Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He played with 6 defensive players today and we are 3 down in the first half we was we playing so high the amount of space behind was crazy considering our problems at the back ...

Really don't understand his decisions at times and I was well behind him.

The amount of game time nacho has got since we've been back is shit as well considering his ability and form.

we've had our second highest finish though so he does deserve credit it's a 38 game season after all and the injuries have jarred us ..

Deserves  another season just wish we would attack more though 

Undoubtedly deserves more time but the form plus his form for buying players does really worry me, and that’s without players like Ricardo getting their head turned by teams in the champions league.

Can have all the tactics in the world! But if your in a building process and have no bench/no wingers then it takes time. If we sack Rodgers we’ll still have no wingers and no quality on the bench. It takes time! 5th is progress and we attracted the quality of Ricardo and Tieliemans when we were mid table! So id hope we could attract another 3 of that quality over the summer. Then as fans judge Rodgers when he has options. Atm we’re a young team trying to play like a Man City when on top with lesser players. And don’t have depth. 

42 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I think the biggest mistake Rodgers has made was no contingency planning. When we were playing well we relied on the same XI JJ, Morgan, Albrighton, Fuchs, Gray, Nacho , Praet, Hamza could all have played more games. We could have tried 3 at the back, 343, 433 etc in different games. We destroyed Villa playing a diamond but don't seem to have tried it again.

We can't rely on XI players not getting injured or suspended or going off form. We have to have a functioning squad especially next season when we're in Europe.

Maybe he signed a huge contract thinking he could keep that form going all season, knowing it will hamper our business in January. If we bottled it, he could always say that we can’t spend as much as the big boys around us.

Still getting paid handsomely in the end. 

We were to a large extent over performing with a full squad of players to pick from.

Now that we're 4 light of what we need, and have been during this restart, it's no wonder to me that we are where we are.  After the first 11, bar one or two who show glimpses of quality, we're well short of what is required to sustain our position.

With CL football we need 5 or 6 in.

Without CL football we'd still need 5 or 6 in.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I do get where you're coming from but it's a catch 22 isn't it. The squad isn't big enough, the squad isn't good enough, tactically he isn't the best himself and then we've had injuries too. But we should have had 4th secured about 3 games ago, mad how we've let it slip.

It's tough, but if you want to compete with the big boys you have to start thinking and acting like them. 

We've almost been spoilt by the early success, it was never sustainable and doubly so when you throw a global pandemic into the mix, but there was no contingency planning. JJ had a couple of cup games, now he's our starting wing back, Thomas wasn't even near the squad in Jan. Morgan and Bennett have had a couple of starts this season. 4 of our back 5 had played virtually  no football before lockdown.

The other thing mixing it up first half of the season would have done is highlighted how poor our squad was and what we needed in January. Bennett on loan was never going to be enough to sustain a CL drive.

• Like 2

The start of next season will make or break BR's stint in here. Many fans are already unsatisfied by the performances and if carries out next season, it would become a much bigger problem than it is now.

Ricardo will hopefully be back next season. He is so important to the team. The fullbacks are becoming more and more important in today's football and having a player like him is important.

Plus, we need a flair player. Carry him defensively if it is required. Some players have the quality to change a game with one  moment of brilliance and a player with that quality is missing from the squad atm.

Call me fickle or whatever,but I don't think we'll win anything relevant with this bloke at at the helm.

He's just confirming what everyone and their dog knew, champagne football when there's no pressure and then big time bottle when it really matters. Better than what we've had since Ranieri but I'd be very surprised if he's still around by Christmas.

I just hope he won't overload us with dross before he goes.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Call me fickle or whatever,but I don't think we'll win anything relevant with this bloke at at the helm.

He's just confirming what everyone and their dog knew, champagne football when there's no pressure and then big time bottle when it really matters. Better than what we've had since Ranieri but I'd be very surprised if he's still around by Christmas.

I just hope he won't overload us with dross before he goes.

He's the best we can attract though. He's a Europa League level manager at best and any manager better than him won't want to come to us. Talk of Poch is delusional. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tetly said:

This is tough because we would have all taken 5th at the start of the season. However our form and and some of his decisions need to be looked at.

As others have said we don’t have the quality of the traditional top 6 so it was always going to be a big ask to get into the top 4.

We have had a good season on reflection some fantastic performances and some poor ones. We are on course for the second best season in our history so it can’t be that bad. I only hope this young team learns from it and improves again next year.

Our squad is good and a lot of our players will be wanted elsewhere if we can keep hold of our key player and add to the starting 11 with top quality we will be ok. 

Just thought I’d try be positive.

How can it  be the second best season in our history  when we were 2nd  in 1926  and  could have done the  double in the early sixties  and have reached 4 cup finals when it  meant something  and also there were more matches played. This year apart from Liverpool and to a certain extent Man C  the league is very weak  and if we finish 5th this is equivalent to about 12th  in most years. Apart from the 9-0 what performances have been fantastic  we have lost to  the 3 teams  who willprobablly be relegated and  havent won a .  game when we were expected to lose. Apart from Schmeichel  Ndidi  and Vardy  I  dont think any of the others who played at Spurs would have got into ONeils side    

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

At the end of the day, the buck always stops with the manager. I totally understand why people are unhappy, it's very possible that the poor form will continue into next season, especially with the shortened pre season and extra European games. I have to say though, if the second highest finish in most of our lifetimes isn't good enough then the next manager isn't going to last very long either.

...no one is saying it's not good enough!!!

The problem is the decline since December which Rodgers has been unable to stop.

There are traits that are ingrained in Rodgers mentality, one of them being the reluctance to change formation or implement a substitution before half-time.

Chilwell was having a problem and was clearly being incapacitated by a problem with his foot, yet he was allowed to continue for a further 20 minutes with him failing to come out for the second half.

It seems it doesn't matter how bad things are, the change has to wait till half-time.Absolutely bonkers!!

The hope that next season he can reset and find the way to unpick a deep lying defence should keep us in the top six, because that is where we belong, with the calibre of players in our team.

More and more he is looking like Claudio, good at the start but fails in his second year. Taking the Celtic details out of his career, he seems to have short term tenures.

• Like 1

I’m sure there’ll be a meeting post season with Top and Rudders to vent a bit of frustration over the loss of a 14 point gap after restart probably be a bit of a autopsy of the 2nd half of the season and they’ll prob ask Brendan what his ideas are for the coming season along with how much he’ll have to spend etc?

what I’m hoping for is they give him a chance to turn our club around hopefully be able to get funding for a few quality signings but that may not be too much to the recent economic disaster that Covid has caused with empty Duty Free enterprises, hope that the old knee jerk reaction doesn’t happen that the players haven’t lost faith in Brendan and that the hierarchy don’t sack him too early on?

Many on here are far to quick to lose faith and say sack the manager but who would we get to replace Brendan ?

Like a few have said this is our second highest position in Our history bring in the EPL and to boot a trip to Europe CL or Europa, let’s hope Brendan gets his chance to bring in his own players to build a quality squad that we would all aspire too?

OAUIBWT 

Mind you I know some will be upset with this but they’ll be no way in hell Nigel Pearson will be back in charge in the near future he was amazing before one of the truly best managers we’ve had but Top wouldn’t give him another go at the Helm :ph34r:

Edited by justfoxes

If BR cannot improve our recent form going into the new season with Thursday night football , a threadbare squad and an ageing Jamie then patience will ebb away and a toxic culture will eventually force Top to sack him . 
The scale of the task is significant and it’s not clear the finance available will be sufficient to fill the gaps we have. 

Therefore I suspect we may slip into mid table mediocrity and the excitement  of recent  years will fall away.
The board will clearly want to avoid that but King Power are suffering with the Pandemic and will struggle to back the club to the extent we need.
It’s up to BR to resolve some of his own shortcomings as the club can only finance  player investment to a limited degree without CL football. 

I am not optimistic.....

1 hour ago, LestaAl said:

If BR cannot improve our recent form going into the new season with Thursday night football , a threadbare squad and an ageing Jamie then patience will ebb away and a toxic culture will eventually force Top to sack him . 
The scale of the task is significant and it’s not clear the finance available will be sufficient to fill the gaps we have. 

Therefore I suspect we may slip into mid table mediocrity and the excitement  of recent  years will fall away.
The board will clearly want to avoid that but King Power are suffering with the Pandemic and will struggle to back the club to the extent we need.
It’s up to BR to resolve some of his own shortcomings as the club can only finance  player investment to a limited degree without CL football. 

I am not optimistic.....

If this happens in the future, as you've predicted, would you post on here something like "I said this would happen in July 2020"?

7 hours ago, Koke said:

He's the best we can attract though. He's a Europa League level manager at best and any manager better than him won't want to come to us. Talk of Poch is delusional. 

I'm not calling for Poch or any big time manager, but you are right.

Just utterly disappointed by the turn of the events.

Point I’d like to make on the formation/system situation. 

I understand why he’s persisted with a back 3/5. The lack of time between each game gives little very opportunity to work on shape and formation. To tear it up and have another defensive shape can go wrong. 

There’s a full week for us now - so a formation change can be coached better. 

• Like 1

A lot of dramatic comments flying around.

The vast majority of us would acknowledge he's fvcked up a massive gap to 5th and he has to learn from that.

Equally, we can acknowledge that it's higely unlikely we wouldnt even be as high as top 5 in the first place if it wasnt for him.

The reality is our squad is probably the 7th/8th best in the league so 5th would be an over achievement overall.

As form is poor though, a transfer window and the start of next season, say first 10-15 games will be key in looking at how he juggles the premier league and europa league (most likely).

That all depends on what our goals are next season as I dont think we have a squad to compete at the top of the league and europe regardless of who is manager.

• Like 1