Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Guest ttfn
2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I would have taken 5th and a League Cup semi final. We all would have.

We're in Europe next season. Up the Foxes.

This is exactly the same sort of defeatist nonsense we all rightly derided when people said “but you’d have taken relegation the year after winning the Premier League”.

Edit: Not a pop at you @Fox92 sorry. But I just think this line of reasoning is a total cop out.

Edited by ttfn

Beyond this season, I cant see us ever pushing for Europe under him. We crumble against any side remotely capable of playing football. Mourinho probably didn't even have to work on tactics and the other "top club" managers probably dont either. He'd get out-tactic'd by a pigeon.

We wont sack him though so just have to back him and hopefully we'll bin off half our backups players because they're not at the level we need.

Also, I hope this comment ages like milk and Rodgers turns out to be worth the 45m contract.

• Like 1

Just now, TeamRocket said:

I know dude just playing with u 😄 am happy where ever we finish as long as we gave it everything

I probably over reacted, I'm just a bit pissed off like everyone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

This is exactly the same sort of defeatist nonsense we all rightly derided when people said “but you’d have taken relegation the year after winning the Premier League”.

Edit: Not a pop at you @Fox92 sorry. But I just think this line of reasoning is a total cop out.

It's okay. I'm as disappointed at this collapse, and these recent performances, as everyone else (I've said multiple times we've been poor since December) and I am quite critical however I'd have snapped your hand off for 5th place.

Regardless of form, injuries, opposition, Rodgers will always play the same way. Attacking, front foot, high line, pressing football. This is great when things are going well and confidence is high. When you hit a rocky patch, you need to be pragmatic, be hard to beat and basically grind out games and be ugly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Beyond this season, I cant see us ever pushing for Europe under him. We crumble against any side remotely capable of playing football. Mourinho probably didn't even have to work on tactics and the other "top club" managers probably dont either. He'd get out-tactic'd by a pigeon.

We wont sack him though so just have to back him and hopefully we'll bin off half our backups players because they're not at the level we need.

Also, I hope this comment ages like milk and Rodgers turns out to be worth the 45m contract.

He plays the same style whatever the opposition or injury list. Seen it all before. 

to be honest I think  BR aim was to get to Europa and now that we got that he does not care cos as far as he concerned we ain't good enough for CL. So guess we just need someone who has higher ambition and some who can get us there. After a few years maybe 2 we are gonna out grow his ambition unless he's attitude changes. Personally I think once you hit your mini target (40pt, top half of the table, Europa league or champ league or what ever it is)  you go all out nothing to lose.

1 minute ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

The problem with Rodgers is in his own head / his own ego. He thinks he needs to live up to this elite coach reputation and mindset and he’s overthinking everything and trying to be too clever. 

I think this is the main issue for me. You've got to admit you've got a problem before you can fix it. I can see it being too late by the time he admits we have a problem

To lose 3-0 with our goal difference was criminal.

We know how spurs set up, so if Brendan had half a brain he would of set up more differently.

Just like us in 2015/16 season we was happy for the opposition to have the ball, spurs have a deadly forward line, so it would have made more sense to play it safe if we had played Choudhury or Mendy in midfield.

It feels awful how we have just dropped away tamely.

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I probably over reacted, I'm just a bit pissed off like everyone else.

I know what you mean. I think ave just gone pass the stress level of worrying and come to terms with being happy with how we finished hopefully next season we build on this and be more stronger 

• Like 1

He feeds into this group's mentality. He has allowed some of these players to be a soft touch.

You only need to look for what he said about Man City's FFP ban (nothing). What he says about referee decisions. How he reacts on the sidelines.

He isn't a dirty manager. Everything about the way he operates is clean and nice and fancy and looks great when it's going our way. But it doesn't work for a whole season because good teams have grit and aggression and can win dirty too.

He needs to sign genuine winners, leaders, players who have played at big clubs. He needs players like Lallana, or he needs to find a way to get it out of this current bunch.

Look at the Mourinho clip doing the rounds. You have to be c****. Not stupid c****, intelligent c****. The ones that are in this team - Vardy, Schmeichel, possibly Tielemans - have been our best players when the going gets tough, and that's no surprise.

They are every bit the Spurs team of the Pochettino era, or the Rodgers Liverpool side. It's a mentality thing and Rodgers has to look back on what made him win at Celtic, and how to transfer that mentality here. Because otherwise, we're going to have the same kind of season next year.

• Like 1