top post. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

So it wasn’t an error that a defender didn’t follow Kane in to his own half on the first goal? That Bennett slipped? For the second wasn’t it Thomas Miss control and giving it away that lead to the break? Then he should have took a yellow card and fouled the player. It had nothing to do with tactics, it’s individual errors. Just like against Bournemouth 

Just now, Matt said:

Yeah I mean our form between Nov/Dec to March just didn't happen did it.

photo with ostrich sticking his head in the sand - Bing Images | Ostrich  head in sand, Ostriches, Head in the sand

You do realise we are Leicester City who have sold one of our better players every season since we won the title right?

We are not as big as Arsenal and Spurs who continue to be below us in the table. We arent as big as Man Utd and Chelsea but we are almost on par with them when you look at league and cup performances this season. We are mixing it with teams that we shouldn't really be mixing it with because we have some exciting players, a top manager and recruitment largely goes well. 

Whats the problem here? Are you upset that we didnt continue the form for the whole season like it seems you think we are entitled to?!!

Some in here are on a different type of crazy level. I think the sooner life gets back to normal the sooner these types of strange entitled posts get binned.

• Like 1