Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Im 48 Pal, so LOL along mate its 2020!!

Im personally embarrassed that we have this type of fan base really. Im not surprised, as there will always be a percentage or two of idiots talking about our club like we are only as good as our last performance. Im guessing you are one of those who scream abuse at your own players when they give the ball away and try your best not to encourage? Im also guessing you have a Liverpool shirt on order because you like the kit design LOL?!!

Having lived through the likes of David Pleats teams and some of the dross that followed, I still got in the car with my mates and went around the country to support the team. When MON bought us trophies, it didnt change my love for the club but made me smile a tad more. Its the same when we won the league for me. It just put a bigger smile on my face. This season I have seen us play better football, we are attracting better players and better managers than my living memory. For the first time, we now have a load of players that would walk into many of the top 6 mega rich clubs.

I`ll judge them as my club on the joy they have given me as a supporter over the years and not the knee-jerk community like yourself who is attacking their own because we may finish as "low" as 5th in the league.

2020 has just got a whole lot worse than it already is, when you’re having 48 year olds posting LOL on a forum.

Anyway, I say it as it is, always have done, when the teams playing well I will say so, when the teams playing poorly I will say so. I’m not going to be positive for the sake of being positive, because recently we haven’t been producing positive performances.

What’s positive about sitting in 2nd place, having a 14 point lead and potentially blowing it, there isn’t one positive to come out of that.

The overly positive are just as bad as the overly negative, I’m sorry but I just can’t come on here and praise our league position and Brendan Rodgers, when it’s clear for all to see that mistakes have been mounting up since Christmas.

I’d like nothing more than this team to find some consistency again, what we’ve seen since Christmas though has been nothing short of disastrous, almost relegation style form, I can’t be positive when we’re seeing form like that :thumbup:

If he is kept on for next year (not saying he should be sacked before any snowflakes get upset)...he and his background team need to oversee a very important transfer window. 

I’m not overly convinced with the standard of Perez / JJ / Praet, and extending contracts for the likes of Wes/Fuchs if we want to be pushing higher up the league next season.  
And there’s a lot of deadwood that we should offload - James/Mendy/Type 2/Rachid/Slimani/Kaputska

We really need way more quality and strength in depth next season. 

35 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I want us not to bottle a healthy 14 point lead :thumbup:

Champions League football was firmly in our hands, we’ve potentially let it slip.

Is that a good thing? Is that a positive thing?

Of course not.

We've committed a Munson, we've truly munsoned a CL spot

40 minutes ago, kingfox said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

First point, using LOL on a forum, how old are you? Ten?

And let me remind you, we beat Man City last season, we took a point at Anfield last season. Do I expect to beat these teams regularly? Of course not, but I bloody hope for better, especially as we were 2nd at the time, we were brushed aside far too easily, our home performance against Liverpool was an embarrassment.

Did you see Vardy before lockdown? Ndidi has been hit and miss, but there’s been far worse performers than him recently.

And yet again another excuse... “We can’t do any tactical work as we’re playing every three days” lol  Arteta clearly did tactical work after Arsenal’s defeat against Brighton, so much so that he changed formation and results have picked up. Burnley have been in consistent form, Dyche is surely doing something right tactically. I could list other teams too. 

I would have taken 5th at the start of the season, I wouldn’t take 5th now after being 2nd in the league and bottling a 14 point gap :thumbup:

The delusional from yourself is an entertaining read though, please carry on.

We should be good little foxes and roll over for the big teams. Not like we've ever been capable of taking points from them before so why should we bother now?

4 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

If he is kept on for next year (not saying he should be sacked before any snowflakes get upset)...he and his background team need to oversee a very important transfer window. 

I’m not overly convinced with the standard of Perez / JJ / Praet, and extending contracts for the likes of Wes/Fuchs if we want to be pushing higher up the league next season.  
And there’s a lot of deadwood that we should offload - James/Mendy/Type 2/Rachid/Slimani/Kaputska

Type 2 lollollol 

Let's not kid ourselves here, the team is nowhere near teams like Man City and Liverpool when it comes to talent and even those two teams get knocked out from Cup competitions and lose games to much inferior teams.

Are teams now not allowed to lose games or go on a bad spell?

I get it, it is frustrating but those are growing pains. A team doesn't transform to a top-4 club overnight (unless you inject huge amounts of cash which the owners didn't)

It is for the better, it is more organic.  Slowly but surely with the right management and ownership, they can build a top team for many years to come.

Relax. Plus, what's wrong with Europa league. It is still a prestigious competition and the odds of winning it are high.

• Like 3

The start of the season would achieving European football have been a success, and maybe even champions league.

Rodgers was getting praise from everyone at the start of the season, and did amazing things with an average squad, and a decent starting 11, who he has had to rely on due to poor options in reserve.

He’s not become a shit manager over night, and he now knows which players he can trust to follow instructions, the players who are right for him, and which players clearly need to move on, as we all know we have a lot of shite on big money here, which is affecting our ability to buy, not due to fees but a massive wage bill under the ffp rules.

I have no doubt he will have a clear out, but young talented players, yes all might not work out, but we haven’t got a solid recent history in the transfer market, and with a stronger squad, he will be more consistent results wise, and maybe improve on a great league position with a cup, maybe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milo said:

So you think our form and results since Christmas are solely down to individual errors?

59 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Yep I do.  Believe we have an amazing manager that is trying to build something over 4 to 5 years and find away of competing with the big 6. But sitting 4th and having it in our own hands is awful, shocking, how didn’t we not win the league 😂🤣😂🤣

look at the games we have thrown away, all stupid individual errors and giving the ball away in very bad positions. If you think it’s not errors and all about tactics that’s your opinion, but mine is what I see and I see errors that lead to goals, also see bad decision making in the final 3rd. But I kind of expect that with a young team. 

31 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Yep that is what I said and that’s my opinion and I am aloud my opinion. It’s a young squad and they switch off at times or make the wrong decision. I will be gutted if we finish 5th based on how far clear we were, but at the same time it would have exceeded my expectations for the season. As I knew we would be inconsistent. 

But that is clearly not what you said.

You said that the form and results were solely down to individual errors. 

Of course you are allowed your opinion - but to state that the poor results since Christmas are nothing to with the manager and everything to do with the players is a bit of an odd opinion, imo.  

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

He feeds into this group's mentality. He has allowed some of these players to be a soft touch.

You only need to look for what he said about Man City's FFP ban (nothing). What he says about referee decisions. How he reacts on the sidelines.

He isn't a dirty manager. Everything about the way he operates is clean and nice and fancy and looks great when it's going our way. But it doesn't work for a whole season because good teams have grit and aggression and can win dirty too.

He needs to sign genuine winners, leaders, players who have played at big clubs. He needs players like Lallana, or he needs to find a way to get it out of this current bunch.

Look at the Mourinho clip doing the rounds. You have to be c****. Not stupid c****, intelligent c****. The ones that are in this team - Vardy, Schmeichel, possibly Tielemans - have been our best players when the going gets tough, and that's no surprise.

They are every bit the Spurs team of the Pochettino era, or the Rodgers Liverpool side. It's a mentality thing and Rodgers has to look back on what made him win at Celtic, and how to transfer that mentality here. Because otherwise, we're going to have the same kind of season next year.

..you don't need any kind of great leadership skills to achieve what he has at Celtic.

The best players gravitated to the club, poor competition from the rest of the league.

Neil Lennon has been drafted back in after failing at Bolton and getting sacked. He won the league prior to Rodgers tenure and looks to be on the verge of winning the league once again.

The Celtic job, has only served to maintain an image and with a reputation apparently built on sand.

I think people need to forget finishing higher up or aiming for champions league next season.

Even if we'd got top 4 this season, this was our big chance. 

I can't even put together a scenario where we add 4 or 5 quality signings, keep our big players and be better than 6 other sides let alone 4. 

Mourinho on Rodgers 

I think it was an intelligent performance," he said. "I knew that for them to play with this back five is not a very comfortable situation. I want to be honest with Brendan. I don't remember someone was so honest with me when I was playing without a striker, but I want to be honest with Brendan and it's easy to analyse that to play without Ricardo Pereira, Soyuncu and Chilwell destroys a backline

So we decided to take away from them where they can hurt us, which is basically behind us. We took away from them our defensive depth by making our defensive block a little bit lower than we normally do.

"Then we gave the ball to them, to their back three because we wanted them to bring the ball and we wanted them to feel quite comfortable, leaving their comfort zone, which is where they are not playing many matches

• Like 1

I've said this in another thread, but I'll say it again. 

We have a very good first XI which on song will rip teams to shreds. As witnessed earlier in the season, but take one or two out of that first XI then we struggle.

Rodgers can see that but he can't really do much about it because right now our first XI is decimated and our bench offers very little. We are trying to find a formation that works but we have no time between games to work on it. Next season, whatever it brings is going to be equally disrupted because we have little time to prepare.

Rodgers has not covered himself in glory since New Year, but he has been hampered by factors outside his control. If our results were spread evenly through the season we would be hailing it as a great season. 

The Bournemouth game was horrendous, but that was mistake compounded by mistake compounded by mistake. That game is the one we will look back on and go what if. What Rodgers needs to do is make sure it is Deeney day and not a Wycombe. I back him to do it, but it will need time and patience.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

Last 21 league games we’ve taken 24 points.

Puel was absolutely derided for our form before he was sacked. His last 21 league games yielded 23 points - and he had to deal with the fallout from the helicopter crash in that time. 

I think there’s a strong case to say that we’re no better now than we were when Puel left. And - I keep coming back to this - we’re paying our manager an absolutely elite level salary for this. We should be getting a top level performance from him and instead we’re getting no better than our most disliked manager of the last 15 years.

24 points from 21 games? That is criminal. It's literally relegation form for more than half a season.

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Did you expect them to hit a massive wall like this though? Of course you didn’t.

Saying Vardy hit a dry spot is a bit kind, it was worse than that and the most worrying thing from it all, was the fact he was looking like the player we saw under Puel, isolated. 

Are you happy just to brush a 14 point gap under the carpet? There’s no positives to come out of the last 5-6 months.

Brendan has made crucial mistakes, that have played their part in blowing a 14 point lead.

Are you just going to brush his mistakes under the carpet like others have, just because we’ve secured European Football?

Yeah, but it's still Vardy, I'm allowed to be kind. Without him god only knows where we'd have finished, kelechi isn't going to match his goals tally any time soon. 

Obviously I'm annoyed we've dropped so many points, I can't imagine there's a city fan who isn't. It's just a matter of managing that frustration by seeing the bigger picture (as you pointed out). I'd hate to see us be one of those clubs who dump managers every 12 months, let alone a manager who got us into Europe, and into 5th above Spurs and Arsenal. We all know/recognize he's made mistakes it's just a matter of keeping it all in perspective. The most I hope is he learns from this and takes it into next season. That goes for the whole team. And the players who don't really want to be here and have been happy to take their foot off the gas should go (for as much ££££ as possible) so we can build. The reality is at this moment in time, man for man, we're not as good as ManC, ManU, Liverpool even Chelsea if the pundits like to make out Lampard has managed a bunch of youth players, many of them won the league a couple of seasons ago (hell one won it with us). This team needs to develop still, we need depth and we need consistent goal scorers to compete. So still being in the mix is pretty good.  

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

But that is clearly not what you said.

You said that the form and results were solely down to individual errors. 

Of course you are allowed your opinion - but to state that the poor results since Christmas are nothing to with the manager and everything to do with the players is a bit of an odd opinion, imo.  

I think I’ve clearly stated that individual errors have cost us, so not sure what you are getting at to be honest. And if you find my opinion odd then that’s fine and that’s your opinion. 

so tell me all the errors he has made? 

10 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I do agree with you that we need some new quality players now that we are playing in Europe next season maybe we can entice a few to come to us along with our new state of the art Training facility about to open, I think we need to keep Gray at least another year he is improving and is coming up with important goals now and then but I feel he will get better maybe increase his contract send him on loan for 6 month for regular first team football?

We do need to sell the ones that haven’t worked out for us Slimani,Silva, Rachid etc bit think we haven’t really tested Kaputska and we do have some quality youngsters coming through the ranks, Luke Thomas has been thrown in and I don’t feel he has done himself any harm in fact he’s been pretty solid when called upon?

its totally frustrating our high position in the league since September we’ve had some amazing performances and a few flukes on the way we’ve been a bit spoiled being 3rd for so long, Yes maybe we have been hit bad of late by injuries but this is where the ones on the bench looking at the likes of Madders & Chilwell have and should perform to the best possible standard to show Rodgers they have the quality to be in the team but some have been rather disappointing yes I’m a bit pi55ed we may have lost our chance of CL football next season with some poor & diabolical performances but on the other hand we’re still venturing into Europe next season in the Europa League.

Now we need to hope for a few results to go our way in the coming week and try and take the 3 points from VARchester Utd next weekend and maybe we might just take a CL place?

But what we have shown we haven’t got too much quality in and we need to rebuild a few places in the Summer let’s hope Brendan can bring in the right players to keep us in the places we have been accustomed to and keep us in the chase on a regular top 5 spot in the PL?

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

I think I’ve clearly stated that individual errors have cost us, so not sure what you are getting at to be honest. And if you find my opinion odd then that’s fine and that’s your opinion. 

so tell me all the errors he has made? 

Mate, I've not had the pleasure of interacting with you previously. 

As I've mentioned earlier, please feel free to re-read the posts in this thread for clarification. 

You clearly stated that the reason for our poor form since Christmas was solely down to individual errors, therefore absolving the manager of any responsibility for the downturn.

I disagreed.

That's all.

(You're not related to Toddy, are you?)

A club like ours are two (possibly even one) bad management appointment away from relegation so I hope calling for his head bear that in mind.

Think Rodgers deserves a transfer window and a decent run next season in the premier league and europa league.

Also, we have little to no squad depth in comparison to the bigger teams, at least thats something we know for a fact now rather than it being too late next season.