Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

42 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Lockdown didn’t do us any favours Col and we have a slim squad ...   if we had had this type of injury problem a few years ago we wouldn’t have won the league ..

We've been inconsistent since Norwich H in December. We were poor that day and since then haven't recovered, that's on top of getting dumped out of the League Cup by the worse side that was in it at that point.

So it goes further back than lockdown.

Agree about our injuries though. I take Col's point that Burnley have had some, and coped well, but look at teams in our position (around us) if they lose three key players than they're ****ed too (apart from Liverpool and Man City). I am worried that Rodgers has said that he likes to work with a smaller squad.

31 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Today was crying out for the much maligned Wilf/mendy combo. 

We know the limitations of that but given our defence had to be considered surely.

I dunno, if we'd have lost which I think we'd have done anyway we'd just be saying why didn't BR go for it. This was lost way before today's game and that's that

• Like 1

Rogers has a lot to explain for his part in the decline but not sure how he could have prevented those individual mistakes today From Thomas, Evans and Bennett.

loris making world class saves and kasper not quite equal to him and needed a little luck for the goals that didn’t happen

• Like 1

Just now, pazzerfox said:

We were beaten convincingly by a Spurs team that didn't look enamoured with playing counter attacking football and generally didn't get out of 3rd gear.  We are 5 or 6 short i'm afraid.

Yeah all the players that are injured are the 5/6 that we need. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Rogers has a lot to explain for his part in the decline but not sure how he could have prevented those individual mistakes today From Thomas, Evans and Bennett.

loris making world class saves and kasper not quite equal to him and needed a little luck for the goals that didn’t happen

Don’t  play a high defensive line with Wes and Bennett ffs

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

1 minute ago, Foxes1 said:

Did nothing at Derby, nothing at Leuven and nothing at Watford and as soon as Hull came caiingthe first time he cleared off

Wrong. The owners were showing Sousa around behind his back.

Anyway, it was a joke. Of course he doesn't really want Pearson back.

im still not totally sure of BR, the form and performances since the turn of the year have been mostly crap,

his tactical decisions too have to be called into question as well,even more so after the Bournemouth game and not even holding his hands up to admit he was a part of the cause of that 2nd half crap-fest

can easily see him being sacked by November time if we are like 16/17 in the league

1 minute ago, Foxes1 said:

Did nothing at Derby, nothing at Leuven and nothing at Watford and as soon as Hull came caiingthe first time he cleared off

Nothing at Watford?

Are you sure?

This is the form table since his appointment there.

image.thumb.png.9c4ab601e1452a66a07158433ae62682.png

I wouldn't call that 'doing nothing' as they were rock bottom with 8 points after 15 games...

• Like 1