Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

The question is

what is the true form

the first 12 + 18(extended new manager bounce?) or the last 20 .... 

Having heard what he said in the post match press conference with sky he said he wanted our defence to push up and squeeze them, criminal when you have a back three as slow as ours. Should have dropped off and gave themselves a few yards, that is awful tactics. 

• Like 1

We’re so weak, mentally and squad depth and completely out of ideas, too many places in the squad taken up by players who just aren’t good enough, it’s all very commendable showing loyalty to our old favourites but it’s weakening us, sometimes you have to say goodbye to players however much they’re loved.

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

Having heard what he said in the post match press conference with sky he said he wanted our defence to push up and squeeze them, criminal when you have a back three as slow as ours. Should have dropped off and gave themselves a few yards, that is awful tactics. 

He doesn't seem to have a grasp on some of the basics of the game any more. Did he fall off his chair and bang his head when offered £9mill a year? 

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Guaranteed our 2nd best finish in like 75 years, could still get champions league, small squad destroyed through injury and some fans want the manager sacked? Absolute joke 

Just a really simplistic way of looking. What about if we carry this form into next season

• Like 2

We're finishing 5th and got a cup semi, on paper it's mission accomplished.

I'm extremely worried though that the malaise that crept in around the Norwich game and completely ruined our season thereafter will continue into next season, compounded by a gruelling European campaign.

We've not got the squad and we've not got the quality right now, we can make signings of course, but Congerton's reputation for signings is concerning. If we look at our business last summer there are question marks on Perez and Praet who were expensive additions but have not excelled (Perez not so much as he has been played out of position), and the lack of additions in wide areas meaning we're left with an ineffective Albrighton, a wasteful Barnes and Gray.

The main worry is the manager has shown himself to be incapable of turning it round, and his evident arrogance and increasing tactical ineptness, the second half at Bournemouth may be a watershed moment in his tenure here.

3 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I say a lot of you need to get a grip of yourselves wanting our Manager sacked.

• We have 5 1st team players out, 6 if you count Fuchs. 4 of them back 4 players.  To a club like Leicester, that's a big blow.

• We have a Right Back who signed from Luton Town last summer playing only his first (under 10) games in the Premiership.

• We have a Left Back playing in his second ever 1st team professional appearance

• We have to play a (now proven liability) in Bennett in the defense. Morgan is a legend, but past his best as well, at center halves.

We've ended up with these stats (should have scored 3 before they got their 2nd today), so a bit of perspective / reality needed and,

We could still finish 4th!!

image.png.f0c160a58d25f269d211f8584c1e21e9.png

Totally right.  Massive sense of perspective needed from some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Please can we stop posting pictures of stats? Who cares if we had 70% possession? Who cares if we had more corners? We lost by 3 goals. 

We've lost our identity, we are the new spurs. 

Exactly, when we won the league we often won games with 30% possession, it means nothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

• We have 5 1st team players out, 6 if you count Fuchs. 4 of them back 4 players.  To a club like Leicester, that's a big blow.

• We have a Right Back who signed from Luton Town last summer playing only his first (under 10) games in the Premiership.

• We have a Left Back playing in his second ever 1st team professional appearance

• We have to play a (now proven liability) in Bennett in the defense. Morgan is a legend, but past his best as well, at center halves.

We've ended up with these stats (should have scored 3 before they got their 2nd today), so a bit of perspective / reality needed and,

I get your point and like your show of support for our manager. However why need to get a grip for wanting this manager sacked? 

Regarding injuries - Yes this is very difficult especially when have a small squad. Why did we not sign anyone in January? Why did he play Maddison at half time when 2-0 down away at Everton clearly with an injury and aggravate it further. 

Bennet - Yes a liability but Rodgers and Congerton signed him.. 

Soyuncu is a rush of blood to the head but the manner of performance stems from the manager. Starting second half negatively lead to so many mistakes. He got pushed and of course Rodgers not to blame for the red but having a negative approach and losing a winning position doesn't help. 

We were so far ahead come January, yet the style of football has completely changed. We have only really had injuries since lockdown started, and our form was equally as bad from January to start of lockdown. 

There is a right to question Rodgers for his decisions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Like with Puel, unless we have a better manager lined up, don’t sack him.

In hindsight there was no point in sacking Puel therefore I agree with you despite my frustrations.

This style is more than just the manager, it's someone within the club whether that be the owner (Who's rarely put a foot wrong and despite me naming them I don't for one minute think they want this shite), director of football, whomever but it comes from someone.

Until they wake up and realise this style isn't suited to us, or we stopped signing player suited to fast paced, attacking football/we sign players suited to it (And even then I fear i'll feel the style is still awful, boring and negative) there is no point in sacking this manager and appointing someone else who they want to implent exactly the same type of style.

I don't wanna turn into a West Ham or Derby saying we're not playing 'the Leicester way' but this is just awful shit.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Please can we stop posting pictures of stats? Who cares if we had 70% possession? Who cares if we had more corners? We lost by 3 goals. 

Bloody fool that posted those aft facts seems unaware that we won the Premiership with 30% possession.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just a really simplistic way of looking. What about if we carry this form into next season

Not really because by then those injuries hopefully would have gone. He has a small period to reset the squad. And if he's lucky he might get one or two players in. If he's the one who has mismanaged the situation since christmas then you have to give him the credit of managing us into the CL in the first place. So our final position is a fair one. Ignoring ALL the differences, be it injuries, be it a pandemic, be it how teams like ManU have benefited from this weird end season...  

10 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

A couple of years ago we'd have ripped shit out of opposition posting those stats certainly after a 3-0 loss.

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Well we are 4th and Spurs are 7th. I know what I'd prefer.

Well I got a bit of a battering there saying lockdown didn’t do us any favours ! ..   :D    But guess what ..  I still think we fared far worse  ...   for whatever reason ..   than other teams round us.  If it hadn’t have happened ..  I think we would have done better ..  that’s all .. nothing to do with what we were doing before ...  just we would have done better.  

As for Brendan ..  he’s a class act and we are lucky to have him. We are in Europe and I’m looking forward to a few away days ..  to win it would be amazing.   And who knows  ...    we might even beat Manure ..   but I think not.  

Anyway ..  my glass is half full ..  so you moaners can do one ! ...   :)

Btw ..   I didn’t watch most of the game ...   it was fookin dire and painfully depressing ..   :angry:        But I’m now standing back and taking an overview ..  :thumbup:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Then you sack him, the overall league is the whole season and anyone would of taken 5th before a ball was kicked, an who exactly would you bring in? This is a long term project to turn us into a team that is consistently finishing in the top 8, let alone the top 6 or 4, there will be setbacks along the way, I trust the owners to make the right decisions at the right times like always. 

55 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Can't wait to hear his usual insipid bollocks post match. Be great if he went Chris Wilder and ripped the shit out of Bennett

It wouldn't though. Managers shouldn't slate players in the press, they do it behind closed doors. 

Bennett was shit, he came off at HT, Rodgers probably will slate him and rightly do it between themselves.