Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Go back 3 or 4 games ago, the tactical experts on here were demanding we play 3 at the back, now it's the worse idea ever.

Every fan can pick a better team than the manager, but that team never plays so they can never be proven wrong.

You don’t play a high line with those three centre halves. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Arguably one of the dumbest posts I've seen on here for a while and one of the reasons I prefer to stay away.

Our team has been magnificent this season. We have played superbly with some youngish players and the future looked amazing. Unfortunately with the lock down and a couple of months of inactivity, no fans and the ever growing injury list that includes 3 of our back 4 unavailable (including bans), our most creative player in Madders injured along with the experience of Fuchs and Albrighton, we have imploded. Its no ones fault but the circumstances around the lock-down. Forced to play the likes of Evans, Ndidi and Vardy in every game has had a huge effect on there performance, something that we wouldn't have to worry about in normal times.

Id go as far as saying we would have guaranteed Champs League football had it not been for the lock-down. 

To say we are no better now than under Puel just makes me feel embarrassed that this is how some of our fans think. I know many will say that we are all entitled to our opinions but when these of moronic attitudes exist, you do wonder whats in peoples deluded heads sometimes.

One of the dumbest posts I’ve seen on here for a while.

Stop making up excuses, lockdown, no fans, injuries is the reason we’ve imploded? Absolute bollocks.

We were imploding before lockdown, this all started around Christmas after getting spanked by Man City and Liverpool, plus we had a shocking home performance against Norwich, this poor run has all stemmed from there.

We haven’t been magnificent, we’ve been inconsistent, you can’t call a team who has picked up 24 points in 21 games as magnificent.

We’ve potentially bottled a terrific opportunity at Champions League football, something we may never have the chance at again for a good while.

We started like a house on fire, yet as the season has progressed, those flames have slowly been extinguished. 

Regardless if we’re 4th, these problems have mounted since Christmas, Rodgers has made many mistakes that we shouldn’t just brush under the carpet.

Get your head out his arse and look at the bigger picture, why have we fvcked up so bad? And it’s most definitely not because of lockdown.

Brendan has an ego as we all know and it will be bruised after this if we fail to get Top 4. I think he has little leeway in terms of moving on especially since there are no obvious vacancies in clubs he would see as a step up. Well, other than Watford. 😉

He will stay if given the chance. If we keep him, and despite the likely huge disappointment next week, he needs to learn tactically, so thing that has seemed largely beyond him on the big occasion. 

6 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Thank you for a reasoned response. I think a little too much emotion is on here tonight.

Its a fair point to raise, but I will add, in response to this bit though:

We are still paying/facilitating a £100 million training facility and I suspect from what I've read, we've not been flush with cash this season.

The training ground is going to be one of the best in the world from what I have read, and with this a higher calibre of player is more likely to want to join. Undoubtably that is superb for our club. 

However as we know we put a lot of money into Walkers stadium (at that time) from Filbert street and not the starting 11 and got relegated. Do you go for a long term asset or put towards better quality players. 

Its a tough one.. I would always go for players, but then we know it is easy to get that wrong and you end up with nothing. Our owners are very calculated and have done superbly with our club since their arrival. Thankfully I don't have to make any of these decisions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

So it wasn’t an error that a defender didn’t follow Kane in to his own half on the first goal? That Bennett slipped? For the second wasn’t it Thomas Miss control and giving it away that lead to the break? Then he should have took a yellow card and fouled the player. It had nothing to do with tactics, it’s individual errors. Just like against Bournemouth 

So you think our form and results since Christmas are solely down to individual errors?

3 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

So it wasn’t an error that a defender didn’t follow Kane in to his own half on the first goal? That Bennett slipped? For the second wasn’t it Thomas Miss control and giving it away that lead to the break? Then he should have took a yellow card and fouled the player. It had nothing to do with tactics, it’s individual errors. Just like against Bournemouth 

A defender DID follow Kane in, it was that same defender that the ball hit and went in. 

If Bennett wasn't chasing Kane and had him in front of him, there is a chance he wouldn't have slipped.... 

Ofcourse there was errors but the first one came before the players went on to the field. 

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd imagine he wasn't given a lot off money!

I am sure you are very correct with this. Just a huge shame as we had a brilliant opportunity to improve starting 11 with one or 2 decent players and really go for champions league instead of settle and try and limp over the line. 

Just now, Blue-fox said:

You don’t play a high line with those three centre halves. 

I think we caught Kane offside twice and Son once when they were through on goal. if Harvey Barnes hadn't tracked back either the first or second goal (I can't remember which) would have been offside.

This "high line" thing has just become a buzz word. We lost against a world class attack with a depleted defence. Nobody is happy about it but it happens.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Milo said:

Is it?

How so?

Because we can’t spend the money and wages to compete at the same level as the traditional big 6. Not rocket science is it? We don’t earn the money they do, so we have to use a different model. If you believe we can have 11 back up players full of quality and on £150k a week then that’s fine. Let’s forget the training ground and the future stadium expansion. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Brendan has an ego as we all know and it will be bruised after this if we fail to get Top 4. I think he has little leeway in terms of moving on especially since there are no obvious vacancies in clubs he would see as a step up. Well, other than Watford. 😉

He will stay if given the chance. If we keep him, and despite the likely huge disappointment next week, he needs to learn tactically, so thing that has seemed largely beyond him on the big occasion. 

He'll try and sweet talk the Saudis at Newcastle.

£30m compensation to little Leicester. 

It's the economy stupid:D

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

You do realise we are Leicester City who have sold one of our better players every season since we won the title right?

We are not as big as Arsenal and Spurs who continue to be below us in the table. We arent as big as Man Utd and Chelsea but we are almost on par with them when you look at league and cup performances this season. We are mixing it with teams that we shouldn't really be mixing it with because we have some exciting players, a top manager and recruitment largely goes well. 

Whats the problem here? Are you upset that we didnt continue the form for the whole season like it seems you think we are entitled to?!!

Some in here are on a different type of crazy level. I think the sooner life gets back to normal the sooner these types of strange entitled posts get binned.

As i've said many a time, it's about performances (Lack of) and negative, boring sideways and backwards football. I had these problems under Puel and little has changed with Rodgers (Ok, harsh - we're ever so slightly more positive under Rodgers).

You do realise we're above Arsenal, Spurs, and Man Utd (Albeit soon to overtake us because of a turn around and upturn in form) because the league is poor overall don't you?

There is no way I expect to be where we are and there is no way in any other season we would be where we are or deserve to be - I think that's being honest, far from being entitled.

09/10 - You needed 70 points for 4th/67 point for 5th.

10/11 - You needed 68 for 4th/62 for 5th.

11/12 - You needed 69 for 4th/65 for 5th.

12/13 - You needed 73 for 4th/72 for 5th.

13/14 - You needed 79 for 4th/72 for 5th.

14/15 - You needed 70 for 4th/64 for 5th

15/16 - You needed 66 for 4th/66 for 5th.

16/17 - You needed 76 for 4th/75 for 5th.

17/18 - You needed 75 for 4th/70 for 5th.

18/19 - You needed 71 for 4th/70 for 5th.

This season - You're going to need 65 for 4th/62 for 4th. The lowest points total in the last 10 years. Take nothing away from the points we've acheived but it's pointing towards the quality being lower, likewise you won't need the traditional '40 points' to stay up. As I say in any other season we would not nor deserve to be (Or 'expect) to be where we are, this is all aside from my real bugbear, that is to do with style of play.

Regardless of all of this are you've literally swept Nov/Dec to Marchs form under the carpet.

Edited by Matt

Guest ttfn
19 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Arguably one of the dumbest posts I've seen on here for a while and one of the reasons I prefer to stay away.

Our team has been magnificent this season. We have played superbly with some youngish players and the future looked amazing. Unfortunately with the lock down and a couple of months of inactivity, no fans and the ever growing injury list that includes 3 of our back 4 unavailable (including bans), our most creative player in Madders injured along with the experience of Fuchs and Albrighton, we have imploded. Its no ones fault but the circumstances around the lock-down. Forced to play the likes of Evans, Ndidi and Vardy in every game has had a huge effect on there performance, something that we wouldn't have to worry about in normal times.

Id go as far as saying we would have guaranteed Champs League football had it not been for the lock-down. 

To say we are no better now than under Puel just makes me feel embarrassed that this is how some of our fans think. I know many will say that we are all entitled to our opinions but when these of moronic attitudes exist, you do wonder whats in peoples deluded heads sometimes.

Well firstly thank you for engaging in such a thoughtful and respectful response.

Secondly, the facts speak for themselves. We are not better than we were under Puel and haven’t been for half a season now. We were (much) better for the first half of the season and Rodgers rightly gained plaudits - plaudits he would have deserved had we taken even 10 fewer points in the first 16 games.

For a spell we were better under Rodgers than under almost any manager we’ve had in the last 50 years. But right now - and for half a season (the idea that this is a post-lockdown thing is so preposterous I don’t even know where to start) - we’re as bad as we were under a manager almost nobody liked despite having a better squad and a lot more goodwill. This is self-evident whatever the reasons.

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

So you think our form and results since Christmas are solely down to individual errors?

Yep I do.  Believe we have an amazing manager that is trying to build something over 4 to 5 years and find away of competing with the big 6. But sitting 4th and having it in our own hands is awful, shocking, how didn’t we not win the league 😂🤣😂🤣

look at the games we have thrown away, all stupid individual errors and giving the ball away in very bad positions. If you think it’s not errors and all about tactics that’s your opinion, but mine is what I see and I see errors that lead to goals, also see bad decision making in the final 3rd. But I kind of expect that with a young team. 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Stop making up excuses, lockdown, no fans, injuries is the reason we’ve imploded? Absolute bollocks.

We were imploding before lockdown, this all started around Christmas after getting spanked by Man City and Liverpool, plus we had a shocking home performance against Norwich, this poor run has all stemmed from there.

We haven’t been magnificent, we’ve been inconsistent, you can’t call a team who has picked up 24 points in 21 games as magnificent.

We’ve potentially bottled a terrific opportunity at Champions League football, something we may never have the chance at again for a good while.

We started like a house on fire, yet as the season has progressed, those flames have slowly been extinguished. 

Regardless if we’re 4th, these problems have mounted since Christmas, Rodgers has made many mistakes that we shouldn’t just brush under the carpet.

Get your head out his arse and look at the bigger picture, why have we fvcked up so bad? And it’s most definitely not because of lockdown.

I rest my case your honour!! 

Because you have stated its not because of lockdown, it must be the truth LOL!! Also LOL at "getting spanked by Man City and Liverpool" comment. It sounds like you have convinced yourself we should be mixing it with teams like this?!!! Incredible stuff.

Have you not seen Evans, Ndidi and Vardy in recent games? I have seen more errors from Ndidi and Evans since lockdown that I have since they joined. Vardy cant do the running he normally does either. We cant do any tactical work as we are playing every three days.

Youc an judge the season over 5, 10 or 20 games, I prefer to look at where we are when the season finishes. I would have taken 5th all day at the start of the season, especially when you told me that we would be finishing above Spurs, Arsenal and Wolves along the way.

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

A defender DID follow Kane in, it was that same defender that the ball hit and went in. 

If Bennett wasn't chasing Kane and had him in front of him, there is a chance he wouldn't have slipped.... 

Ofcourse there was errors but the first one came before the players went on to the field. 

Bennet was not near Kane on the first goal, Kane ran half way in to his own half, all on his own and then played a ball to put son through, his shit was going wide and we had about 5  players in the box and unfortunatly it took a wicked deflection. And also Bennett slipped as just like the third goal he let the strikers cut inside him and lost his footing, so yeah awful defending 

8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Hey Kingfox, as you say "Regardless if we're 4th".

Are you for real.........so what exactly do you want????

Win the Premier League every year, or in your world, its a complete failure?

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Well firstly thank you for engaging in such a thoughtful and respectful response.

Secondly, the facts speak for themselves. We are not better than we were under Puel and haven’t been for half a season now. We were (much) better for the first half of the season and Rodgers rightly gained plaudits - plaudits he would have deserved had we taken even 10 fewer points in the first 16 games.

For a spell we were better under Rodgers than under almost any manager we’ve had in the last 50 years. But right now - and for half a season (the idea that this is a post-lockdown thing is so preposterous I don’t even know where to start) - we’re as bad as we were under a manager almost nobody liked despite having a better squad and a lot more goodwill. This is self-evident whatever the reasons.

Claude was not even liked by the players never mind the fans. He couldnt get the best out of them.Brendan has. Vardy is back to his best, even Iheanacho has improved under him which says plenty. Ndidi has improved his all round game too. Oh, Brendan has also got us into Europe and above two of the "Big 6" and Wolves. I`d say he has done better than Claude over the season.Anyone who thinks otherwise has an obvious agenda.

Is Claude your uncle?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Sorry mate but the facts clearly show we are better now than under Puel and Pearson and Every other manager we have had in the prem apart from king Claudio 

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Yep I do.  Believe we have an amazing manager that is trying to build something over 4 to 5 years and find away of competing with the big 6. But sitting 4th and having it in our own hands is awful, shocking, how didn’t we not win the league 😂🤣😂🤣

look at the games we have thrown away, all stupid individual errors and giving the ball away in very bad positions. If you think it’s not errors and all about tactics that’s your opinion, but mine is what I see and I see errors that lead to goals, also see bad decision making in the final 3rd. But I kind of expect that with a young team. 

Wow.

For what it's worth, I think Brendan and us is a good fit.

He took plaudits for the amazing Christmas run and he should take a proportion of stick for the abysmal post Christmas run. 

It's not rocket science :thumbup: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Wow.

For what it's worth, I think Brendan and us is a good fit.

He took plaudits for the amazing Christmas run and he should take a proportion of stick for the abysmal post Christmas run. 

It's not rocket science :thumbup: 

So you don’t think a lot of the games we haven’t won isn’t down to individual errors? But tactics? Nothing to do with players being injured or out of form? Just tactics? 

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Fair enough ..  we may have carried on as before ...  but others, several in fact, seemed to improve massively ...   so ..   lockdown didn’t do us any favours.   Games then came thick  and fast and teams with small squads were always going to be at a disadvantage due to increased injuries ..  lockdown again.

..I would suspect the only teams with less points return since lockdown has been the bottom three!!!

We did not become poor after lockdown, we were poor a long time before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cecchini1976 said:

So you don’t think a lot of the games we haven’t won isn’t down to individual errors? But tactics? Nothing to do with players being injured or out of form? Just tactics? 

Um, nope.

Combination of both.

Feel free to re-read earlier posts.