Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, bramblator said:

I don't care what anyone calls me for this, we need Nigel Pearson to take us back to the football that we play best and some discipline, and now he's available...

That’s extremely fortunate

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Having heard what he said in the post match press conference with sky he said he wanted our defence to push up and squeeze them, criminal when you have a back three as slow as ours. Should have dropped off and gave themselves a few yards, that is awful tactics. 

Unbelievable comments. Does he really believe our back 3 are going to beat any Spurs forwards in a foot race. Pressure seems to have got to him, with his muddled tactics 2nd half against Bournemouth and today. 

Edited by sm1

14 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Now show us the win/draw/lose, points and second half of the season league position stats please. 

Injuries, fook off, we are loaded, only people to blame for lack of squad depth/energy/appetite are the managers/coaches and morons making decisions like signing a first rate turd like Bennett and sending Bencko out on loan...

And FFP and a new training ground and a new stadium expansion. We are currently 4th in the premiere league, we finished 20 points off 6th last season. As disappointing as it will be to have thrown away the top 4 if we finish 5th, it is still better than anyone would have expected at the start of the season

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bramblator said:

I don't care what anyone calls me for this, we need Nigel Pearson to take us back to the football that we play best and some discipline, and now he's available...

Good job you don't care. I won't, but get ready for some responses to this lol 

You realise Pearson had us bottom of the league for a lot of the season he was in charge in the PL?

7 minutes ago, bramblator said:

Director of football. 

Get him back to what he does best. Sorting out Leicester City.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bramblator said:

But by all accounts it was Cambiasso calling the shots that changed the way we played, which eventually kept us up.

All 3 goals were very similar with lack of closing down and covering on the right side of the defence.We know Kane likes playing against us and if you give him room he can be world class.

We have really missed Ricardo but need a quality defender not to mention a winger and striker before the start of the new season . I'm worried that this poor form will spill into the new season and Rodgers will come under immediate pressure.I was disappointed that we didn't strengthen in January but need 3 or 4 during the summer and we cannot afford to lose our best players either.

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Unbelievable comments really. Does he really believe our back 3 are going to beat any Spurs forwards in a foot race. Pressure seems to have got to him, with his muddled tactics 2nd half against Bournemouth and today. 

Yet another game where he's been completely out thought by a top manager. He's certainly not in that bracket yet.

• Like 1

I do NOT think we should sack Rodgers but anyone who says that he wasn't tactically niave today is lying to themselves. No way should THAT back 3 be playing that high against players like Son and Kane. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

But it isn’t next season? 

There is going to be a much shorter break between seasons. In reality the 4 months off should have been used to turn this around but Brendans arrogance and lack of tactical awareness and foresight has wasted that opportunity. The short turn around between this season and next is only going to hinder us. 

On paper we’d have all jumped at finishing 5th this season but the reality is that a good league position doesn’t paper over the cracks that have been appearing for a while. The form we are in now and the decisions that are happening tactically are as bad as they were under the worst of Puel. People should not be criticised and called entitled/deluded or whatever when we rightfully question why the team has collapsed in such a fashion and such a golden opportunity has been squandered. It wasn’t even a maybe, we had a 14 point head start and still blew it, its unacceptable and it needs to be challenged and addressed.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I do NOT think we should sack Rodgers but anyone who says that he wasn't tactically niave today is lying to themselves. No way should THAT back 3 be playing that high against players like Son and Kane. 

Agree that the lack of pace within the back 3 is shocking, but all goals came from horrendous errors and not tactics 

15 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

They've not played amazing if they've lost. Points matter, playing amazing doesnt so much. Trouble is our points tally for 2020 is pathetic and our performances haven't been any better.

Of course you can play amazing and lose. Are we just going to ignore the opposition? 

Edited by Hoopla10

Just now, Dames said:

There is going to be a much shorter break between seasons. In reality the 4 months off should have been used to turn this around but Brendans arrogance and lack of tactical awareness and foresight has wasted that opportunity. The short turn around between this season and next is only going to hinder us. 

On paper we’d have all jumped at finishing 5th this season but the reality is that a good league position doesn’t paper over the cracks that have been appearing for a while. The form we are in now and the decisions that are happening tactically are as bad as they were under the worst of Puel. People should not be criticised and called entitled/deluded or whatever when we rightfully question why the team has collapsed in such a fashion and such a golden opportunity has been squandered. It wasn’t even a maybe, we had a 14 point head start and still blew it, its unacceptable and it needs to be challenged and addressed.  

What cracks? A small squad struggling with form and injurys? Let’s worry about next season next season and actually we could still be playing champs league next year. So let’s finish 4th and then sack our manager 😂🤣

7 minutes ago, bramblator said:

Those people saying Rodgers should go and we need Pearson back because of the awful 2nd half of the season have clearly forgotten what we were like in the 2012/13 season when we got ourselves into a comfortable position for promotion then only won 2 games in 16 the second half the season!

What happened thr season after was special, promoted with record breaking points, which is why if given time Rodgers will take us to our second premier league title next season! Keep the faith, its written in the stars! 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

What cracks? A small squad struggling with form and injurys? Let’s worry about next season next season and actually we could still be playing champs league next year. So let’s finish 4th and then sack our manager 😂🤣

Completely missed the point and your head is entirely in the sand. 

We were awful before the injuries, there are no excuses at all no matter how much you try to dress it up. The team and the manager have completely collapsed and have folded at every slight sign of pressure. Questions rightfully are going to be asked. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Completely missed the point and your head is entirely in the sand. 

We were awful before the injuries, there are no excuses at all no matter how much you try to dress it up. The team and the manager have completely collapsed and have folded at every slight sign of pressure. Questions rightfully are going to be asked. 

I think your head is firmly stuck in the sand. Forgive me with being happy to get in the top 6, something I didn’t think was possible. Forgive me for being a realist and knowing we had a really small squad in terms of quality. Never thought I would see the day leicester fans want to sack a manager when sat in 4th and having champions league qualification if we win our last home game. Yeah awful season and awful manager 😂🤣

• Like 2

Guest ttfn

Last 21 league games we’ve taken 24 points.

Puel was absolutely derided for our form before he was sacked. His last 21 league games yielded 23 points - and he had to deal with the fallout from the helicopter crash in that time. 

I think there’s a strong case to say that we’re no better now than we were when Puel left. And - I keep coming back to this - we’re paying our manager an absolutely elite level salary for this. We should be getting a top level performance from him and instead we’re getting no better than our most disliked manager of the last 15 years.

Guest ttfn
9 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

The small squad is of Rodgers’ choosing. You take the rough with the smooth when you go with a small first team squad - the smooth was a well-trained first XI and squad players who knew their roles. The rough is what we’re getting now.

Edited by ttfn

8 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Of course you can play amazing and lose. Are we just going to ignore the opposition? 

Yes you can, occasionally. If you are playing amazingly and not winning week in week out then it's really not amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

I think your head is firmly stuck in the sand. Forgive me with being happy to get in the top 6, something I didn’t think was possible. Forgive me for being a realist and knowing we had a really small squad in terms of quality. Never thought I would see the day leicester fans want to sack a manager when sat in 4th and having champions league qualification if we win our last home game. Yeah awful season and awful manager 😂🤣

How dare you :appl:

Come on, as much as I am really annoyed at BR so continuing to play Barnes and not playing Nacho and being quite negative, for those who are suggesting bringing back Pearson need to have a word with themselves. We are way further in our development than Pearson. We now need our players who are clearly capable (pre Dec) to actually show up. Granted we've been extremely unluckly with injuries but BR perhaps needs a bit more strength in depth. We don't really have the players to replace the first 11 to challenge for CL. 

I worked up in Middlesborough last week and was speaking to a die hard fan. They’ve got it bad, we were talking about the era when they good with the likes of ravinelli. It made me put things into perspective after telling him of my disappointment with our form post lockdown and him saying we’d swap places all day long. He said you are Europe FFS.

I am hurting bad right now and I know it’s not over quite yet but we could be sat Warnock at the helm.

13 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Last 21 league games we’ve taken 24 points.

Puel was absolutely derided for our form before he was sacked. His last 21 league games yielded 23 points - and he had to deal with the fallout from the helicopter crash in that time. 

I think there’s a strong case to say that we’re no better now than we were when Puel left. And - I keep coming back to this - we’re paying our manager an absolutely elite level salary for this. We should be getting a top level performance from him and instead we’re getting no better than our most disliked manager of the last 15 years.

BuT wE'rE 4tH!!!!!!!!!!!!!2333!111 (Likely 5th)

Edited by Matt